The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Rise of the TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   RISE and FALL - The countdown to cancellation. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59793)

Leonardo_thebest 04-03-2018 12:17 AM

RISE and FALL - The countdown to cancellation.

We can't bet real money, so let's bet Pizza.

I'll wager three all dressed, and one 4 cheese and pepperoni it dies in May 2019.

Go.

Ante up with slices, or raise with whole pies.

Leonardo2003 04-03-2018 04:20 AM

So you’re saying 1 season? I say at least 3 full seasons.

neatoman 04-03-2018 08:08 AM

Yeah, one season seems a little short. Two seasons are pretty much expected for any cartoon. At least two or three seasons but not over eight. My guess is four or five.

IndigoErth 04-03-2018 08:39 AM

Aw, come on, that ain't nice... even for this. :tlol: And six months early. :trazz:

Worst case scenario, I give it 3 seasons. Two to try to run out their initial main plan for it, and one to jump the shark if it wasn't working out too great.

If it was rock bottom boring I'd give it one, but the modern style that looks to aim to bombard the viewer with visual craziness, with city backgrounds akin to a manic candy store sugar rush, will probably help stave off boring-ness, at least for a while. (edit: Of course, now that causes me more concern about it... being visually flashy to get attention rather than earned attention via actual effort.)

Tell you what... At least run it long enough that they have time to come out with a cute figure I actually want to own, so I can have just one for prosperity (is that the right word...) sake.

Vicky82 04-03-2018 08:58 AM

The show hasn't even started yet and we already got a 2nd thread on how long will this show will last.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59612

CyberCubed 04-03-2018 09:45 AM

Don't you guys ever get bored of hating on a show before it even airs? At least wait till you see what it's like before speculating doom and gloom.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-03-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1754453)
Don't you guys ever get bored of hating on a show before it even airs? At least wait till you see what it's like before speculating doom and gloom.

Says the man who blindly hated on turtle nostrils.

Have you no shame, sir?

#turtleshavetobreathetoo

Andrew NDB 04-03-2018 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1754461)
Says the man who blindly hated on turtle nostrils.

Pro tip: Cubed never really hated the nostrils.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-03-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1754462)
Pro tip: Cubed never really hated the nostrils.

Course he did. Everything Cubed says is 100% genuine and sincere.

C'mon, man, this is the internet! We all tell the truth around here!

Shark_Blade 04-03-2018 11:27 AM

If Teen Titans Go! can still go on with 5 Seasons and with an upcoming movie, then I think it’d be the same way for Rise.

Utrommaniac 04-03-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1754463)
Course he did. Everything Cubed says is 100% genuine and sincere.

C'mon, man, this is the internet! We all tell the truth around here!

plastroncafe 04-03-2018 11:59 AM

Remember the days when folks focused on why they loved the things they do, and not why they hated things they didn't like?

Those were good days.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-03-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1754479)
Remember the days when folks focused on why they loved the things they do, and not why they hated things they didn't like?

Those were good days.

Kinda like how we're all hanging out together because our appreciation of TMNT brought us together?

Except that some of you people like what you've seen of Rise, and deserve to sleep out on the porch for bringing dishonor upon this great and noble house? :trazz:

plastroncafe 04-03-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1754482)
Kinda like how we're all hanging out together because our appreciation of TMNT brought us together?

Except that some of you people like what you've seen of Rise, and deserve to sleep out on the porch for bringing dishonor upon this great and noble house? :trazz:

Oh yes. The great and noble house that brought us such dignified events as: Leonardo Has A Rowboat, Coming Out Of Our Shells, and Doodle!April.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-03-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1754484)
Oh yes. The great and noble house that brought us such dignified events as: Leonardo Has A Rowboat, Coming Out Of Our Shells, and Doodle!April.

I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but what's the rowboat?

2 outta 3 ain't bad.

plastroncafe 04-03-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1754489)

I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but what's the rowboat?

2 outta 3 ain't bad.

Never say I didn't do anything for you. :D
Spoiler:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-03-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1754490)
Never say I didn't do anything for you. :D
Spoiler:

Well, at least Oprah wasn't part of that one. :trazz:

plastroncafe 04-03-2018 12:41 PM

Dignity.
Always, dignity.

Autbot_Benz 04-03-2018 12:42 PM

I honestly thought our resident complainer Vegita-San made this thread. Boy was I wrong. :lol:

sdp 04-03-2018 01:16 PM

Regardless of quality this show is set to bomb, I'd be surprised if it becomes a mild success. It has done a textbook example of how not to re-energize a brand.

I'm giving it 2 seasons max if they're really invested in the concept and want to ride it out. I'm thinking it bombs after one season.

I'm excited to watch it though, It probably won't blow my mind away but it has potential to entertain me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1754479)

Those were good days.

The internet has always been negative but around the time when youtube started and the Angry Video Game Nerd became popular, that was the downfall. It gets more people engaged to be negative and talk about how something sucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1754467)
If Teen Titans Go! can still go on with 5 Seasons and with an upcoming movie, then I think it’d be the same way for Rise.

This is not like Teen Titans Go though, it's more akin to The New Adventures of He-Man.