The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Your religious views and positions on matters such as God and the meaning of life? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56105)

FredWolfLeonardo 08-05-2016 01:42 PM

Your religious views and positions on matters such as God and the meaning of life?

Before I speak, I just wanna clear up, I do not intend for this to turn into a flame thread and I only want people to respectfully communicate their views on the matter and if replying to someone else, please don't attack them, just politely state why you agree or disagree with them and move on.

Anyhow, what are your views on these matters? Do you think God and religion are important or unimportant in society today? Are God and religion compatible with science? Should Church be seperate from state? Comment your thoughts down below, I hope there are some interesting discussions :)

Candy Kappa 08-05-2016 01:48 PM

Religion and politics are no no on the 'Drome.

FredWolfLeonardo 08-05-2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1610682)
Religion and politics are no no on the 'Drome.

I find that to be a bit of a shame, and I think that if people would treat others with respect in these discussions, these topics would've not been banned.

Candy Kappa 08-05-2016 01:58 PM

But we don't. The 'Drome is a cesspool of assholes, these threads are just gasoline on the fire.

We should have learned by now with The Volanic Asteroid.

snake 08-05-2016 02:04 PM

Nope, not doing this. Politics is bad enough, but religion always resorts to name calling and insulting around here

plastroncafe 08-05-2016 02:13 PM

Around here?
Try everywhere.

People are jerks about religion everywhere.
Fanboys will ultimately ruin that which they love, regardless of what it is they love.

snake 08-05-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1610690)
Around here?
Try everywhere.

People are jerks about religion everywhere. Fanboys will ultimately ruin that which they love, regardless of what it is they love.

With the same hatred and sh*t flinging as the Internet? I like to believe people are a little more held back irl

Are you seriously turning this into another fanboy thing? C'mon. We get it, you hate manchildren.

Candy Kappa 08-05-2016 02:16 PM

I've met Internet-level of hate in real-life when it comes to religious discussion.

plastroncafe 08-05-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1610691)
With the same hatred and sh*t flinging as the Internet? I like to believe people are a little more held back irl

Are you seriously turning this into another fanboy thing? C'mon. We get it, you hate manchildren.

I'm a fanboy.
Fanboy has nothing to do with gender.

And yeah, people are just as unhinged and hate filled wrt religion in meatspace as they are online.

snake 08-05-2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1610693)
I've met Internet-level of hate in real-life when it comes to religious discussion.

I'm around religious people a lot so maybe that's why I wouldn't hear it, but wow. That sucks.

Man, I must live in the nicest community

Prowler 08-05-2016 02:20 PM

I don't care about religion. It has never been part of my life. I'm not even baptised since my parents are both Agnostic/Atheist.

I don't believe in any Gods and don't think life has really any meaning. Death? I view it is an eternal sleep with no dreaming, which seems kinda boring.

I wish a place like Valhalla was real, however. Would actually make me look forward to death.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1610697)
I'm around religious people a lot so maybe that's why I wouldn't hear it, but wow. That sucks.

She must be really unlucky to run into religious douche bags in Norway of all places.

plastroncafe 08-05-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1610697)

Toe the line and you'll be fine.
Cross it, and you may need to duck and cover.

Prowler 08-05-2016 02:24 PM

I don't recall the last time someone asked me anything religion related. No one cares, I guess.

It's funny how here Brazilian immigrants brought some crazy protestant sects such as Evangelicla and 7 Day Adventist churches. It seems the people who join them are all Brazilian or Africans. Sometimes, as in once a year or so, I'll see Mormons trying to talk to people... and no one gives them any time :lol:

snake 08-05-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1610698)
I don't care about religion. It has never been part of my life. I'm not even baptised since my parents are both Agnostic/Atheist.

I don't believe in any Gods and don't think life has really any meaning. Death? I view it is an eternal sleep with no dreaming, which seems kinda boring.

I wish a place like Valhalla was real, however. Would actually make me look forward to death.

She must be really unlucky to run into religious douche bags in Norway of all places.

It's both sides of the spectrum really. I've seen more assholes that are anti-religion online than religious ones. It's like what Cure said, tolerance is key. You just gotta realize people are gonna think what they want.

Prowler 08-05-2016 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1610702)
It's both sides of the spectrum really. I've seen more assholes that are anti-religion online than religious ones. It's like what Cure said, tolerance is key. You just gotta realize people are gonna think what they want.

The douchy online Atheists I see are mostly american. Same for the religious ones. Americans just tend to be loud and vocal about themselves, it seems. The Americas as a whole seem to be more religious than Europe. I mean, you'll find many religious people in Europe, but not on a level as big as you see in places like Brazil and the USA. Here people are usually just religious out of tradition and don't feel like proving it to others.

snake 08-05-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1610705)
The douchy online Atheists I see are mostly american. Same for the religious ones. Americans just tend to be loud and vocal about themselves, it seems. The Americas as a whole seem to be more religious than Europe. I mean, you'll find many religious people in Europe, but not on a level as big as you see in places like Brazil and the USA. Here people are usually just religious out of tradition and don't feel like proving it to others.

America is a huge pot of asshole. Gotta love it. :lol:

Prowler 08-05-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1610708)
America is a huge pot of asshole. Gotta love it.

Well, at least you're self-aware :)

CyberCubed 08-05-2016 02:30 PM

I have no interest in religion whatsoever

Prowler 08-05-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1610711)
I have no interest in religion whatsoever

Good. Imagine if you were as passionate about religion as you are about the TMNT and Pokémon. Scary sight...

CyberCubed 08-05-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1610714)
Good. Imagine if you were as passionate about religion as you are about the TMNT and Pokémon. Scary sight...

Religious zealots are the worst thing in the world, even worse than political zealots.