The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ghostbuster Cast revealed for Reboot (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=50928)

Autbot_Benz 01-27-2015 05:52 PM

Ghostbuster Cast revealed for Reboot

Ghostbusters (Reboot) / 27 Jan 2015
Female Ghostbusters Cast Revealed: Wiig, McCarthy, McKinnon & Jones
Paul Feig is directing.

By Steve WattsSeveral well-known comedic actresses are said to be in negotiations for the new Ghostbusters movie.

Former and current SNL cast members Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones are all in early talks for the film, according to Variety. Earlier this week, director Paul Feig confirmed that Melissa McCarthy was in talks as well.

Sources reportedly claim Cecily Strong is likely to play a government official, similar to William Atherton's role in the first Ghostbusters film.

Feig himself tweeted this image today of his quartet of ghostbustin' leads:

Feig has said that the new movie will pay homage to the original, and acknowledge those stories. He's trying to steer clear of self-parody, and instead is hoping to bring the franchise into the "new generation."
From IGN.com
http://i60.tinypic.com/ilzyud.jpg

TurtleTitan97 01-27-2015 06:02 PM

I don't know what movie I'm looking forward to the least. This or The Not-So Fantastic Four film.

CyberCubed 01-27-2015 06:15 PM

I don't think I've ever been so appalled of the casting choices in a movie since we thought Eric Sachs was playing Shredder.

This is somehow even worse since at least Shredder was still Asian in the film.

NinjaPug 01-27-2015 06:26 PM

I think a Ghostbusters reboot is a really bad idea but I like this cast a lot better than the previously rumored folks like Seth Green and Jonah Hill.

ToTheNines 01-27-2015 06:35 PM

I never cared much when Murray was fiddle farting about doing it or not, and I really quit caring when Ramis went to the other side.

I wish they'd let it die. We got that awesome videogame and the spectacular IDW books. Those make up for the fact that we never got a real GB3, easily.

TheCanadiandrome 01-27-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1412487)
I never cared much when Murray was fiddle farting about doing it or not, and I really quit caring when Ramis went to the other side.

I wish they'd let it die. We got that awesome videogame and the spectacular IDW books. Those make up for the fact that we never got a real GB3, easily.

agreed 110% with ya

Bry 01-27-2015 06:54 PM

Having some present and past SNLers in the cast feels pretty right to me. But my main concern is that they're gonna be essentially playing female versions of the same characters. If you're gonna do something new with it... then do something new.

snake 01-27-2015 07:22 PM

Kill me. This reeks of bad ideas.

B-Man 01-27-2015 09:08 PM

Wiig is a legend. She'll be funny. Really irritated that McCarthy is onboard (which was pretty much a lock the second Feig was onboard). I don't find her funny at all & can't stand her loud & obnoxious schtick she's been forcing ever since Bridesmaids. As a Ghostbusters fanatic, I want this to be good. Please be good.

ProactiveMan 01-27-2015 09:13 PM

I'll reserve judgement, but I'm relieved that he mentioned acknowledging the other movies. You can read into that a number of different ways, but I hope it means that they exist in the same continuity. There are so many simple ways to write a continuation of Ghostbusters, even with an entirely new cast, that a reboot just seems lazy and unsatisfying to me.

Powder 01-27-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1412480)
I don't think I've ever been so appalled of the casting choices in a movie since we thought Eric Sachs was playing Shredder.

This is somehow even worse since at least Shredder was still Asian in the film.

Agreed 100%. I also stand by what Tothenines said.

TonySiegel 01-27-2015 09:18 PM

where do I start?

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/d7/d739...e48eae42be.jpg

Wildcat 01-27-2015 10:27 PM

Ever since the all female rumor started last year people have been complaining (for lack of a better word). Imdb has been flooded with basically spam at this point. I got into a couple of ridiculous discussions. The same old shtick.

There's literally the same complaints for every new sequel or big name movie. "[Insert Name] is too new, never gonna work, all cgi, bad cast etc." The typical naysayer stuff. I know not everyone is like this though. Just one side of field. A lot of people still want another GB and don't mind a female team.

I for one love the idea. Seeing a female take on it sounds cool to me. I'd prefer a sequel too so I'm glad to hear it will acknowledge the first 2. I hope it's finally happening because it's been on/off for so long. So many supposed ideas and dates have been given out over the years.

I absolutely HATE when people say let it die. I've heard this even before Ramis passed away. Ooh its impossible to make a good update cause Hollwood sucks now, right?... :roll: please.

Peanut 01-27-2015 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat (Post 1412613)
A lot of people still want another GB and don't mind a female team.

I for one love the idea. Seeing a female take on it sounds cool to me.

I think you're confusing people caring about them being female to people dreading, day f*cking ONE, that Feig directing would lead to having to deal with McCarthy's tired act sh*tting up the movie. There's a reason Tammy tanked and it's because no one wants to see that trash anymore.

I was absolutely in love with the idea of a female Ghostbusters team from the beginning, but I was also equally as worried she'd be in it playing her part from Bridesmaids. Again.

We can only hope if she's 100% locked for this movie that she isn't written as a loud mouth slob.

Wildcat 01-27-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut (Post 1412622)
I think you're confusing people caring about them being female to people dreading, day f*cking ONE, that Feig directing would lead to having to deal with McCarthy's tired act sh*tting up the movie. There's a reason Tammy tanked and it's because no one wants to see that trash anymore.

I was absolutely in love with the idea of a female Ghostbusters team from the beginning, but I was also equally as worried she'd be in it playing her part from Bridesmaids. Again.

We can only hope if she's 100% locked for this movie that she isn't written as a loud mouth slob.

I understand people complaining about McCarthy. I probably would have picked different girls but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. It comes down to the script and how they're written.

McCarthy doesn't play a slob on Mike and Molly. Not one of my favorite shows. Only seen a few episodes but she can play a non-slob.

Still regardless of the choices a lot of people have been complaining just for the all female idea alone. They've been complaining about a new team in general. Way before any of this.

Purse Grabbin Puke 01-27-2015 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bry (Post 1412492)
Having some present and past SNLers in the cast feels pretty right to me. But my main concern is that they're gonna be essentially playing female versions of the same characters. If you're gonna do something new with it... then do something new.

They won't be playing female versions of the original characters. This will be a completely original concept aside from the fact they're Ghostbusters.

If I'd have to guess based on the director, I'd say he's smart enough to capture the essence of the original in the fact that all the Ghostbusters were just caricatures of the actor playing them. I for one cannot wait to see Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones in this. They will steal this movie I'm guaranteeing it right now.

Roseangelo 01-27-2015 11:43 PM

This is so much bad. So. Much. Bad.

TheBlueTurtle1 01-28-2015 12:27 AM

Why they can't just leave things alone..... Sick of all these stupid reboots. Ill give this a big miss.

Memphis 01-28-2015 02:13 AM

I hope I die before this and fantastic four release... But after Avengers.

TheSkeletonMan939 01-28-2015 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke (Post 1412631)
They won't be playing female versions of the original characters. This will be a completely original concept aside from the fact they're Ghostbusters.

Bry wasn't saying that. He was concerned that they would just be original characters, but have the same basic traits as the original Ghostbusters.

This is going to be a box office bomb of legendary proportions. I don't think anyone is at all interested in a Ghostbusters movie without Bill Murray (or any of the original cast, for that matter).