The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   ASMR 'head orgasms' TMNT. Kind of weird?? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57785)

TurtleWA 04-17-2017 05:14 PM

ASMR 'head orgasms' TMNT. Kind of weird??

So I just stumbled across these on youtube. Also found an article about it with a google search. Thought I would share.
Three links below.
The article uses the term 'head orgasms' it's not my phrase. Thoughts?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...ence-behind-it

IndigoErth 04-17-2017 07:19 PM

Whispering and molesting the TMNT book. ...wuuuut. Yeah, that doesn't do anything for me. Other than weird me out a little. (Maybe if it was a guy doing that. lol)

This is... interesting? That whole whispering and light touching thing though makes me think there is an early childhood connection, the way a parent might be trying to get an infant or young child to go to sleep and hardwired itself into some kind of brain response.

I'm not an RPer so maybe I just don't get it, but one sided RP seems a bit odd to me. I mean, it's creative, but... I dunno.

No "head orgasm," just annoyance at having to turn the volume up all the way and not knowing if they're going to start yelling or something at some point. :trazz: Straining to hear it is more likely to give me a headache instead.

TurtleWA 04-17-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1677438)
Whispering and molesting the TMNT book. ...wuuuut. Yeah, that doesn't do anything for me. Other than weird me out a little. (Maybe if it was a guy doing that. lol)

This is... interesting? That whole whispering and light touching thing though makes me think there is an early childhood connection, the way a parent might be trying to get an infant or young child to go to sleep and hardwired itself into some kind of brain response.

I'm not an RPer so maybe I just don't get it, but one sided RP seems a bit odd to me. I mean, it's creative, but... I dunno.

No "head orgasm," just annoyance at having to turn the volume up all the way and not knowing if they're going to start yelling or something at some point. :trazz: Straining to hear it is more likely to give me a headache instead.

Yeah I could barely hear it while viewing on my phone. Had to turn it off about a min in bc it was just not my cup of tea. I guess some folks dig it though. Headache indeed, I think I've see everything now. Well maybe not.

pferreira 04-20-2017 08:27 AM

There are people who do this type of work on YouTube. It's sensory relaxation for people who either suffer from stress or suffer from a mental disorder like autism. Never seen it linked to Turtles before.

Gin Rummy 04-20-2017 11:21 PM

I really dig ASMR. It helps me with my anxiety. I started watching this stuff a few years ago. You can find ASMR vids of just about anything.

LilithMV 04-21-2017 05:06 AM

ASMR can be great when you need to relax. I sometimes listen to different ASMR videos on Youtube when I need to stress down.

TurtleWA 04-21-2017 10:01 AM

I didn't realize it was so popular. I use to meditate quite often to relieve stress. Using CDs to guide the meditation and focusing on chakras. I suppose some could think that strange.

Its cool there is another option out there for stress/anxiety relief because most people need to try a couple things and what works for one person may not work for another.

snake 04-21-2017 02:28 PM

ASMR sh*t is pretty weird. Tried it once. It annoys me more than it relaxes me.

Andrew NDB 04-21-2017 02:39 PM

White folks is crazy.

neatoman 04-21-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1678335)
White folks is crazy.

What... Uh... What are you then? I always assumed the guy the photo was you... Or maybe it's Johnny Depp in make up, that guy must be the wet dream come true of make up artists.

Andrew NDB 04-21-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1678346)
What... Uh... What are you then?

Eh, only half.

IndigoErth 04-21-2017 05:07 PM

Even if someone identifies as white, there's no harm in acceptance. :lol: (Of said craziness.)

neatoman 04-21-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1678365)
Even if someone identifies as white, there's no harm in acceptance. :lol: (Of said craziness.)

Racial identitity is a rather weird concept when you get right down to it... A lot of drawing lines in the sand there.

Netkeeper 04-21-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1678333)
ASMR sh*t is pretty weird. Tried it once. It annoys me more than it relaxes me.

Yeah, ASMR videos make me anxious. Why the **** are they whispering and why do people think that's relaxing, it's creepy.

pferreira 04-27-2017 12:45 PM

Someone did a video on YT that was the complete opposite of ASMR and a ASMR YouTuber in the comments thought it was terrific. :lol: