The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NECA 1/4 scale Henson Turtles!!! (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54522)

Monte Williams 02-13-2016 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychturtle (Post 1549683)
They need to just take my money. I'm selling out Mondo figs for these. Holy crap! I don't get all the crying about the scale.

I'm with you. A transcendent toy is a transcendent toy, regardless of scale, added to which the traditional NECA scale is 7 inches, so they'd still be too tall to stand alongside any other Turtles-related figures anyway.

Nelson 02-13-2016 08:47 PM

Walkthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J8ZIRWbZi8

zaktheneutrino 02-13-2016 08:55 PM

I'm already all in for Mondo turtles but for $100 a pop, these are very tempting! I don't really have many movie line collectibles. These may be a great way to put an end to that! My biggest problem is going to be having space for all of this new stuff. Mondos, SH Figuarts, First Gokin Shredder, Mega Bloks sets and now these...hmmm

psychturtle 02-13-2016 08:58 PM

I cannot wait til recreate movie scenes with these figs. They have to make shredder. I need that rooftop scene.

Lil Karai 02-13-2016 09:14 PM

Listen to the first 5 min of this video. More Tmnt hinted at! (Smaller and larger scales, plus video game appearance!)
http://www.pixel-dan.com (NECA product walkthru video).

Otter 02-14-2016 12:17 AM

So... the Donatello actually on display at Toy Fair isn't 1:4 scale, is it?

Is that another good sign that there will be a release at a smaller scale?

cloud 02-14-2016 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 1549800)
So... the Donatello actually on display at Toy Fair isn't 1:4 scale, is it?

Is that another good sign that there will be a release at a smaller scale?

That's what I'm thinking too.
With the earlier photos I thought he's already in 1:4 scale but then in Pixel Dan's video, Donnie is much smaller than the 1:4 Batman Begins figure so either they enlarge their prototype for 1:4 or they have other plans. From the video it looks like that's in 1:6 scale. Keep in mind the turtles in the old movies are a bit shorter than April. So for 1:6 they would be around 11"?

Jay $tarkiller 02-14-2016 01:28 AM

Holy shizznit, I'm all-in for those bad boys. I'm gonna get all 4. Great looking sculpt. Been waiting for this since 7 year old me walked out of that theater :tcool::tcool::tcool:

Otter 02-14-2016 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay $tarkiller (Post 1549813)
Been waiting for this since 7 year old me walked out of that theater

Same here (except I was 15).

The Playmates "movie" turtles were some of the first toys I sourced from overseas (don't know if they were ever released in Australia), and I was so disappointed when I finally got my hands on them.

Similar to the disappointment when Playmates released the Movie Classics a couple of years ago.

Something like this has been a long time coming. Thank you NECA.

twopinacoladas 02-14-2016 04:24 AM

Looks very cool I will very likely get these and while I was pretty happy with the Playmates movie figures I was thinking if a company like Neca got behind them they could make them look much more movie accurate with the sculpts and paint work. I might take these over the film statues especially if they are more affordable. I can do $100 USD the Modo's looked cool but weren't different enough from the NECA figures I have and I couldn't justify over $200 CAD per figure with shipping etc.

Meow 02-14-2016 04:53 AM

The thing I'm wondering the most about is how much it seems all about "NECA" but no word about the artist who is not an unknown modeler throughout the entire sculpting and modeling scene. Either way I'm so much going to get these while Raph is actually the only one I really *want*

The Fifth Turtle 02-14-2016 08:29 AM

Is there any chance in hell NECA gets back into the comic turtles again?

Monte Williams 02-14-2016 08:41 AM

Our local Hastings still has (or has again) a NECA Turtle. Donatello, I think.

Candy Kappa 02-14-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monte Williams (Post 1549862)

That's impressive considering they came out in 2008.

I did find a Toy Biz Marvel Legends Psyloke in a toy store when I was visiting Paris back in 2014, which was a pretty big moment. :D

I Crave Pizza No More 02-14-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monte Williams (Post 1549862)

Occasionally I notice the same thing, but I think those are trade-ins. A clerk at my former local store told me that when people trade in old toys, they look at the most recent sold listings on eBay and use that price as a guide, usually going with the lowest most recently sold. Not sure if that's true or not, but that's what he said. And probably also how I found a NECA Leo for $20 or so last year.

Candy Kappa 02-14-2016 09:49 AM

Hmm, if they are trade-ins they could be bootlegs if packaged in the tube packaging.

Lil Karai 02-14-2016 01:20 PM

The NECA Quarter Scale Donatello (and other turtles) will be 16.5 inches tall. Judging from Randy's wording on twitter and videos, we will be seeing a lot more TMNT from NECA in a variety of scales. So friggin excited.

I expect big things announced by SDCC 2016....

Sabacooza 02-14-2016 01:27 PM

Did anyone get the impression from the interview when they were talking about the game that we'd get figures based on the Mutants in Manhattan game or were they referring to something else?

Candy Kappa 02-14-2016 01:55 PM

IDW/MiM figure seems to be a possibility.

Leonardo87 02-14-2016 02:12 PM

With all this Henson Turtle stuff coming out maybe *not holding my breath on this* we will finally see light of a Blu Ray/DVD Special Edition with all the stuff we want to see. Issac's Turtle Doc was just a tease lol. I'm definitely going to buy these.