The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Ep Discussion: "Aliens Among Us" (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=14071)

Machias Banshee 11-11-2005 09:18 PM

New Ep Discussion: "Aliens Among Us"

Greetings all! With the re-opening of the Drome, I bring thee a new Teaser for the Ep tomorrow!

Ok, so.... the boys have certainly had an interesting time since they've gotten home from the whole battle in Exodus. Earth, normalcy (kinda), humans, sewer sweet sewer, no more bad stuff to happen, right?

Pff.. no matter how much some of us like the homey family aspect of the Clan, it don't A blockbuster make.

Veteran's Day Weekend. Time to reflect and look to the future. time to be thankful and time for parades! that IS why the President's going through New York City right? Or is he checking out reconstruction progress? Well, whatever reason it is, The president's doing a drivethrough of the city.

Which means Security up the Wazoo and out your ears! Cops, secret service, the Dudes in Black! Maybe they'll have a cameo of Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones? ;) :P

Speeeaking of which.. THAT department, where Agent Bishop is head? Maybe they decided to take a vacation at the Wrong time? Or perhaps on strike? We saw the row between the Prez and Bishop (THAT had to burn his britches :evilgrin: ).

Is it going to be up to the boys to stop Another Alien attack? Or is it REALLY an alien attack? What's to say this isn't something conjured up by Bishop? Perhaps this is Bishop's way of saying, "Without us, you are DEAD."

So.... How is THIS going to affect situations? I mean... this is what.. the third alien invasion or something to hit the planet? And WHY always New York? Does ANYone have a theory about this?

DON'T YOU THINK I HAVE ENOUGH QUESTIONS IN THIS POST ALREADY?!

STAY TUNED!!!

Machias Banshee 11-12-2005 09:01 AM

Dude, we're open! :D Next week's preview was just..... MUAHAHAHAHAAAA...! :lol:

Katie 11-12-2005 09:11 AM

poor Bishop. He has to create fake aliens to keep his funding.

and what about HIS decomposing body. I guess if you have been around as long as he has you are bound to go through a few of those. No matter. Maybe he needs to try and get a new brain this time. Few glitches in the works if you ask me.

More fun and games with Leo. He wasn't too sure about playing hide and seek with the secret service. And the thought of Raph being a secret service agent...oh man......

Too bad the president got things all wrong. Wonder how Splinter's gonna punish them for THIS slip up?????

Toonami Tom 11-12-2005 09:21 AM

This was a pretty good episode! I like Baxter's new exosuit with all the legs. I wonder whats going on with Bishop with the sudden bulge in his hand and head...... Maybe he's fixing to turn into a Hulk like creature if he gets too angry? Bishop's tech suit was really awesome with the machine gun wrist.:D

Edit: I wanted to add that Bishop is now very much like Shredder in a way. He has Baxter working for him, and now he has a "battle suit" kind of like how Saki had his Shredder armor.

Machias Banshee 11-12-2005 09:33 AM

*sings* Secret... Agent Man! :D Raph as a secret agent would be hilarious.

Today's ep was great. I KNEW that the invasion was fake. I love it when I'm SO right ON. :D

I liked Bishop's walls of specimens. You could see and point out a lot of the aliens we've seen through the seasons.

That....wriggling...in his arm and face was interesting. It kinda reminded me of the movie Princess Mononoke, where the young prince's arm was injured by the demon and would do that weird wriggling. :blanksta:

The conversations among the four boys was great. Leo doesn't *sound* like he's got something in his throat anymore. He's still.. intense, but he doesnt sound as aggressive. Then again, I laughed my tail off after seeing the preview for next week. :evilgrin:

The Zit-eans, as I fondly call the fake aliens, were funky looking. The fact that they bloated up and exploded all over the boys made them even less intimidating. But as they showed at the end of the ep, that slime going into the sewers? WHAT is that gonna do? I just hope its not some sort of 'mutating' substance... or DE-mutating.. :o

Money money money.... it was All over money. Ya know, I woulda THOUGHT that with the Prez laying right NEXT to the turtles, he coulda heard some of what they were saying.. oyvey. Well, least we know Bishop's going to be around for a while..

As Katie said, I can just imagine what Splinter's going to do once he sees this new slip-up with the boys being portrayed as the aliens that attacked the president. Looks like they weren't being 'stealthy' enough in their 'exercise'. He's not gonna let them out of the lair ever again.. :lol:

Katie 11-12-2005 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
Ya know, I woulda THOUGHT that with the Prez laying right NEXT to the turtles, he coulda heard some of what they were saying.. oyvey. Well, least we know Bishop's going to be around for a while..

I though that too. He was looking right at them! I was like, you dumb... Listen to what they are saying!

After last week it was like part of that nightmare came true! Their picture is all across the airwaves and print media!

Mobius One 11-12-2005 09:49 AM

Wait...I missed like the first 15 minutes...so what the hell happened? What was with Bishops decomposition and all that? Pretty solid episode Id say..at least the last 15 minutes of it.

Husk 11-12-2005 09:52 AM

My mind went to Bad Day as well at the end of the ep. I liked this episode but it wasn't one of my favs. I LOVE Bishop, but I'm not as into aliens. The prez bothered me. I don't really know why, he just did. \

The coming up next week looks to be interesting. I can see it playing out great, but at the same time if it's written badly... I'm gonna leave it up to fait.

Katie 11-12-2005 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemoGoblin87
Wait...I missed like the first 15 minutes...so what the hell happened? What was with Bishops decomposition and all that? Pretty solid episode Id say..at least the last 15 minutes of it.

He was kind of pulsating and throbbing...Stockman made the comment that the aliens weren't the only things decomposing early...plus we saw him at the roswell landing...the same apparent age as he is now...and that was almost sixty years ago. (not to mention all the shots of him last season in the 1800's)

edit: OHHHHHHHHHHHHH and how about the goopy stuff going into the sewer is probably gonna be the junk that turns Donnie into Gamera!!

Masked Ninja 11-12-2005 10:37 AM

I love how this show can take something as cheesy as "another alien invasion" and put it into the story and
1) it makes sense in the story
2) it's not as cheesy as it first seems

That said, a lot of interesting things brought up in this episode. Bishop's appearance in previous time periods was weird before, but now we see his veins (or something) going haywire, and a direct comment from Stockman on "early decomposition." Hm... Perhaps Bishop is one of those freaky people who is sustaining himself with his experiments, and things are slowly falling apart? (Or at least they do until he finds a way to patch up the problem temporarily)

Interesting also how the Turtles got publicity as they did in "Bad Day"... not as obvious, but there is an artist rendering. Geez, Splinter's gonna kill them for this. Or at least confine them to the lair in a major "told ya so," sensei-style. As far as human attempts to depict the Turtles... I wonder where the heck they keep getting those fangs?! :P

Obviously the goop running into the sewers is setting up for something, with the dramatic close-up and background music :D It could very well be leading up to Gamera-Don. But... if that's the alien goop (and it's surely what it looks like), remember they were all covered with it two separate times in this episode. So what? Does it require prolonged exposure? Are they gonna conveniently forget? Does the goop react with sewer water to make a Gamera Generator of Death? Or will it affect the guys in a totally different way? I guess only time will tell.

Can't wait for next week! :D

LUCKFF 11-12-2005 11:26 AM

THE EPISODE WAS GOOD, BUT SURELY NOT MEMORABLE. THE ANIMATION HAS BEEN BETTER. I DONT LIKE BISHOPS NEW OUTFIT, I THINK HE'S SERIOUSLY GOING CRAZY. I CAN LIVE WITHOUT SEEING THESE ALIENS AGAIN.

I LIKE HOW THEY EXPLAINED THE CRASH IN ROSWELL AS AN EARTH ATTACK ON AN ALIEN SPACESHIP. ITS COOL TO SEE DIFFERENT TWIST AND "WHAT IFS" IN CERTAIN STORIES. JUST LIKE WE SAW IN "THE DARKNESS WITHIN" THAT PUT A TWIST ON THE REASON WHY DUTCH SETTLERS MIGRATED TO THE AMERICAS.

LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING IS HAPPENING WITH BISHOP PHYSICALLY. COULD HE BE EXPERIMENTING WITH HIMSELF? WELL SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY UP WITH HIS RIGHT HAND. LOOKS LIKE WE GET AN EXPLANATION TO HIS RED RIGHT HAND ON HIS 2006 TOY. (BISHOP) I WAS ITCHING FOR A SHOWDOWN BETWEEN BISHOP AND THE TURTLES. THEIR BATTLES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MEMORABLE.

I WONDER WHATS GONNA HAPPEN WITH THE ALIEN BLOOD THAT DRIPPED IN THE SEWERS.

Mr. Stay Puft 11-12-2005 12:04 PM

Is it me, or does the artists rendering of the turtles look very similar to the turtles in Leatherhead's nightmare in last season's "Hunted"?

J Legault 11-12-2005 12:07 PM

I knew this epsiode wouldn't involve random aliens trying to take over.

But man Bishop is one Son of a B*tch in setting up a fake invasion and making the President think the Turtles are the aliens.

The best part of the episode is when Mieky quoted Dr. Peter Vekmman from Ghostbusters. "He Slimed me!", that was priceless.

I liked how they showed a flashback of the mysterious 1947 UFO siting. Course we already know Bishop is not human since he's been around the days of the Civil War and he survived that hook in "Bishop's Gambit".

Too bad our boys didn't got any hero credit for saving the president, course then it would be like in the old school cartoon where they get known to the public. Now they're being known to the public after mistaken for aliens.

I give this a 5/5. I enjoy seeing the TMNT beat up Bishop. looks like next weeks episode has to do with Leo's new Attitude.

Masked Ninja 11-12-2005 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUCKFF
THE EPISODE WAS GOOD, BUT SURELY NOT MEMORABLE. THE ANIMATION HAS BEEN BETTER.

I agree with you. While I loved all the little tidbits they put in the story, I didn't come out of this going "Wow!" like I did for, say, "Grudge Match" or "I, Monster." There wasn't as much fighting, and when there was, it was pretty standard. Not bad, but standard.

Though one thing I liked was this one shot where you could see Leo in the background climbing down the fire escape. They could have just put him with the others, and I appreciated the detail.

Some of the line deliveries could have been better. Like Raph's invasion quote in the poll. It was funny, but not delivered well, I thought.

So a solid episode, but not the best so far. Not a big deal.

Kali 11-12-2005 12:21 PM

I really liked this ep. Now that Bishop has got (relatively) unlimited resources and the whole city (country?) is out for the Turtles, I can’t wait to see where they take this. I also wonder what’s up with Bishop, and I vote for genetic manipulations falling apart. There are only so many times you can “fix” something before it starts coming apart at the seams. Between him and Karai, the Turtles really aren’t getting any rest.

And I really loved some of the one-liners, most of them coming from Raph. Loved his alien invasion line. And now I have the urge to dress him up Bond style. :lol:

Raph's Girl 11-12-2005 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH and how about the goopy stuff going into the sewer is probably gonna be the junk that turns Donnie into Gamera!!

Yea.. I was thinking that too...so this ep might lead up to the Gameradon ep!

As for this ep... we learned a few things about Bishop:

1: He was responsible for the Roswell crash (poor Asgard).
2: His HQ is Area 51 (wonder if he's met anybody from SG1??? :P)
3: His body is decomposing, which is the effects of living so long. This is somewhat similar to the crogmagnon man villian in DC comics named Vandal Savage. He's lived so long that every once in a while his body starts to decompose so he uses his descendents for body parts. Im sure that's the real reason Bishop has clones...for body parts... :P

As for the president... aww man...the turtles never get a break. Now Mr. President (what the shell is his name anyways?!) is on their arses.

Did ya notice the artist rendering of the turtles??? They were all wearing red masks. :lol:

I wonder tho... with the president after them does Raph still wanna be a secret service agent??? :P

As for next week... dang...not even Klunk can get Leo in a good mood! :ohwell:

creativerealms82 11-12-2005 12:42 PM

Intersting how Bad Day foreshadowed some actual events such as the Turtles becoming public. Sure it's a coincident story wise but still interesting.

Can't wait to get home and watch his episode, sign I wish my VCR was not so poor, I doubt I even get color.

somebody 11-12-2005 01:11 PM

the show was good :)
bishop's like everywhere now.. in bad day, this one, dragon's brew, and..yeah.
and sorry to bishop-likers, but i don't like him. he's just :x

TerranigmaFreak 11-12-2005 01:16 PM

This episode ended up being much more interesting than I thought. I was expecting another boring alien invasion type thing but has a nice twist.

Does anyone think that Zog is still alive and is probably one of the Tricertons in Bishop's lab?

And what's up with next week's episode? I have no clue what it's about.

Doppleganger 11-12-2005 01:38 PM

A nice episode not as good as "Bad Day" and "Dragon's Brew" but still memorable. :) I felt sorry for all those poor aliens floating in those tanks (even the Triceratons). That's horrible what Bishops's doing. I hope later on the turtles will be able to rescue them. And then tricking the president so he can get more funding. :x I hope Donatello analyzes that goop and sends the results to the President or something because Bishop needs to be found out. He is...evil.

Poor guys this is one of the few times they lose. And Leonardo's right they don't know what's going on here or how high the stakes are...