The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Official 2014 Review Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48565)

Andrew Farago 07-31-2014 01:02 AM

Official 2014 Review Thread

Just got back from an advance screening and had a great time!

Like most fans, I went in with pretty low expectations, since I'm not really a Michael Bay guy, and the designs and trailers had me skeptical.

That being said, finally getting an extended look at the Turtles in action, I warmed up to the designs a lot more than I thought I would.

The tone of the movie was pretty close to the first live action movie, maybe a little bit lighter, though. There were some funny bits, and the fight scenes were the best we've seen in a Turtles movie.

I don't want to get any more in depth than that for now, since I don't want to spoil anything, but I had fun and I'd definitely recommend it. And even though I'm not a Michael Bay guy, I *am* a Will Arnett guy, and will watch him in just about anything. It was fun seeing him in action, and Megan Fox and Whoopi Goldberg gave great performances, too.

And I don't know if there are any people who watch The View on the Technodrome Forums, but I heard that Megan Fox will be on the show Tuesday promoting the movie (Whoopi's one of the hosts, not coincidentally).

Jester 07-31-2014 11:25 PM

Official 2014 Review Thread

Please start posting reviews here. Please keep discussion to a minimum, just post your thoughts on the film.

zkarlette 08-01-2014 08:53 AM

Putting aside all the things that we had already established were wrong with the film, it turned out to be pretty entertaining. I will see it again when it comes out.

MastahShredder 08-01-2014 05:51 PM

A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 08-01-2014 08:05 PM

I couldn't watch the first video...the kid is just flat horrible at reviewing. Maybe he should stick to gaming

MastahShredder 08-01-2014 08:17 PM

I was disappointed with both of them to be honest. Second one is better.

A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 08-01-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MastahShredder (Post 1319327)
I was disappointed with both of them to be honest. Second one is better.

I got distracted during the second one and didn't finish it

OrangeNinja1987 08-02-2014 10:55 AM

I liked the second review. Definitely got me even more excited, seeing that it was "near perfect". I can't wait to see it.
But no matter how good the movie is, it won't stop those stupid purist "fans" from ranting about it being slightly different even years from now. People can forgive someone for being wrong, but it takes a lot more character to forgive them for being right. 8)

TigerClaw 08-02-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeNinja1987 (Post 1319693)
I liked the second review. Definitely got me even more excited, seeing that it was "near perfect". I can't wait to see it.
But no matter how good the movie is, it won't stop those stupid purist "fans" from ranting about it being slightly different even years from now. People can forgive someone for being wrong, but it takes a lot more character to forgive them for being right. 8)

Yeah, You can say the same about the Nick series, There are those who don't like it, Because it stays a lot away from the original series, Yet it borrows some of its elements. With this new film, Its no different.

We live in a world right now, In which the Nick TMNT sets a new standard, The Kids of this generation will look at this, as there definitive version of TMNT.

Same for the new film, If it becomes a hit, We will see more TMNT films in that universe, for the next couple of years.

plastroncafe 08-02-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

the_moviebob: Everyone congratulate M. Night Shayamalan for no longer having made the worst movie tie-in to a Nickelodeon cartoon.
Via Twitter

Xiewin 08-02-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Same for the new film, If it becomes a hit, We will see more TMNT films in that universe, for the next couple of years.
I really hope so.

Candy Kappa 08-02-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1319704)

Ouch... :lol:

DioLeo451 08-02-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Well Damn dude

The Boston Ninja Turtle 08-02-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

haha :lol::tlol:

Xiewin 08-02-2014 11:36 AM

I don't see what the big deal is, he didn't like it and so what???

The Boston Ninja Turtle 08-02-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiewin (Post 1319731)
I don't see what the big deal is, he didn't like it and so what???

Last Air Bender directed by M'night

is held as the worst movie adaptation based of a Nicktoon of all time...Turtles seem to follow that path

M'night changed things for the sake of change,and to make it closer to his veiws and yea

TurtleMaster4 08-02-2014 11:40 AM

Not a big fan of swear words or sex jokes, judging by the trailer I am sure there will be some, without spoiling the movie, how much of should we expect? 10 or more? 20 or more? I just want to know in advance to be prepared.

Xiewin 08-02-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle (Post 1319734)
Last Air Bender is held as the worst movie adaptation based of a Nicktoon of all time...Turtles seem to follow that path

Lol I know that I've seen that garbage, but who expected everyone to like this movie?? I don't see how the turtles are following that path of terribleness...

Puddinpop 08-02-2014 11:52 AM

That guy has been apart of the " hate " crew for months now. Doesn't surprise me lol.
Sounds like a gleeful over reaction that wont mean much in the next few days :wink:

Bry 08-02-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

http://media1.giphy.com/media/onf5HfQFGBiN2/giphy.gif

I mean, regardless of what side of the fence you're on about this movie... you've gotta admit, that was a good burn.