The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Questions/Comments/Suggestions (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Announcement] Mobile Forum Style (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=50810)

Krang 04-08-2012 12:28 AM

Mobile Forum Style

I just installed the mobile style for the forums. You can use this link to switch to it. If you want to switch back, there is a "Default Style" link in the top right corner.

Please let me know what you think, and if there are no problems, I can look into adding the JavaScript that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

GK Punk 04-08-2012 12:52 AM

looks good, thanks!

chrisdude 05-10-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krang (Post 933558)
I just installed the mobile style for the forums. You can use this link to switch to it. If you want to switch back, there is a "Default Style" link in the top right corner.

Please let me know what you think, and if there are no problems, I can look into adding the JavaScript that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Sweet!
Thank goodness a google search lead me to this post.

(Thinly-veiled bump, because I don't think people really know about this.)

Fang Wolf 05-10-2014 02:19 PM

Good Idea! Will this work out to Tablets too?

Whatswiththeheadbands? 05-10-2014 02:53 PM

Nice! This seems like a very good idea. I'm so going to do this.

Thanks Krang:D

Krang 05-15-2014 02:43 PM

Thanks, everyone! Yes, this version will work on tablets, too. By the way, here's an easy to remember shortcut to the mobile version: m.tmnt.net

Cure 07-30-2014 05:11 PM

Maybe this thread can be stickied and changed to "Mobile Version, Homies! Click heeeeeeeeeeeereugh" or something? The mobile version is great but not a lot of people seem to know it's even there.

Donatello19 07-30-2014 05:16 PM

Yeah, I just found out about it now myself...hopefully it'll work decently on my phone.

Cure 01-15-2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1316973)
Maybe this thread can be stickied and changed to "Mobile Version, Homies! Click heeeeeeeeeeeereugh" or something? The mobile version is great but not a lot of people seem to know it's even there.

I still think this should be a thing.

Krang 01-16-2015 02:41 PM

Good idea! I split this discussion off to a separate announcement thread and stickied it.

Zulithe 01-16-2015 02:45 PM

Oooo the m.tmnt.net link is really helpful, I never knew about it before.

I visit the forums on my phone a lot when i'm on the train, so anything that can be done to improve the mobile experience is going to be a huge plus.

Krang 04-23-2015 02:51 PM

To pass Google's mobile-friendly test, I wrote some code to automatically redirect mobile devices to the mobile style. If you don't want to use it, you can click the "Default Style" link at the top, and you won't be redirected again.

In the future, I will work on modifying the mobile style to match our default one. Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the redirection.

ABrown 04-24-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krang (Post 1448031)
To pass Google's mobile-friendly test, I wrote some code to automatically redirect mobile devices to the mobile style. If you don't want to use it, you can click the "Default Style" link at the top, and you won't be redirected again.

And about 20 hours later, I read this post and realized that there isn't something wrong with the site. Oops.

Lethal Lullaby 04-28-2015 05:06 PM

So how do I view visitor messages in mobile mode? Also for idk what reason when I set it back to default and log in, it doesn't log me in. It just goes to the same screen I was viewing before and It doesn't have me logged in. So idk what the deal with that is.

Shiro Kame 04-28-2015 05:07 PM

It also did that on Google Chrome when it was in the small window.

Katie 04-29-2015 05:31 AM

I always browse from my iPhone so this is great. I went back and forth from mobile to standard with no problems.

Krang 05-15-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lethal Lullaby (Post 1450630)
So how do I view visitor messages in mobile mode? Also for idk what reason when I set it back to default and log in, it doesn't log me in. It just goes to the same screen I was viewing before and It doesn't have me logged in. So idk what the deal with that is.

Thanks for letting me know. When I have more time, I will look into these issues.

DarkFell 05-15-2015 02:31 PM

Thanks for even allowing us to be able to view the forum from our phones. I own a Motorola Android phone and I can use both settings, although I'm more used to using the default setting at the current moment. However, I will play with the mobile setting too.

The Turtle Terminator 01-12-2018 04:30 PM

I dunno if this is the right place to talk about This, but every time I go onto the forums on my phone it goes to the mobile style. Clicking the default style button takes me to the default style before going back to the mobile site about a second later

DarkFell 01-13-2018 07:23 PM

I used to have that issue. All I did to remedy that was bookmark the default site setting, and my phone remembered that setting. The only time it would switch over to the mobile setting was when I logged out of the forums.

Hope that helps.

I actually used both default and mobile settings, but got I used to the default setting as it was easier to read from my phone. :tconfuse: