The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TMNT: Danger of the Ooze PS3/360/3DS (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49058)

Mellie 09-05-2014 01:31 PM

Possibly a TMNT metroidvania game? Oh hell yes. I can't wait!

Ninjinister 09-05-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1345497)
I'm with you man, this game has peaked my interest. I take it so far it hasn't been announced for PS4?

Only the three platforms in the topic's subject.

RaphaelinSTL 09-05-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1345537)
Only the three platforms in the topic's subject.

Herpa derpa. I should've clarified and asked if there were any future plans for PS4.

Ninjinister 09-05-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1345555)
Herpa derpa. I should've clarified and asked if there were any future plans for PS4.

The answer is the same. If you don't see it there, nobody outside of WayForward and Activision know about anything further.

Ecto Jedi 09-05-2014 11:37 PM

Hmm...Intriguing. Most intriguing.

It looks good, if it's fun and challenging enough to appeal to the over-10 crowd. But what's all this hubbub about "Wayforward"? Who are they? What have they made?

Jester 09-05-2014 11:41 PM

Nick based:

Powder 09-05-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecto Jedi (Post 1345738)
But what's all this hubbub about "Wayforward"? Who are they? What have they made?

They've made a bunch of awesome games that Google would be happy to tell you about. :)

(They're known for dope ass retro styled platformers in the 3DS e-shop, these days.)

raph27 09-06-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1345749)
They've made a bunch of awesome games that Google would be happy to tell you about. :)

(They're known for dope ass retro styled platformers in the 3DS e-shop, these days.)

So...I'm guessing this one will actually be good?

slingtheory 09-06-2014 09:08 AM

I feel like I've heard of wayforward before. Didn't they do the ducktales remake?

Seedkiller 09-06-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome (Post 1345829)
So...I'm guessing this one will actually be good?

Judging from past experiences,......probably not. The lack of advertising makes an answer more apparent. But who knows, I could be wrong............but I don't think so

chrisdude 09-06-2014 11:08 AM

They did the Regular Show 3DS game. Which I still haven't beaten, cause it's effing hard.

This is kinda the last type of game you'd need to advertise. It's like how the cartoon gets tiny volume releases with no HD. They'll make enough sales purely because kids see it on the shelf. Adults who care will find out on their own.

Seedkiller 09-06-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdude (Post 1345878)
They did the Regular Show 3DS game. Which I still haven't beaten, cause it's effing hard.

This is kinda the last type of game you'd need to advertise. It's like how the cartoon gets tiny volume releases with no HD. They'll make enough sales purely because kids see it on the shelf. Adults who care will find out on their own.

When they don't advertise, they usually suck. Look at the last one that came out.

shihe 09-06-2014 02:08 PM

Wayforward:
-Shantae franchise
-Mighty Switch Force
-Ducktales Remastered
-Bloodrayne Origins

All I know from what I've played is, whatever they touch, is gameplay gold.

Ninjinister 09-06-2014 02:12 PM

Yeah, they're actually my favorite developer and I don't think I've played anything of theirs that I didn't like (then again, their most maligned games like those recent Cartoon Network ones, I never had interest in anyway).

prophecy718 09-06-2014 02:26 PM

Although I have a ps3 and 360...I rather get this game for the ps4

So I'm hoping they release it for the ps4

fridaynightdestination 09-06-2014 07:16 PM

I'd get this game on day one if wasn't coming out on the same day as Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed Rouge.

hitmonkey 09-06-2014 07:55 PM

This is being developed by the team who did Ducktales? SOLD.

sdp 09-06-2014 08:40 PM

I can confirm wayforward is a great developer, and they usually make amazing games, they do have a few stinkers though. They are the only good news to this announcement, other than that this looks like a pretty rushed game and not a lot of information about it.

How many games has Activision done since they got the license? I read this is their third 3DS game, I didn't even know about the first one and the movie game I just found out by chance when browsing the eshop, I never read anything about it online. Activision seems to be treating the franchise worse than Ubisoft did. And I only write seems since I haven't played any of the Activision games but based on fan reaction its pretty much fact.

hitmonkey 09-07-2014 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1346093)
I can confirm wayforward is a great developer, and they usually make amazing games, they do have a few stinkers though. They are the only good news to this announcement, other than that this looks like a pretty rushed game and not a lot of information about it.

How many games has Activision done since they got the license? I read this is their third 3DS game, I didn't even know about the first one and the movie game I just found out by chance when browsing the eshop, I never read anything about it online. Activision seems to be treating the franchise worse than Ubisoft did. And I only write seems since I haven't played any of the Activision games but based on fan reaction its pretty much fact.

The sad thing is that Out of the Shadows plays like a beta version of a game that would be really good if polished. I think they just set a release date and held to it despite needing more development time, and the game suffered.

Ninjinister 09-07-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitmonkey (Post 1346190)
The sad thing is that Out of the Shadows plays like a beta version of a game that would be really good if polished. I think they just set a release date and held to it despite needing more development time, and the game suffered.

I don't think that excuse can be used. They had almost a full year to tweak the PS3 version and it ended up being exactly the same.