The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Star Wars Episode 8 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54544)

TigerClaw 02-15-2016 12:44 PM

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
 
Star Wars Episode 8 has officially started filming, so I thought I make this thread for all discussion about Episode 8, whether its photos and BTS videos from the filming.
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wa...inkId=21276843



Benicio Del Toro, Laura Dern and Kelly Marie Tran have been cast, I'm curious what type of role would fit Benicio Del Toro, he could either be a First Order officer or a member of the resistance, the same for Laura Dern and Kelly Marie Tran

AT-Man 02-15-2016 01:45 PM

What if Del Toro is the Collector? Shared universe hype!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 02-15-2016 01:52 PM

Give Peter Quill a lightsaber and I'm all in. :tlol:

CyberCubed 02-15-2016 02:00 PM

I'm saying it now, Luke will die in this movie and come back as a Force Ghost in Episode 9. Everyone remember this post now in Feb. 2016....2 years from now in late 2017 you will see that I am very right.

Star Wars has turned into Hamlet, King Lear, and Romeo and Juliet. All the main characters die. Its so sad. All the prequel characters HAD to die because that's where the story went, but now we know all the original characters will die too. I'm willing to bet Leia will be the only one to survive the new trilogy.

MikeandRaph87 02-15-2016 02:00 PM

It will not happen but it is legal to have Mickey Mouse, Spider-Man, and Buzz Lightyear face Darth Vadar in a movie since they are all under the same umbrella of ownership.

Leo656 02-15-2016 02:01 PM

It was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. They're all dead, you lunatic. Quit whining.

AT-Man 02-15-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1550447)
I'm willing to bet Leia will be the only one to survive the new trilogy.

My money's on Chewbacca.

TigerClaw 02-19-2016 10:02 PM

Star Wars Episode 8 has a working title...
https://twitter.com/carrieffisher/st...31677312548864

Space Bear Episode 8

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cbl_t4bUAAAc0ue.jpg

snake 02-19-2016 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1550447)
I'm saying it now, Luke will die in this movie and come back as a Force Ghost in Episode 9. Everyone remember this post now in Feb. 2016....2 years from now in late 2017 you will see that I am very right.

Star Wars has turned into Hamlet, King Lear, and Romeo and Juliet. All the main characters die. Its so sad. All the prequel characters HAD to die because that's where the story went, but now we know all the original characters will die too. I'm willing to bet Leia will be the only one to survive the new trilogy.

Leia may very well be the only character to survive. The only problem is keeping Carrie Fisher alive.

CyberCubed 02-20-2016 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1551950)
Leia may very well be the only character to survive. The only problem is keeping Carrie Fisher alive.

She's only 60 years old. By the time Episode 9 comes out she'll only be around 65. Barring anything like cancer she'll survive the new trilogy.

Amaranthus 02-20-2016 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1551961)
She's only 60 years old. By the time Episode 9 comes out she'll only be around 65. Barring anything like cancer she'll survive the new trilogy.

Holy sh*t you guys are talking about people like they're tools you need to work long enough for you to complete your task.

ProactiveMan 02-20-2016 07:49 AM

Laura Dern!? Excellent. Now they just need Kyle MacLachlan and we're one step closer to David Lynch's Return of the Jedi.

Zak The Neutrino 02-22-2016 09:47 AM

As excited as I am for this movie shouldn't we be talking Rogue One right now? :D

Is there a thread for that yet?

Raph's Girl 02-22-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino (Post 1552413)
As excited as I am for this movie shouldn't we be talking Rogue One right now? :D

Is there a thread for that yet?

No thread. Don't even know the fricken plot yet and there hasn't been any trailers either. All I know is it's out in December.

TigerClaw 02-22-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raph's Girl (Post 1552533)
No thread. Don't even know the fricken plot yet and there hasn't been any trailers either. All I know is it's out in December.

Consider it done.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54588

TigerClaw 02-24-2016 04:29 PM

Mark Hamill posted this on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/st...37179470438400

EXCLUSIVE 1st LOOK #EP8-Exotic Alien Creature to terrorize...oh no wait-that's just my daughter's dog #Whoops #MyBad

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cb_p1zhWwAANZ8_.jpg

NinjaPug 03-13-2016 07:38 AM

Some set photos from the Croatia shoot.


CyberCubed 03-13-2016 12:27 PM

How did they manage to shoot in Croatia? The government allowed them in that foreign land?

Mayhem 03-14-2016 02:52 AM

You'd be surprised... there aren't enough locations here with "classic" or "period" looking buildings at times, so quite a few UK dramas may do bits of exterior filming in Croatia or Bulgaria as a result.

ObiWanFan4life 03-14-2016 04:37 AM

As always, it's refreshing to see real practical effects in these movies, especially that photo of Rey riding that antelope looking thing.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.