The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The Predator (2018) (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54625)

The Deadman 02-28-2016 10:43 AM

The Predator (2018)

http://i65.tinypic.com/34i02uu.png

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...dator-in-2018/

Quote:

“You’ll never see him coming.”

Twentieth Century Fox will hunt down The Predator on March 2, 2018.

Fred Dekker (The Monster Squad) penned the screenplay for director Shane Black (Iron Man 3, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang).

We haven’t heard much since April when Producer John Davis exclaimed that the next Predator would reinvent the franchise.

We’ve been told it’s a direct sequel to John McTiernan’s 1987 Predator, although that has not been confirmed.

I’m just happy to see the franchise go in a new direction, again. Shane Black is an amazing writer/director, mostly because he understands how to develop memorable characters (I love that Tony Stark is the star of his Iron Man). Predator was all about the ensemble. Predators attempted to emulate this feeling and failed. If anyone can get back to the franchise’s roots, it’s Black.
I'm kinda hyped for this. Just sad it's not a follow up to Predators cause that movie was kinda amazing.

Wildcat 02-28-2016 09:15 PM

I agree I really liked Predators. Well even so I've always liked these movies and the monster/species.

ProactiveMan 02-29-2016 01:53 AM

I've been hearing about this for a while, and I'm pretty happy Shane Black is involved. I don't understand why Predator 2 always gets the sh*tty end of the stick, but I'm excited that another movie is coming out.

I liked Predators, but I wans't a fan of those super Predator things. They built them up to be bigger and meaner than the OG Predator, but they were about 50,000 times easier to kill in the end.

THGhost 02-29-2016 01:55 PM

Wow, this came out of nowhere. :tcool:

AT-Man 02-29-2016 04:16 PM

Excellent! I like Predators, but it's got nothing on the first and second. Let's hope the new one can challenge them.

Sumac 03-03-2016 01:19 PM

Predators were somewhat rough, but not without its moments. Much better than the crap like AVP2. I hope new movie will concentrate on establishing some interesting characters, BEFORE starting to kill them.

ProactiveMan 03-04-2016 06:15 AM

I'm starting to think I may be the only person on Earth who likes AVP Requiem.

Spike Spiegel 03-04-2016 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProactiveMan (Post 1555502)
I'm starting to think I may be the only person on Earth who likes AVP Requiem.

I probably would have liked it if the lighting and cinematography actually allowed the viewer to see what was going on.

I don't think I ever finished watching it.

Krutch 03-04-2016 07:24 AM

You sure you're not thinking about the first AvP? I remember hating that one for the same reasons, and while watching AvP:R feeling a little relieved that I could actually see the damn thing.

The Deadman 03-04-2016 07:42 AM

The first AVP had decent lighting, the 2nd one had scenes that were shot in almost total darkness or the lighting was so bad you probably had to adjust it on your TV, like the scenes with the PredAlien or the scene where the chick got the Alien's eggs forced down her throat.

Krutch 03-04-2016 08:11 AM

Ah, I see. I'll take your word on it. I don't feel like revisiting either film to check lol

Amaranthus 03-04-2016 08:13 AM

Predator, you say?
https://i.imgur.com/OAgzggh.png

THGhost 03-08-2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel (Post 1555508)
I probably would have liked it if the lighting and cinematography actually allowed the viewer to see what was going on.

I don't think I ever finished watching it.

Just turn up the brightness/contrast on your TV. Problem solved. Then you only have to live with yourself knowing that you just watched AVP: Requiem.

TigerClaw 03-08-2016 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THGhost (Post 1556845)

Just turn up the brightness/contrast on your TV. Problem solved. Then you only have to live with yourself knowing that you just watched AVP: Requiem.

I read about it, I hope it happens, and i hope he's the main star in the movie and not just a supporting role or cameo.

AT-Man 03-08-2016 07:28 PM

I, for one, do not hope Arnold is the lead in the new Predator film.

Spike Spiegel 03-08-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AT-Man (Post 1556923)
I, for one, do not hope Arnold is the lead in the new Predator film.

Maybe a post-credits cameo (or just a cameo in general).

raph27 03-08-2016 07:36 PM

So it's a direct sequel to the first one? Cool. I've actually only seen the first one, haven't gotten around to the others yet.

TigerClaw 03-08-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raph27 (Post 1556933)
So it's a direct sequel to the first one? Cool. I've actually only seen the first one, haven't gotten around to the others yet.

Probably, but I liked Predator 2 with Danny Glover also.

ProactiveMan 03-08-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raph27 (Post 1556933)

That's fine, but I'll be cheesed if they retcon Predator II out of existence. I hate when they do that. I don't take movie stuff too seriously, but it actually pissed me off when Robert Rodriguez was saying Predators was going to be what Predator II should have been. The central premise of Predators is probably more interesting than the 'concrete jungle' angle of Predator II, but Predator II executed its premise way better than Predators did in my opinion.

THGhost 03-09-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProactiveMan (Post 1556976)
That's fine, but I'll be cheesed if they retcon Predator II out of existence. I hate when they do that. I don't take movie stuff too seriously, but it actually pissed me off when Robert Rodriguez was saying Predators was going to be what Predator II should have been. The central premise of Predators is probably more interesting than the 'concrete jungle' angle of Predator II, but Predator II executed its premise way better than Predators did in my opinion.

It probably will. Predator II isn't as fondly remembered like the first movie. It was a decent movie (II). I actually hated it the first time I saw it, but I eventually grew to like it.