The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How excited are you for Rise of the TMNT (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59713)

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-19-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfan (Post 1752091)
Sure he didn't want to see it go, it was his favourite thing and it goes from the stores as well no more new eps. Still, he'll likely like the new show, just not liking the look of them as much, or the leader change, but I think kids may get used to that faster.

Meanwhile, you can always show him the MWS and 4 Kids series.

newfan 03-19-2018 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1752098)
Meanwhile, you can always show him the MWS and 4 Kids series.

Yeah I started already, as I've been exploring other versions too, just need to pick that back up again.
Anyway, threads derailing a little, sorry guys.... back to being excited... or not :)

CyberCubed 03-19-2018 11:36 AM

When I was a kid I loved watching reruns of shows over and over. Kids tend to like watching their favorite episodes over and over again, or a series in general.

It's how I memorized most of my childhood cartoons so well, I used to just rewatch them over and over again when I was like 7-13 year old non-stop. lol.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-19-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1752141)
When I was a kid I loved watching reruns of shows over and over. Kids tend to like watching their favorite episodes over and over again, or a series in general.

It's how I memorized most of my childhood cartoons so well, I used to just rewatch them over and over again when I was like 7-13 year old non-stop. lol.

I would do that sometimes, but I'm sure I wouldn't do it with better access to other series I like.

shredder orokusaki 03-19-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfan (Post 1752102)
Yeah I started already, as I've been exploring other versions too, just need to pick that back up again.
Anyway, threads derailing a little, sorry guys.... back to being excited... or not :)

Is he currently watching the 2003 or the 1987 series? Show him the 2003 first because it is the most serious one where i did terrible things like cutting Stockman body piece by piece until he was just a brain in jar connected to a machine that keep him alive, burning April's home e.t.c.!

Vicky82 03-19-2018 12:34 PM

I'm optimistic. I'm getting used to the designs, i'm not bothered about Raph being the oldest and the leader.

I'm not bothered about the Turtles being different species, they are still brothers just not by blood unless they were human before they were mutated. (Me and my sister are adopted so we arn't related by blood but we are still sisters, So I don't see any problem with the Turtles being different species)

I have few concerns, i'm not too keen on the 11 min episodes and not keen on that's it's a lot more kid friendly than the last show.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-19-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1752157)
I'm not bothered about the Turtles being different species

I don't think fans in general are bothered by that.

Vicky82 03-19-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1752164)
I don't think fans in general are bothered by that.

Well Twitter fans and some Tumblr fans are :ohwell:

newfan 03-19-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki (Post 1752156)
Is he currently watching the 2003 or the 1987 series? Show him the 2003 first because it is the most serious one where i did terrible things like cutting Stockman body piece by piece until he was just a brain in jar connected to a machine that keep him alive, burning April's home e.t.c.!

Watched the start of both, he took to 2k3 more quickly... that's pretty harsh for a kids show btw :lol: Won't likely get that in this one.

FredWolfLeonardo 03-19-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1752173)
Well Twitter fans and some Tumblr fans are :ohwell:

Initially, I thought the rage was exaggerated but man are the casuals on twitter/tumblr/facebook going all out on this show.

shuriken 03-19-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1751862)
0 or 1. And that's OK. This show isn't even in the same stratosphere of being for me.

I'll probably watch the first episode then just occasionally see what you guys are saying about future eps when I'm bored.

Yeah I feel the same *as I listen to this is not for you by Pearl Jam*
0- completely indifferent

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-20-2018 03:38 PM

I hope we'll at least wait for some episodes before turtles find mystic weapons, and put their ordinary aside.

Chris 03-30-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1752157)
I have few concerns, i'm not too keen on the 11 min episodes and not keen on that's it's a lot more kid friendly than the last show.

I totally missed that they would be 11 minute episodes! Dies this mean we're only getting 26 x 11 minutes for season 1 or 26 x double 11 minutes eps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1752187)
Initially, I thought the rage was exaggerated but man are the casuals on twitter/tumblr/facebook going all out on this show.

That seems to be a big thing with social media at the moment. Everything is either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever, there doesn't seem to be s middle ground, everything just polarises so quickly. And with today's expectation of more instant gratification fewer people seem willing to just wait and see before making a snap judgement.

TMNT is cooler than MOTU 04-02-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo_thebest (Post 1751747)
If it looked more like PApagreg's signature, I would be.
That's slick man.

This would have been great.

Wow, that clip is stunning! This is exactly the type of thing that would get me excited for a new series.

IndigoErth 04-02-2018 04:48 PM

Me too. It's so pretty. That level of detail just doesn't exist in so many of today's cartoons, which is a shame. :ohwell: (All about producing them as cheaply as possible these days, I suppose.)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.