The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ask a Question, Get an Answer (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=20844)

Roseangelo 12-09-2007 05:58 PM

There one in this lot currently on eBay.

Or you can buy it solo at Mile High Comics for a pretty good deal (it's issue #5).

Lord Nightwalker 12-09-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseangelo (Post 556735)
Yes, he said so in a letters page in Vol. 4 (possibly #9). You can read Dave Sim's response to Peter's intent here.

This thread contains this "fun" discussion.

WOW. I'd never read that before. Major props for this thread, just for that little piece of info.

My Question, which Is one because I used to know the answer but can not seem to recall, is why did they choose Archie comics to do the TMNTA comic?

Lord Nightwalker 12-09-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 551442)
How did Nobody die in Vol 2?

Nobody was shot and killed during the rescue of Raph from the Area 51 esque research base.

Lord Nightwalker 12-09-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx (Post 566803)
In the lamest most half ass'd way I could think of.

He helps spring Raph from this military lab that was capturing aliens and experimenting on them. During the escape this giant Sarlacc rip off eats him. There's barely any mourning, their just like "Oh no" and then continue on and never talk about it. Really pissed me off. A main character like that just gets killed and they barely react to it.

I got a question since I don't feel like re-reading. Is the building the survivor we follow through out "City At War" is staying in re-built on top of the sex shop that got destroyed?

Damn...I need to read faster. Sorry for the double answer. My apologies Spitfire...

LEOTMNT 12-10-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseangelo (Post 576149)
There one in this lot currently on eBay.

Or you can buy it solo at Mile High Comics for a pretty good deal (it's issue #5).

nice man thanks a bunch, i went for the mile high comics route, hope their reliable! thanks again.

Revan 12-15-2007 10:26 PM

Who is Cerebrus trying to steal scrolls for?

Revan 12-19-2007 01:16 PM

anyone? issue 8. cerebrus is working for someone, who is it?

Andrew NDB 12-20-2007 11:09 PM

Quick question. The two 3 issue April O'Neil minis for Archie... are these the only two April series for Archie?

Andrew NDB 12-20-2007 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neutrino (Post 578969)
anyone? issue 8. cerebrus is working for someone, who is it?

Probably a question for a big Cerebus fan. Probably something directly tying into whatever he happened to have been doing in his own comic at the time.

Scandia 12-21-2007 05:57 AM

Andrew- Yes, those two would be the only two Archie mini series for April. Unless in the anthology specials she gets some stories featuring her.

yorae_dragon 12-27-2007 06:01 AM

hello!! Im from argentina, and i cant get almost any of the first volumes issues... My only hope is to get the scans. Is there a place or a site where i can get them??

PAAATE 12-27-2007 06:44 AM

First of all - I'm pretty sure there are other ways for you to get the comics...

And second... Those sorts of requests are not allowed here...

Andrew NDB 12-27-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorae_dragon (Post 580451)
hello!! Im from argentina, and i cant get almost any of the first volumes issues... My only hope is to get the scans.

Bullsh*t. Both www.mycomicshop.com and www.milehighcomics.com ship to Argentina at a modest fee, others as well I'm sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAAATE (Post 580453)
And second... Those sorts of requests are not allowed here...

And with good reason.

yorae_dragon 12-27-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 580487)
Bullsh*t. Both www.mycomicshop.com and www.milehighcomics.com ship to Argentina at a modest fee, others as well I'm sure.

And with good reason.

jejeje... sorry, I read the forum rules and didnt find anything about it... I know is ilegal, but the shiping to argentina isnt a modest fee with the actual dollar/peso exchange, and the price of each issue goes up of the 10 dollars withs this... Is way out of my budget... I try to buy editions that are imported here, but those doesnt come very often, and usually stops after a few numbers... understand a desperate turtle fan...

thank you paaate... XD

Andrew NDB 12-28-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorae_dragon (Post 580514)
jejeje... sorry, I read the forum rules and didnt find anything about it... I know is ilegal, but the shiping to argentina isnt a modest fee with the actual dollar/peso exchange, and the price of each issue goes up of the 10 dollars withs this... Is way out of my budget... I try to buy editions that are imported here, but those doesnt come very often, and usually stops after a few numbers... understand a desperate turtle fan...

thank you paaate... XD

Where do you live in Argentina, anyway? I have a friend that lives in Mendoza and his comic store is able to get him pretty much anything he wants. And in Buenos Aires there are hundreds of comics stores.

yorae_dragon 01-03-2008 06:22 AM

well, Im from Buenos Aires, and its posbile that a comics store could get me some issues... the problem is the money exchange, the dollar is at 3,5 pesos, more or less, so each issue of tmnt becomes really expensive, and imagine the entire collection... I would have to sell a kidney... XD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 580727)
And in Buenos Aires there are hundreds of comics stores.

no hundreds, but there are some...

NoPressApril 01-04-2008 01:54 PM

I have a couple of questions Rose. My local comic store has the original issue#2 for 75.00 and #4 for 55.00 are those good deals? I know nothing about the comics and want to read them. Is April in issue 2 and 4? Thanks for any help.:)

Kendamu 01-07-2008 11:26 PM

I got my Vol. 1 #4 on eBay for like $25 or something at the most and it's in damn good condition. Either I got lucky or that guy's trying to shank your wallet.

Roseangelo 01-08-2008 02:16 AM

Yeah, I agree. I'd keep watch on eBay for a better deal.

And if you just want to read the stories, they're both on NinjaTurtles.com. :)

Chris 01-08-2008 04:27 PM

Rose, I saw your scan of the new Vol. 1 #8 from a link in another thread. I didn't realise this had come out (hadn't even heard about it since Peter mentioned he was doing it).

I was just wondering where the picture came from as I've never heard of this being released yet!

Thanks!