The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NECA has a game changing jaw dropper SDCC exclusive for 2018 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59611)

xZAOx 02-17-2018 08:20 PM

NECA has a game changing jaw dropper SDCC exclusive for 2018

Their words, not mine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQRTtka40mI&t=11m32s

No hints given - what do people think it'll be?

dragonside 02-17-2018 08:36 PM

you're killin' me here man

thefont9 02-17-2018 08:45 PM

I feel like it has to be either the henson turtles in 5-6 inch scale, or another wave of fred wolf (splinter, casey, april, rocksteady, bebop, etc). what else could there possibly be that's as good?

xZAOx 02-17-2018 08:49 PM

I really hope that whatever it is, it's not yet another set of the turtles in another style.

Flesh out one of the existing lines - Mirage or Cartoon preferred.

The way he was hyping it though - just more characters doesn't make sense to me. But you know what WOULD be jaw dropping and game changing?

THE TECHNODROME. It'd also go with the Dimension X set. Built in repaint for cartoon and video game styled.

So yeah, that's my guess. Technodrome.

oldmanwinters 02-17-2018 09:22 PM

I saw the city sidewalk diorama. Looks pretty cool, if a little generic. Looking forward to seeing the official unveiling.

leolao 02-17-2018 09:37 PM

I really want a Casey and Rat King figures or a NECA Turtle Van vehicle could be cool too.

Antnee13420 02-17-2018 10:08 PM

I’m predicting a double exclusive tmnt realrase. The dimension x figure we saw last year and the 4th they acknowledged last year. Also an expansion on the Fred Wolf series. I’d like to see splinter, April, bebop, and rocksteady. In a perfect world tho for me at least we will get a reveal of 1/4 scale Casey Jones and, Tasu.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 02-18-2018 05:59 AM

Casey Jones is a no brainer. The bat has already been sculpted for Raphael, and the mask could be scaled down to fit over Elias's face. I am guessing Shredder's face mask will be removable as well.

SS Kakarot 02-18-2018 08:37 AM

Whatever it is, I hope it will be less expensive than last year's set.
I doubt it though. :lol:

theassassin 02-18-2018 10:44 AM

While I don't care how they are released, if we DON'T get Original Toon style Splinter, April, Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang in Android body, NECA will have pissed me off just as much as Playmates and Tamashii Nations.

We need ALL the core characters from the cartoon AT LEAST and it's so frustrating no company can seemingly commit to doing this. And ideally it would be nice to see more than just the core characters.

I Crave Pizza No More 02-18-2018 11:33 AM

I'm sure it will be cool, but to call a toy a "game-changer" seems silly. Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it.

RaphaelinSTL 02-18-2018 12:13 PM

I have a feeling it’s going to be a continuation of the 1987 SDCC set from last year with Splinter, Rocksteady, Bebop and maybe additional characters. That doesn’t feel very game changer when I think about it, so I wonder what else it could possibly be.

AquaParade 02-18-2018 08:02 PM

“Game changer” makes me imagine it’s something large. I’d love something like a “City at War” box set or Return to New York with a Zog figure or whatever else, but not holding my breath, whatsoever, for that.

My guess is a turtle blimp, van, or technodrome.

xZAOx 02-18-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1747246)
“Game changer” makes me imagine it’s something large. I’d love something like a “City at War” box set or Return to New York with a Zog figure or whatever else, but not holding my breath, whatsoever, for that.

My guess is a turtle blimp, van, or technodrome.

Or a sewer playset.

I'm still gonna stick with Technodrome for now, but yeah, I really feel it has to be a vehicle or playset. Can't just be more characters.

Toitlefan 02-18-2018 11:42 PM

My guess is also the Technodrome although they’d have to make it in the pixelated style (based on the dimension X villain set release) and that seems risky.
My only other guess would be a full scale wearable turtle mask or Shredder helmet. Or maybe a Shredder helmet was already in the works, I can’t remember.

Rat_King 02-19-2018 09:02 AM

Have they already said who the fourth character is in the Dimension X Villains pack? I’m assuming Krang in android body?

Keep in mind he says “another” jaw dropper/game changer so I’d just expect either more characters we haven’t had before or characters represented like we haven’t had before.

plastroncafe 02-19-2018 09:04 AM

Not even a likely option, but man...would I like a Splinter retrospective.

Panther10 02-19-2018 09:20 AM

I agree with some of the posters above that calling this wave a "game changer" indicates that it is huge news that they are about to deliver. (E.g. something we haven't seen before in the 7" scale.) So to release more Arcade, Mirage or OT turtles wouldn't qualify because that ground has been broken by Neca already. My guess is that we will see the Archie Comics turtles, the 1990 movie turtles or the turtles from the 2k3 series. And if they are not going with a particular iteration of the turtles, its something in the same vain as this diorama they showed off. Perhaps a vehicle or a specific landmark from one of the shows?

xZAOx 02-19-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rat_King (Post 1747307)
Have they already said who the fourth character is in the Dimension X Villains pack? I’m assuming Krang in android body?

I don't think they've said, but that was always my guess.

Coro 02-19-2018 09:54 AM

I am expecting it to be a super shredder in 1/4 scale and it will be a convention exclusive.

I also like the idea I heard about there being a 1:1 prop replica of the Shredder mask from 1990 movie-that would be cool