The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Power Rangers - the appreciation and discussion thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=11959)

TheCanadiandrome 01-14-2017 11:58 PM

On a bit of a Ranger kick lately, been binging Turbo atm

Storm Eagle 01-15-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1652970)

I watched the S3 Ninja powers 4-parter and wow it's terrible I remembered not liking it a lot but I expected a lot more since the fandom says it's better than the movie origin which couldn't be further from the truth. The movie origin is so much better and told in pretty much the same amount of running time so there were no advantages. I really wish they had used that as the origin instead of what we got, I'm aware they didn't own the movie but they could've just started the season with the new Zords and reference without specifying how they had gotten the new powers. And the 4 monsters that helped destroy the Thunderzords (American footage right? That was pretty cool actually) never got destroyed, they just forgot about them, big plothole.

Anywho I'll consider the movie in my own canon as in continuity since it makes no sense to leave it all by itself. You obviously have to ignore why the suits look different but that isn't a big deal, their extra equipment? Somethings Billy added they never used again just like many other inventions from the show, Mordant? He went home if we take his backstory seriously that's not in the movie or we consider him a random monster like the ones from the show that are sometimes seen hanging out. The biggest problem most will snap at is "but they get the Ninja Powers", I've got a solution the movie never references that the Zords are new or they are getting these new powers, you just know that they lost their powers and needed to go to another planet to get them back, so this could take place after Ninja Quest and they already have the Ninja Powers and those are the powers they lose and try to get back not the dino/thunder ones which you assume when watching the movie. The only problem is the emblems changed from Dinosaurs to the ninja animals which you can ignore just as how they still use the dino theme in S3 and yet it doesn't make sense anymore at all and that the Adam shows disappointed on being a Frog but at that time they would've already known they were those animals, maybe they just thought it was their zords and not their actual spirit haha. It really can't be before Ninja Quest since they use the thunderzords until they lose their powers if not you could fit the movie between episodes and say Rito was sleeping or whatever but they do use their powers before they got them again and all around it's a messier explanation.

That's so not how it works. You can't just foolishly shoehorn the movie into the show's continuity that way just because you liked "Ninja Quest" better. Especially with how everything in the movie looks compared to the show. They did "Ninja Quest" to make it clear that that's the show's version, and the movie is on it's own. It's perfectly okay to leave the movie by itself, as that's how it was intended to be. You're not hurting its feelings.

ZariusTwo 01-15-2017 12:41 PM

Not sure if there was ever a reason for this, but GMTV (and SKY also I beleive, though I can't verify this outside of my brother's say-so) aired "A Friend In Need" five episodes into the third season, coming after "Ninja Quest" and "A Brush With Destiny". Confused the dickens out of me at the time

Storm Eagle 01-15-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1653057)
Not sure if there was ever a reason for this, but GMTV (and SKY also I beleive, though I can't verify this outside of my brother's say-so) aired "A Friend In Need" five episodes into the third season, coming after "Ninja Quest" and "A Brush With Destiny". Confused the dickens out of me at the time

It even happened that way twice on Fox Kids US the last two times it aired in reruns. We all know damn well that it isn't the correct order anyway.

sdp 01-15-2017 05:39 PM

So far season 3 is not great and also a step down from S2 which was already a step down from S1. The core formula just doesn't work with the changes but at least S2 still retained somewhat of the S1 DNA but here you have Ninja Powers which make no sense that they still have the Dinosaur suits, I remember even thinking about this as a kid, even if not really used much in S2 at least the dinosaurs transformed into other mythological beings so it was easier to overlook that but here none of that is there. The lack of sentai footage I think hurts it, it hurt S2 but it especially hurts S3 the suit fights aren't that good and even the calling of the zords feels "slow" and without energy when compared to the original and thunder zords.

The ninja suits are also not cool since they pretty much got rid of the civilian fights not to mention with them covering the whole face unlike the movie which covered part just looks odd. I do like the villains and Bulk and Skull.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1653052)
That's so not how it works. You can't just foolishly shoehorn the movie into the show's continuity that way just because you liked "Ninja Quest" better. Especially with how everything in the movie looks compared to the show. They did "Ninja Quest" to make it clear that that's the show's version, and the movie is on it's own. It's perfectly okay to leave the movie by itself, as that's how it was intended to be. You're not hurting its feelings.

Well I'm not expecting others to want it in continuity it's my "headcanon" as some fandoms call it and it's because I love the movie and think it's an awesome story so in my version of the show it took place. The video games did the same it's just what I'll prefer.

MikeandRaph87 01-15-2017 07:49 PM

#11 comes out this Wednesday. We get the name of the Mysterious White Ranger and Mastodon Sentries.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/12/23...wer-rangers-11

Thoughts?

Storm Eagle 01-16-2017 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1653103)

Well I'm not expecting others to want it in continuity it's my "headcanon" as some fandoms call it and it's because I love the movie and think it's an awesome story so in my version of the show it took place. The video games did the same it's just what I'll prefer.

Well some people need to be shot in the head with a cannon for the ideas they come up with.

Allio 01-16-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1653115)
#11 comes out this Wednesday. We get the name of the Mysterious White Ranger and Mastodon Sentries.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/12/23...wer-rangers-11

Thoughts?

Hopefully this arc will be much better than the black dragon arc.

MikeandRaph87 01-16-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allio (Post 1653180)
Hopefully this arc will be much better than the black dragon arc.

It wasn't bad. I just don't like how one arc leads directly into the next and the two one and donevstories interrupt it. Let us hope Tommy and Billy in a Planet of The Apes dimension will be good. It has a great set up and its cool to see the two I liked as a kid getting one on one interaction.

Here is the full preview.
http://www.cbr.com/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-11/

Allio 01-16-2017 07:04 PM

it wasn't good either, it was a pretty mediocre story overall.

ranger_scout 01-17-2017 09:08 AM

Here are the episode synopsis for the first eight episodes of Ninja Steel.

Quote:

Power Rangers Ninja Steel Episode 1 "Return of the Prism"

A young teen named Brody escapes to Earth from an alien spaceship with a special artifact called the Ninja Nexus Prism. He and two new friends must unlock its secrets to defend it from the villainous champion Galvanax.

Power Rangers Ninja Steel Episode 2 "Forged in Steel"

As Brody, Preston, and Sarah return to Brody's childhood home in an attempt to find his lost family, Hayley and Calvin come across a strange alien named Mick.

Power Rangers Ninja Steel Episode 3 "Live and Learn"

Brody is accused of cheating on his first day of school after using his Data Comm to find answers. Now, he must use his own abilities and leadership skills to lead the Rangers against another threat from Galvanax.

Power Rangers Ninja Steel Episode 4 "Presto Chango-O"

Preston is amazed when he discovers he’s developed real magical abilities. Meanwhile, Galvanax hatches a plan with a new monster to steal the Ninja Power Stars.

Power Rangers Ninja Steel Episode 5 "Drive To Survive"

When the Power Rangers are caught in the spiderweb prison of Galvanax’s latest monster Tangleweb, Calvin must conquer his fear to unlock a new power and save them.

Power Rangers Ninja Steel Episode 6 "My Friend, Redbot"

Hayley is targeted by Galvanax’s latest monster. Isolated from the other Rangers, she and Redbot must work together to save themselves.

Power Rangers Ninja Steel Episode 7 "Hack Attack"

Determined to take part in as many student activities as she can, Sarah builds a device that allows her to clone herself, but the plan backfires when Galvanax's monster steals the technology for himself!

Power Rangers Ninja Steel Episode 8 "Gold Rush"

Both the Power Rangers and Galvanax attempt to find more information about the new mysterious Gold Ranger.
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/power...-cast-and-more

Allio 01-17-2017 10:11 AM

oh no...plot that actually involves round the school...this is not a good sign.

Wildcat 01-17-2017 09:30 PM

Ok this is kind of off-topic but seeing one of the episodes titled Gold Rush I'd like to mention this.

So anyone who follows sports at all knows about the Golden State Warriors.

When Durant joined the team I jokingly called them the Power Rangers of basketball and I titled thier season PR : Gold Rush.

turtlefanforever 01-18-2017 04:42 PM

so

Anyone play MMPR Mega battle yet? looks like it could be fun

The Deadman 01-18-2017 05:25 PM

Im thinking of buying it tonight and trying it after work tomorrow.

Allio 01-18-2017 06:06 PM

yeah, didn't bother. gameplay I have seen looked really bad,

Storm Eagle 01-18-2017 07:24 PM

Another preview of the first Ninja Steel episode, with a bit of the theme song at the end. It sounds all right, but I'd have to hear more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc8Q67AxZqo

ranger_scout 01-19-2017 06:43 AM

A new trailer for the reboot has FINALLY arrived. I think it looks awesome!

ZariusTwo 01-19-2017 06:49 AM

Looks awesome. Cheesy in a lot of places too, which is right up the brand's alley.

Storm Eagle 01-19-2017 07:12 AM

The trailer isn't too shabby. Zordon looks cool, Alpha sounds all right, but I'm still unsure about the zords though. I'd still wait out the Blu-ray, but I'd actually buy it on principle alone.