The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Sears and Kmarts closing; lots of Turtles stuff being liquidated (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58464)

LuckyLadybug 08-01-2017 04:31 AM

Sears and Kmarts closing; lots of Turtles stuff being liquidated

It occurred to me I should pop in and make sure everyone's aware that a lot of Sears and K-Marts are closing again. At least around here, they have lots of Turtles merchandise, both for Nick and Classic shows. Anyone with a Sears or a K-Mart might want to see if theirs is on the closing list and if so, if there's any good Turtles deals to be had! I've definitely found some at mine.

Zachatello00 08-01-2017 07:34 AM

Man, when our Kmart closed about 7 or 8 years ago, I got a bunch of the re-issued classic figures for $2.00 a piece. Definitely worth looking into.

IndigoErth 08-01-2017 09:51 AM

Only closing one I've been to, early last month, was a Kmart in Elkton, MD, which unfortunately really didn't have all that much TMNT stuff. A little bit of kids clothes, a couple of shirts in mens (bought one), and toys were limited. So if you're near that one... don't expect a lot.

Note, to my knowledge Sears in DE so far are doing okay. So if you call and ask me when we are liquidating and/or closing, I will not be happy with you... :tconfuse::trazz: (Some lady called and asked me that last fall, claiming we were supposedly closing this past March. Clearly she was wrong, but I worried for a while. No one needs undue stress over job security...)

ColinStein 08-01-2017 10:11 AM

I have 3 Sears in OKC. I might go out of my way to check it out. Hope it's a good find!

oldmanwinters 08-01-2017 12:16 PM

I've never had much luck with K-mart closing clearance sales. The prices are usually discounted by about 30% as they wind down inventory, which actually prices the stuff at a comparable rate to what Wal-Mart or Target would have them at without a clearance sale. :tlol:

DestronMirage22 08-01-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1703707)
I've never had much luck with K-mart closing clearance sales. The prices are usually discounted by about 30% as they wind down inventory, which actually prices the stuff at a comparable rate to what Wal-Mart or Target would have them at without a clearance sale. :tlol:

I have the exact same problem here.
It's no wonder why they're closing with prices like that. :roll:

DarkFell 08-01-2017 02:17 PM

I'm not sure if we even have any Sears stores in my area anymore, but we definitely lost our Kmart stores due to both H-E-B and Wal-Mart getting more customers.

Thanks for the tip-off anyway.

CyberCubed 08-01-2017 02:38 PM

People still shop in K-mart and Sears in the modern year of 2017? I didn't know we were in the year 1995.

Powder 08-01-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1703707)

That has been my experience too. & Lord knows ain't nobody wanna pay more than the lowest retail price for Playmates toys. :tlol:

Barring the recent SDCC Usagi bonanza, that is.

EddieNES 08-01-2017 04:11 PM

Same in PA. Found an 11" Space Leo in the clearance at Kmart once. Picked it excited because these had been out of stores for awhile. Turned it over and the clearance price was $26.99.

LuckyLadybug 08-02-2017 03:11 AM

LOL. Yeah, K-Mart is pretty ridiculous on toy prices. (They decided to clearance Baxter's Mutation Lab for $14. WTH ... that's the normal retail price in Wal-Mart and ShopKo!) But when the clearance goes past 30%, sometimes you can get good buys. With K-Mart and Sears, usually I have more luck with non-toy merchandise, though: shirts, socks, hats, etc. And it's stuff I haven't seen at other stores. But I actually have got some good toys there on clearance prices, so as the liquidation prices increase, even some Turtles toys may become worthwhile.

Of course, for any K-Mart or Sears location, best to find out if they're closing before you make a long trip out there! Current closing lists are online, so you don't have to scare any employees calling them up to ask if the store is closing. :)

wpugh2424 08-02-2017 09:43 AM

My Kmart doesn't have jack

TheCanadiandrome 08-02-2017 04:24 PM

I was only ever able to get anything TMNT related through the Sears Wishbook, as the physical store never sold toys of any kind