The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Jennika in the next Platinum Dunes movie? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61610)

Andrew NDB 07-11-2019 10:41 PM

Jennika in the next Platinum Dunes movie?

http://bcsr.rutgers.edu/wp-content/u...FocusGroup.jpg

Does anyone else think Platinum Dunes might be seeing all the interest being piqued about Jennika over in IDW going, "Reeeeally? A female Turtle and most people don't seem to hate it this time? Innnnteresting."

Jester 07-11-2019 11:12 PM

but then they'll get it wrong, not world build to get there, and just gender swap a turtle....probably Donna-Tello.

Wildcat 07-11-2019 11:18 PM

I don’t read the comics and only came across the character the other day. I don’t know anything about her.

I’ve always liked the idea of adding another turtle though and I actually liked Venus so if they did that’d be cool to me.

Shark_Blade 07-11-2019 11:32 PM

She’s gonna be the main character and the rest will take a backseat isn’t it?

FredWolfLeonardo 07-12-2019 12:19 AM

This thread needs to have a poll with many options.

neatoman 07-12-2019 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1812034)
http://bcsr.rutgers.edu/wp-content/u...FocusGroup.jpg

Does anyone else think Platinum Dunes might be seeing all the interest being piqued about Jennika over in IDW going, "Reeeeally? A female Turtle and most people don't seem to hate it this time? Innnnteresting."

Galactus 07-12-2019 08:11 AM

Can't see it myself.

For all the talk that the first Platinum Dunes movies took their main inspiration from the IDW series it didn't ever seem like that in the finished product. The one thing which was kinda like that series (the lab origin) we know has been kicking around the minds of Hollywood execs that have handled the property for years before IDW had the TMNT license. I'd be willing to bet it was largely a coincidence. They may have been aware of the IDW series lab origin but they clearly didn't feel any reason to make their version anything like it.

So yeah they haven't followed the IDW series and I don't think they are going to start now.

Even for the sake of diversity Michael Bay and the guys and PD have never struck me as people all that concerned with that. If anything I'd imagine Bay would use his influence to go the other way. Like these are the kind of guys that made a big stink anout how Arcee was too difficult to explain in the first Transformers movie (why would she need any more than explaining than the male Autobots?) and I know people think Fichtner-Shredder was to appease Chinese market/investors but I could easily see Bay thinking do we have to cast a Japanese actor? Why can't we just make him a white guy? That'd be much easier.

From a creative standpoint she'd have to be saved for a sequel and world building is not something Bay and co do. Neither PD movie hinted were the next would go and they pretty much ditched everything from the 2014 for Out Of The Shadiws. At best I could see that instead of Karai we get a blonde second in command of the Foot that only says a few lines and is never named in the actual movie that is supposed to be Jennika and I doubt we'd ever see her mutate into a turtle.

CyberCubed 07-12-2019 09:47 AM

Even the whole reincarnation aspect IDW came up with that I forget exists half the time was never used anywhere else. Hell IDW’s Turtles are technically humans turned Turtle, something people would have seen as shark jumping material in any other version.

Andrew NDB 07-12-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1812116)
Hell IDW’s Turtles are technically humans turned Turtle

No, not technically. If I reincarnated into an eagle, and then the eagle mutated into a big eagle, that doesn't mean I am "technically human turned eagle." It means I am an eagle that mutated big, who in a previous life was a human.

IndigoErth 07-12-2019 10:50 AM

Oh dear. Uh... no thanks?

Being THAT company however and how Bay clearly likes to shove his ideas in there even if he's "just a producer"... it's like you just automatically know in what ways it would be bound to go wrong. There's no way in hell that Bay & Co. wouldn't try their damnedest to ensure that she's sexy to their supposed target audience.

Spoiler:
But... that would kinda make me giggle a lot when plenty of male fans/viewers are feeling sorta awkward about noticing. :tlol:

And I REALLY don't care to watch any of the boys being made to be drooling over her. Please no.

If they did bring her in, I request there be a large enough age difference to kind of put a stop to going in that direction. Either she's too old for them OR maybe bump the guys up into their 20s and maybe she's a new "little sister" who has come along and is just in her teens. Too young for them, accepted as a sister, and maybe go with the slimmed down design some of the concept art had for the guys before they decided to make them so much bigger in the films.

Galactus 07-12-2019 03:18 PM

^^^

To be fair that would entirely depend on whether Bay finds the idea of female anthropomorphic turtle potentially sexy. I have a feeling Bay aint that freaky.

I could be wrong though...come to think of it that Blue Door script had Michelangelo hook up with a female turtle that just came out of nowhere so maybe it's not that far fetched.

Andrew NDB 07-12-2019 03:26 PM

On thing's for certain: Platinum Dunes would bring back shell boobs for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1812044)
This thread needs to have a poll with many options.

OK, done.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-12-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactus (Post 1812213)
^^^

To be fair that would entirely depend on whether Bay finds the idea of female anthropomorphic turtle potentially sexy. I have a feeling Bay aint that freaky.

I could be wrong though...come to think of it that Blue Door script had Michelangelo hook up with a female turtle that just came out of nowhere so maybe it's not that far fetched.

Yeah, but Bay thinks the nerds are. He put balls on a Transformer, remember?

Sugilita 07-12-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactus (Post 1812213)
^^^

Really? And this female turtle was nameless?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-12-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugilita (Post 1812222)
Really? And this female turtle was nameless?

It was a whole planet of mutant Turtles.

The "Blue Door" script was tripping balls on some serious street smack.

Also, whoever wrote it didn't understand what "hate fvck" means. :tlol:

Sugilita 07-12-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1812223)
It was a whole planet of mutant Turtles.

The "Blue Door" script was tripping balls on some serious street smack.

Sounds like a very bad fic. Hopefully "Blue Door" script was just a joke.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-12-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugilita (Post 1812225)
Sounds like a very bad fic. Hopefully "Blue Door" script was just a joke.

It wasn't, amigo.

We didn't dodge a bullet; the bullet that is Platinum Dunes still hit us. Twice.

But we dodged getting mowed down by heavy-caliber automatic weapons fire.

Andrew NDB 07-12-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1812227)
But we dodged getting mowed down by heavy-caliber automatic weapons fire.

Their Turtles didn't -- they can take heavy-caliber automatic weapons fire straight to the skin no problem!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-12-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1812228)
Their Turtles didn't -- they can take heavy-caliber automatic weapons fire straight to the skin no problem!

Aw geez, I forgot about that stupidity.

And people say Megan Fox was the worst part of the PD TMNT movies. :trolleye:

IndigoErth 07-12-2019 04:03 PM

I'm not even sure how to vote... I'm somewhere between rotflolcopter, "Um...what?" and "dear god, no."

Though the fact that whatever PD does is probably bound to be bat crap crazy anyhow, I'm almost willing to throw caution to the wind and just say do it, just to see what the hell happens.

Plastron would so turn into a corset... Push-up plastron plates by Reptoria's Secret.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1812223)

Actually, if it's the same part I'm thinking of, I think it was "eye f***" when Leo and Raph get into a tiff in the back of a (moving?) van. :lol: No... no that is not a term for just glaring at each other!

That script was really something else.

Some of it's descriptive writing was decent in some of the fantastical elements (lord knows it would have been dumbed down for a film though), but the alien concept and how they ended it was depressing, so no thanks.