The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Power Rangers - the appreciation and discussion thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=11959)

TheCanadiandrome 06-16-2012 05:35 PM

So much Power Ranger goodness!

Storm Eagle 06-21-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles (Post 955191)
Yeah I remember watching parts of Zeo and Turbo and the show just lost me. I don't mind it being left with them as kids in Season 3 or with the Alien Rangers if they include those ten episodes in Season 3. By that time for me it was time to end it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 955196)
Whilst I'm positive the Alien Rangers saga is on the third season set, I count them as being part of season four on my bootleg sets since they build it up so much, for me the third season ends with "The Sound of Discordia", which is really the last time the MMPR era nabs a proper victory, it's also more in keeping with how the other two seasons end on standalones.

I've replied to these posts before, but I'm doing it again since I something about Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers has been cleared up.

Many of the articles about this upcoming set mention MMAR apart from MMPR (specifically season 3). According to Brian Ward, DVD producer of Shout! Factory, he said that by Saban's PR bibles, MMAR is regarded as a "bridge" to season 4 (Zeo), and not so much the end of season 3 as a whole. So it's basically season 3.5. I guess that explains why MMAR has its own section apart from MMPR on Netflix, and why it wasn't part of the "145 Days of MMPR" which ran on powerrangers.com from September 8, 2010 to January 30, 2011.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles (Post 957136)
I'm hoping that Shout Factory will offer them separately like that. It just seems very familiar and like they did both Beast Wars and ReBoot. They both had individual releases and box-sets that looked just like these. I think I'll just wait and see if they offer them like this later on.

I thought I might just update you on the DVDs being sold at the Comic Con in July. Apparently it's just the MMPR set that they'll be selling. Maybe you can seek one out on eBay or something.

http://blog.samuraicast.com/shout-fa...ego-comic-con/

Darth Knuckles 06-22-2012 09:40 AM

Yeah thanks a lot for the update on this Storm Eagle! I figured they'd release this in some way just wish it wasn't at the San Diego Comic Con. I've had to get an item from the SDCC before so I guess I will be trolling eBay for it from the people who attend the event this year. Thanks for the heads up!

Storm Eagle 06-22-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles (Post 959941)
Yeah thanks a lot for the update on this Storm Eagle! I figured they'd release this in some way just wish it wasn't at the San Diego Comic Con. I've had to get an item from the SDCC before so I guess I will be trolling eBay for it from the people who attend the event this year. Thanks for the heads up!

I once snagged the DVD copy of "Day of the Dumpster" that someone seemingly scored at the SDCC back in 2010. Then I went and sold it once I learned that Shout! Factory would be putting out season sets.

ZariusTwo 06-22-2012 05:25 PM

So now the Halloween special "Party Monsters" is getting it's own unique release from Lionsgate, and two MMPR episodes will be part of the package. This makes me think ALL the "specials" will have their own DVD release packaged with other episodes ("Christmas Together, Friends Forever" packaged with "I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger" and "A Season to Remember" perhaps...or, and I hope not, "Alpha's Magical Christmas")

Wonder what they would package "Clash of the Red Rangers" with...maybe two bonus RPM episodes?

Storm Eagle 06-22-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 960106)
So now the Halloween special "Party Monsters" is getting it's own unique release from Lionsgate, and two MMPR episodes will be part of the package. This makes me think ALL the "specials" will have their own DVD release packaged with other episodes ("Christmas Together, Friends Forever" packaged with "I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger" and "A Season to Remember" perhaps...or, and I hope not, "Alpha's Magical Christmas")

Wonder what they would package "Clash of the Red Rangers" with...maybe two bonus RPM episodes?

I might have to keep "Monster Bash" in mind in case it's not on the complete set of PRS that Lionsgate has yet to release.

"I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger" and "A Season to Remember" would be ideal for a "Chirstmas Together, Friends Forever" DVD release as bonus episodes. I wouldn't want "Alpha's Magical Christmas" on it either, but it's not like I'd have to watch it if it did make it on there. Then again, it probably won't, since it's not a proper "episode".

Anyway, here's the news on the "Monster Bash" release for all to see.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pow...ter-Bash/17135

TheCanadiandrome 06-22-2012 09:53 PM

I want Forever Red on DVD

Storm Eagle 06-23-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian (Post 960181)
I want Forever Red on DVD.

They actually did release that on DVD, with a few other episodes on a DVD called The Best of Power Rangers: The Ultimate Rangers. It came out in April 2003, but I believe it's out of print.

Of course you'd want it on a complete Wild Force set though, right?

TheCanadiandrome 06-23-2012 08:40 PM

Hey dude I'd take either one I can get, I'm not picky

Storm Eagle 06-24-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian (Post 960484)
Hey dude I'd take either one I can get, I'm not picky

Well if you're still interested in the Best of Power Rangers DVD, and don't mind shopping on Amazon, then you can get used copies from sellers who are selling it for reasonable prices.

TheCanadiandrome 06-25-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 960604)
Well if you're still interested in the Best of Power Rangers DVD, and don't mind shopping on Amazon, then you can get used copies from sellers who are selling it for reasonable prices.

yeah i think i've seen it listed there. added to my wishlist

Hero 06-25-2012 12:55 PM

Best of Power Rangers is a decent little DVD package if you get one. They used to be quite common in bargain bins UK-side.

Storm Eagle 06-29-2012 05:15 PM

You guys should see the TimeLife page for the set. They've made some major adjustments. They even show box art and give episode descriptions, although a lot of the ones for the season 2 episodes aren't there. Some other things that need work are the fact that the Alien Rangers episodes aren't listed anywhere (but they WILL be included, so no doomsaying people), and they've got the PRLG episodes in the wrong order. Hopefully it all gets corrected, and that they'll list bonus material soon.

http://timelife.com/products/power-r...to-lost-galaxy

TheCanadiandrome 06-29-2012 09:41 PM

Good read there

ZariusTwo 07-03-2012 03:15 PM

An interesting synopsis for Megaforce from Barnes and Noble

Quote:

A comic reader based on the new Power Rangers season--which also happens to be the 20th anniversary of PR!

For centuries, groups of brave warriors known as Power Rangers have been called upon to protect our world from evil. Now, the future of humankind rests in the hands of a few ordinary teens with one extraordinary destiny.

The 20th Season of Power Rangers will include flashbacks, weapons, and characters from previous seasons, and promises to be the most exciting season yet!

TheCanadiandrome 07-03-2012 05:16 PM

Has me sold

ZariusTwo 07-05-2012 01:00 PM

Here's the confirmed list of special features that will be on the Shout! set

Quote:

1. Morphin Time! A Look Back At Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
2. A Morphenomenal Cast: A Look At Becoming A Power Ranger
3. Tales of the Giant Banana: A Look Back at Bulk & Skull
4. Behind the Mask: Celebrating the Stunt Team
5. The Fans Power Up
6. A Convention With Attitude: Power Morphicon
7. Lord Zedd's Monster Heads
8. Alpha's Magical Christmas
9. The Good, The Bad and the Stupid: The Misadventures of Bulk & Skull
10. The MMPR Fan Club Video
11. MMPR Karate Club: The White Ranger Kata
12. Power Rangers Live: The World Tour
13. The Lost Episode
14. Power Playback: Power Rangers Funniest Moments
15. It's Comin' ZEO Serial
16. Gold Lining ZEO Promo
17. Tanya's Stick Together Music Video

psych23232323 07-05-2012 05:47 PM

I'm not sure if this was posted yet or not so I apologize in advance if it was and for repeating it.

But NetFlix is showing the Power Rangers on NetFlix, their instant streaming service.

I think all are on there...I forgot if the Samurai one was (the Nickelodeon one) I remember seeing a special on there...but I do know all the older ones are.

I used to watch that show a lot, I didn't even know the original series used clips from the Japanese show XD.

Anyway, I liked it. As I got older, I kind of outgrew it.

I saw the Samurai one for a bit, just to see how it was, I was shocked that Bulk came back.

Then the Red Wild Force Ranger came back as a villain in this one (the actor playing a different character)...but I didn't see him in the credits anymore, so did he get killed off or something?

The sensei played the villain in Power Rangers SPD.

Did any other classic actors come back in this series reprising roles or playing different characters in the Nickelodeon one?

Storm Eagle 07-05-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psych23232323 (Post 964815)
I'm not sure if this was posted yet or not so I apologize in advance if it was and for repeating it.

But Netflix is showing the Power Rangers on Netflix, their instant streaming service.

I think all are on there...I forgot if the Samurai one was (the Nickelodeon one) I remember seeing a special on there...but I do know all the older ones are.

Then the Red Wild Force Ranger came back as a villain in this one (the actor playing a different character)...but I didn't see him in the credits anymore, so did he get killed off or something?

Did any other classic actors come back in this series reprising roles or playing different characters in the Nickelodeon one?

All of Power Rangers is on Netflix, with the exception of Super Samurai.

What episode are you watching that you don't see Deker in the opening credits anymore? He shows up in the opening credits of most of the episodes he's in, and he actually happens to still be at large.

As for returning cast members, Grant McFarland who played Sensei Kanoi Watanabe in Ninja Storm played a one-shot character in a PRS episode. Ari Boyland who played Flynn McAllistair/Ranger Blue in Power Rangers: R.P.M. didn't really make an appearance, but he voiced a monster in PRS. It's believed that Eka Darville also came back to reprise his role as Scott Truman/Ranger Red for "Clash of the Red Rangers", but only to provide the voice, as we didn't see him in civilian form. If it is Eka Darville, then he just went by a new name, Tobias Reiss.

psych23232323 07-05-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 964825)
All of Power Rangers is on Netflix, with the exception of Super Samurai.

What episode are you watching that you don't see Deker in the opening credits anymore? He shows up in the opening credits of most of the episodes he's in, and he actually happens to still be at large.

As for returning cast members, Grant McFarland who played Sensei Kanoi Watanabe in Ninja Storm played a one-shot character in a PRS episode. Ari Boyland who played Flynn McAllistair/Ranger Blue in Power Rangers: R.P.M. didn't really make an appearance, but he voiced a monster in PRS. It's believed that Eka Darville also came back to reprise his role as Scott Truman/Ranger Red for "Clash of the Red Rangers", but only to provide the voice, as we didn't see him in civilian form. If it is Eka Darville, then he just went by a new name, Tobias Reiss.

Oh...I guess it was an older episode, it was about a kid that was in baseball, a monster made a deal with him that was a lie...is that an old one?