The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   How shallow are you? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60479)

Prowler 09-17-2018 06:38 PM

How shallow are you?

Everyone is shallow to some degree, including myself. We all judge a book by its cover. Hence why we make an effort to look good enough and don't go around looking sloppy all the time.

Now, this isn't just about relationships and attraction to potential mates. Shallowness goes beyond that. It also has to do with judging people by their hobbies, the money they make, the job they have, their social status, etc.

I don't know or care how much money someone has or makes, nor would I ever ask that. I've had acquaintances and friends from all social classes except for the upper elites, since those people live in their own social circles and you don't just randomly meet them at average schools or job places.

As for relationships. Well I've mostly found myself attracted to regular girls in real life. They were usually cute but didn't have crazy bodies or anything like that. Plus, I think their personalities and the way they carried themselves is what truly made me feel attracted to them. I'm more picky about personality, I'd say.

This doesn't mean I'm not shallow at times and that I don't judge people before getting to know them better, mind you. I am shallow to a degree but try not to be. For example, I'm not attracted to fat women. In this case i'm not too different from most guys, I guess. Maybe if I was also fat I'd be into fat girls, who knows.

What about you?

Wildcat 09-18-2018 02:15 AM

I’ve always tried to be unbiased and I think I do a good job at it. In general I don’t care how people look or what they wear. Even if I run into someone rude I try to give it the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they’re just having a bad day or something or they just come off like that and it’s nothing personal.

Like you said though sometimes we are shallow. For relationships a personality in a girl is very important to me too but I also want them to be attractive. I have to personally find them pretty.

Ya that’s shallow but I think it’s worse to pretend to like someone in “that way”. Don’t lead them on just for the sake of not being shallow or for any reason.

Wesley 09-18-2018 02:16 PM

I try not to be shallow nowadays, but it can be hard sometimes. I think I’m better than I was years ago anyway.

Prowler 09-18-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat (Post 1776907)
I’ve always tried to be unbiased and I think I do a good job at it. In general I don’t care how people look or what they wear. Even if I run into someone rude I try to give it the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they’re just having a bad day or something or they just come off like that and it’s nothing personal.

Like you said though sometimes we are shallow. For relationships a personality in a girl is very important to me too but I also want them to be attractive. I have to personally find them pretty.

Ya that’s shallow but I think it’s worse to pretend to like someone in “that way”. Don’t lead them on just for the sake of not being shallow or for any reason.

Well, I've never heard anyone say "My bf/gf/husband/wife is ugly", so it's safe to assume everyone is physically attracted to their romantic partner. Some people are more attracted to certain types than others. There's women out there I don't get what the fuss is about but other guys go gaga for them, for example.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley (Post 1776969)
I try not to be shallow nowadays, but it can be hard sometimes. I think I’m better than I was years ago anyway.

Probably because you're getting older and care less what people think or do with their lives. People are a lot more shallow when they're very young.