The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   May 2018 Solicitations (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59626)

AlZarkovski 02-21-2018 08:33 AM

May 2018 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #82

Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Dave Wachter (a & c) • Kevin Eastman (c)

“Kingdom of Rats,” Part 2. Rat King’s sinister influence spreads, and New York City’s most vulnerable are at risk! The Turtles search out the Rat King’s family in a desperate attempt to find a way to stop him!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Dives deep into the most mysterious characters in the TMNT universe!
Variant cover by Will Robson!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #22

Paul Allor (w) • Mark Torres (a & c) • Freddie Williams II (c)

Can Donatello mediate a truce between the Utroms and the Triceratons, or will fanatics on both sides cause a deadly derailment? The fate of alien life on Earth hangs in the balance!

FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Establishes a new status quo that will influence events on the road to TMNT #100!
Variant cover by Fico Ossio!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Urban Legends #1

Gary Carlson (w) • Frank Fosco (a & c)

This is it, fans! You demanded it, and IDW Publishing listened! The entire Image Comics TMNT run (a.k.a TMNT Volume 3) reproduced for the first time ever in full, four-color glory! Join creators Gary Carlson and Frank Fosco as they take the Heroes in a Half-Shell on some of their most amazing and dangerous and bizarre adventures ever… culminating in three brand-new issues by Carlson and Fosco to properly close out this long-beloved storyline at last!

In this premiere issue, the TMNT and Master Splinter are attacked in their lair by a group of cyborgs led by the female ninja called Pimiko. Before the attack is over, one family member will fall… and one will be lost! Don’t miss your chance to get in on the ground floor of the entire TMNT Image experience!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The entire TMNT Volume 3 run— all 23 issues—reprinted in full color for the first time!

Culminates in three brand-new issues (#24-26), written and drawn by original creators Gary Carlson and Frank Fosco, completing the entire tale at last!

Colors by IDW TMNT veteran Adam Guzowski (TMNT Color Classics)!
Featuring new cover art by Frank Fosco and TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman!

funatic 02-21-2018 09:07 AM

Well it looks like the Urban Legends B covers will just be the reprinted Image covers... Are the new covers and colorization worth double-dipping for?... Or do I just wait til 2020 for the new issues? CHOICES.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 02-21-2018 09:10 AM

Cool, cool...

But man. 2 years to wait till we get to #24-26 for Image TMNT. I was hoping for bimonthly releases, but if only #1 is solicited for May... welp. :tsad:

DrSpengler 02-21-2018 09:20 AM

IDW's monthly rerelease of The Maxx: Maxximized was the same deal. They redid the colors and the lettering and then reissued the old comic on a monthly basis until they ran out of issues. I purchased each one to show my support for The Maxx and to get the brand new Cover As (Cover Bs were all the original covers). There was only a new back-up in the first issue and no new content after that beyond the Cover As and the re-colors.

With Maxximized, the only drag was that the letterer wasn't very good and there were a number of new errors that weren't in the original issues; speech bubbles missing tails, typos, speech bubbles attributed to the wrong character so now conversations made no sense, etc. Here's hoping Urban Legends takes a little more care, if they're relettering the art as well. I'll pick it up monthly for the new Cover As, mostly, and to show my support on the long road to the new issues.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 02-21-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpengler (Post 1747806)
IDW's monthly rerelease of The Maxx: Maxximized was the same deal. They redid the colors and the lettering and then reissued the old comic on a monthly basis until they ran out of issues. I purchased each one to show my support for The Maxx and to get the brand new Cover As (Cover Bs were all the original covers). There was only a new back-up in the first issue and no new content after that beyond the Cover As and the re-colors.

With Maxximized, the only drag was that the letterer wasn't very good and there were a number of new errors that weren't in the original issues; speech bubbles missing tails, typos, speech bubbles attributed to the wrong character so now conversations made no sense, etc. Here's hoping Urban Legends takes a little more care, if they're relettering the art as well. I'll pick it up monthly for the new Cover As, mostly, and to show my support on the long road to the new issues.

I'm just hoping the coloring is okay... if there is ONE thing wrong with IDW Mirage reprints and collections, it's been the coloring. :tgrumble:

Sabacooza 02-21-2018 10:36 AM

Cool. They're using the Fosco cover I colored.

neatoman 02-21-2018 10:43 AM

Is that an Utrom being hatched?

AquaParade 02-21-2018 10:54 AM

I'm excited to see the Eastman covers! Hope that's not a mistake, because they aren't showing any for the first issue.

Also, didn't "Scorpion Studios" color the Color Classics? Looks like they are referencing the gentleman who did the color classics, but I don't remember seeing his name on them.

It may be a small thing, but the solicit excites me in the way it carries itself as catering to fans. Exciting times ahead?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 02-21-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1747824)

Pretty sure it's a seed starting to germinate.

Maybe the Utroms are starting to grow pinkbonnets on Burnow Island?

CyberCubed 02-21-2018 11:26 AM

Looks like the main series is gearing up to wrap up some storylines and head to the main ones as we're inching closer to the big 100 finale. I expect IDW to go on for a long time, but I'll view issue 100 as the "series finale" for now. I expect as big a conclusion as #50 had.

Universe seems to be wrapping up the aftermath of the Triceraton invasion too which is good.

Utrommaniac 02-21-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1747824)

It seems to me that Utroms give live birth, from social clues and it just makes more sense.

I have to admit, as corny as it is on the cover (which is corny as a whole with everything being over layed in an Utrom silhouette), I couldn't help but say a little "aww" at the seed growing.
Obviously the island's plant life would have struggled because of the Technodrome, but it's suggesting recovery.

Maybe even suggesting that things might end a little bit better, it's a pretty optimistic cover compared to the first.

CyberCubed 02-21-2018 07:12 PM

It seems like Toad Baron is going to continue to get the most focus of the "newer" introduced Patheon members. Kitsune of course has gotten the most screentime, then Rat King, and we've seen a little of Aka. But Toad Baron seems to be getting the next most if this cover is any indication.

I wonder if the others will ever get any major showcasing? Jaguar, Gothano, Mammoth? We've only just barely been introduced to them. I wonder if there's time to flesh them out before issue 100.

MikeandRaph87 02-21-2018 08:20 PM

So could Toad Baron be good instead of neutral leaning evil? It is strange for the TMNT to appeal to him. Perhaps it is because he is the only one who they currently know the location of. Aka is roving as is Rat King. Kitsune not longer has a set base of operations. The others are unknown.

Utrommaniac 02-21-2018 08:29 PM

I think he's more of a "true neutral". He's happy with the way things are and his siblings' activities are proving that they could get in the way of the life he's comfortable with. So if he wants to make things stay the way he likes them, I think he'd ally with the turtles if that's what it takes.

ProphetofGanja 02-21-2018 08:42 PM

Some very interesting stuff going on, I love it.

I'm really curious as to how the aftermath of the battle with the Triceratons will be handled and how much the world at large will be aware of. Is the entire population of earth going to learn that aliens* invaded, engaged in some skirmishes and ultimately became refugees on an island in the middle of the Atlantic? Will people also learn about the Utroms, who caused all this mess, or the four mutant turtles who tried to keep the peace? We comic readers know that the Turtles have been involved in some really Big Things but the general public has never been aware of them, either because those events were part of the criminal underworld or extraterrestrial/interdimensional affairs, far removed from the public eye. Is there any precedent in previous TMNT comics for the general population becoming aware of the Turtles' role in global affairs?

Also, man we've had a lot of TMNTU issues about Triceratons, that's gotta be a record. I am curious as to what kind of status quo will be set up but I also want to see what's going on in other corners of the IDW Turtleverse soon

*I say aliens when really the Triceratons aren't but it's probably still okay to refer to them that way

Utrommaniac 02-21-2018 08:54 PM

I'm just wondering who the genius was who decided the Triceratons should live on Burnow. Probably Zenter...

There are other uninhabited islands that could contain life. We have vast swathes of deserts that Triceratons could live on quite comfortably and maybe even improve on to be better for them and humans - which could be good for improving the human-Triceraton relations. If they gotta live on an island for isolation, the Pacific Ocean is constantly brewing new habitable islands they could hop onto. Think of the space from everyone! And the science!

I think the entire world population is going to learn aliens invaded New York at some point, especially with the video footage being so incredibly obvious.

There is something interesting I've noticed though:
Donatello is the only one of the turtles who knows about Ch'rell and I doubt he filled in his brothers on what Fugitiod and Ma'riell have told him. Probably because there were other things going on and it wasn't top-priority information. Michelangelo probably just knows him as Ma'riell's colonel brother who's never got taken out of stasis for some reason, but doesn't know his connection to Krang.

ChosenOne 02-22-2018 03:10 PM

Back when the Pantheon had their family reunion, I posited that - much like Aka - Toad Baron and a couple of the others would eventually come to tolerate, if not downright respect (lookin' at you, Jagwar) the Turtles and prefer to ally with them over Kitsune's plan. Seems like I wasn't too far off...

Regarding Universe, the Triceraton relocation to Burnow and now Donatello's role as a mediator between them and the Utroms, as well as its importance on the road to #100, makes me think that the Turtles will find themselves in need of an army of their allies in the near future. Who or what they'll be fighting, however, I can only speculate at this time.

Utrommaniac 02-22-2018 03:15 PM

That's a thought I've never really thought about.

But I still think, should it continue past #100, that any plans they have would fail hard...really, really hard.

Got everyone together only for sh*t to happen...kind of like the attempted attack on the Fire Nation during a solar eclipse in Avatar: The Last Airbender.

From the way things are being paced, there is no way #100 is the last issue.

neatoman 02-22-2018 03:27 PM

So if we're talking about a seed literally growing on Burnow Island, how does it grow? Is it the island's natural flora returning, flora native to Utrominon planted to help make a more habitable environment for the Utroms, a mutant plant or something else?

Utrommaniac 02-22-2018 03:32 PM

I think I'm going to go with "something else" or native Utrominion flora. But, I won't be surprised if it's native Burnow flora.

Don't need to bring back "Life Finds a Way" in a clip, but it still stands. It would be cool if that were the overall theme of that storyline...in spite of its name being "The Oncoming Doom"