The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   So now what? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58820)

CyberCubed 09-25-2017 04:53 PM

So now what?

Now the only ongoing TMNT series currently is IDW's comics.

Mirage is still on indefinite hiatus. The Nick cartoon ended. The Nick Adventures comics from IDW have ended. The new movies bombed. All other universe are concluded for the time being, and the 80's Turtles got what might be their final crossover.

Until the new cartoon starts, I feel empty. It feels like there's nothing to discuss anymore, and since IDW comics only come out twice a month usually that means all the other weeks there's nothing to say.

What do we do now?

Utrommaniac 09-25-2017 04:58 PM

Keep enjoying IDW. The tide's about to turn and if anyone does decide to check it out, they've got plenty to occupy them and read from to get caught up

FredWolfLeonardo 09-25-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1717745)
What do we do now?

Dreadfully wait for the Rise of the tmnt.

Andrew NDB 09-25-2017 05:29 PM

"Pleasedon'trisepleasedon'trisepleasedon'trise ..."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-25-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1717755)
"Pleasedon'trisepleasedon'trisepleasedon'trise ..."

Deshi deshi basara basara!!!

ToTheNines 09-25-2017 05:47 PM

This Friday (technically Thursday) is the 5 year anniversary of the Nick show. I'm gonna watch the first two episodes and then start a marathon from there. Might be fun if a bunch of us did that, now that it's all over, and had a thread dedicated to reviews/thoughts/memories.

Ninjinister 09-25-2017 05:48 PM

TMNT Legends is still getting updates for the time being, if anybody cares. They still have Alopex, Shinigami, and Kunoichi April to release. Since they have very little season 5 material and still NONE of the space arc, they might still have quite a bit to go.

Plus there's always the chance that since they have 87/Mirage/Out of the Shadows characters and missions, they might just roll into Rise when it comes out.

IndigoErth 09-25-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

So now what?
Dunno. :ohwell: Was hoping for news about the next one come NYCC to keep us a little occupied, but with that unlikely..?

Though it will be depressing if the next is just a replacement for Half Shell that they never bothered to do enough with.

Even more now though I wish someone else had the rights to do a more gritty, adult (and adult Turtles) series for another channel. Something really good, enough that it might even win people who never really paid attention to TMNT before. Too much to ask, yet it shouldn't be...

Damn... we almost need a 3rd film to keep the debates, etc going. lol

Cryomancer 09-25-2017 05:59 PM

Read the manga! Play the videogames!

GoldMutant 09-25-2017 07:04 PM

(Still struggling with videos. Argh. :ohwell:)

I'll let Ric Flair do the talking here: "Read what you want to read! Believe what you wanna believe! But go to bed!" :lol:

I guess binge watch the Nick show if you have all the episodes from the recent DVDs or do something else with the series. Whether it be reading Mirage, Archie, or IDW or something else entirely (the video games or movies) is up to you.

Allio 09-25-2017 08:22 PM

So now what?

How about an orgy?

IndigoErth 09-25-2017 08:28 PM

Er, yeah, I'll pass... you guys can just tell me later how that went.

mikey22 09-25-2017 09:18 PM

wait the nick series is over? i thought a second crossover was going to happen?

they arent going to air anymore episodes from tales kf the tmnt?

CyberCubed 09-25-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey22 (Post 1717848)
wait the nick series is over? i thought a second crossover was going to happen?

they arent going to air anymore episodes from tales kf the tmnt?

It's all over, bro!

ABrown 09-25-2017 09:48 PM

We've got three cartoons that all went for over 100 episodes, as well as a ton of movies, and comics to discuss. Be greatful that we're not in the same boat as Thundercats or He-Man fans.

snake 09-25-2017 10:33 PM

Do you not remember 2009-2012?

Allio 09-25-2017 10:38 PM

Could be worse, we could be power rangers and have a consistent flow of shows and be shallow as all hell.

CyberCubed 09-25-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allio (Post 1717863)
Could be worse, we could be power rangers and have a consistent flow of shows and be shallow as all hell.

I can't believe rangerboard even still exists.

It's funny because Dragonball fans went over a decade without a new show to discuss, now Super gives people mental breakdowns week after week. You should see kazenshuu

Prowler 09-26-2017 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1717861)
Do you not remember 2009-2012?

"A world without TMNT is not a world I want to live in"? Ofc I do.

So yeah... just wait until the net cartoon series comes out. Simple, really. As a kid/teenager it was more frustrating waiting for new Turtles content but as an adult? I'll have tons of other things on my mind until then. One's life should not revolve around the Turtles.

ZariusTwo 09-26-2017 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1717856)
We've got three cartoons that all went for over 100 episodes, as well as a ton of movies, and comics to discuss. Be greatful that we're not in the same boat as Thundercats or He-Man fans.

Especially He-Man fans. All we get from that these days are...well...this.