The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   War with North Korea? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58667)

Andrew NDB 09-05-2017 11:49 AM

War with North Korea?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...w_2955366b.jpg

Do you think it is an inevitability at this point? Do you think we should keep at them diplomatically and talk some more, or is it time for Trump's "fire and fury"?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-05-2017 11:52 AM

We need our nations to bond. Preferably over our mutual love of Katy Perry. Pre-"Miley Cyrus Makeover" Katy, of course.

The Deadman 09-05-2017 11:53 AM

There's gonna come a time where one of those missiles he keeps shooting off is actually going to hit land, and the time for talking will be over.

IndigoErth 09-05-2017 12:34 PM

I can't even guess at this point. I feel like it's two childish men waving their you-know-whats around at each other while citizens on either side are caught in the middle and at the mercy of whatever these idiots end up doing, which is unfortunate.

I feel for the average citizens in that CULT of a country that they didn't ask to be born into, and probably don't want this nonsense anymore than most over here in this one.

Honestly, as much as little Kimmy (and his relatives before him) love to parade around those missiles and whatnot, it's a wonder no one in their country has, to our knowledge, tried to stage anything that would, I dunno...cause some to explode in an effort to free their country?

If it does result in war at some point, I hope the surrounding countries jump them faster than we even can. Take out that so-called leader, their military, and any possible successors from his family or others who that "goverment" would try to put in power. Spare the citizens and let them rebuild a new way of life.

Powder 09-05-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1711721)
If it does result in war at some point, I hope the surrounding countries jump them faster than we even can. Take out that so-called leader, their military, and any possible successors from his family or others who that "goverment" would try to put in power. Spare the citizens and let them rebuild a new way of life.

This.

My heart aches for those people, I hope that whatever happens will make it so they can finally know freedom & happiness.

snake 09-05-2017 05:05 PM

It's gonna be f*cking nuts if China invades.

Utrommaniac 09-05-2017 05:09 PM

Yeah, I'm also in the "take out the government" camp too. The civilians are suffering enough; they don't need to be caught in the crossfire of their "leaders" being taken down.

Andrew NDB 09-05-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1711786)
It's gonna be f*cking nuts if China invades.

Invades who? Us? No way they care about North Korea that much. They may sanction the hell out of us and huff and puff, though... though even that depends on how it turns out. If it's just surgical strikes with no/little collateral damage in North Korea, I doubt they'd even do that.

ToTheNines 09-05-2017 05:20 PM

I really really hope not. Countless innocent people are there who don't even know about the outside world.

Not saying I have the answer to this, but I hope there's no invasion or bombing. I don't think Un means business, so I hope we don't do something brash based on his probably hollow threats.

Andrew NDB 09-05-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1711792)
I don't think Un means business, so I hope we don't do something brash based on his probably hollow threats.

Oh yes, they are 100% hollow... for now. But there would definitely come a time in the next 3 or 4 years, at North Korea's current level of missile deployment and tech, where they will develop the ability and tech to launch countermeasure-resistant nuclear missiles that can strike our coast. And then it might not be so hollow.

Katie 09-05-2017 06:53 PM

My 2 cents which is worth about that.

Kim Jong Un has one motivation: to stay in power. I feel like he's pretty insecure about (or paranoid about) how the senior party members and military in DPRK see him. (As evidenced by the high level executions he's done)

He knows that no matter who the US president is, he'd get stomped pretty quick if he fired a missle, much less a nuke, at the US. He has been taken aback by Trump's angry rhetoric.

The thing is, he never wants to use those missle and be put out of power. He just wants to wave them around for his own people's sake and to prove he's tough to them. He'd be a fool to actually use them.

The WORST thing that could happen is if Trump actually starts something preemptively. That compells China to act because of treaties with DPRK and we definitely don't want to fight China.

The best thing is to leave the baby alone and let him bluster all he wants.

snake 09-05-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1711791)
Invades who? Us? No way they care about North Korea that much. They may sanction the hell out of us and huff and puff, though... though even that depends on how it turns out. If it's just surgical strikes with no/little collateral damage in North Korea, I doubt they'd even do that.

They said they'll invade NK by september 11th if they suspect NK actually has the bomb.

http://www.trunews.com/article/if-no...invade-by-9-11

Mayhem 09-06-2017 02:20 AM

To North Korea, the Korean war never ended, it's still going on, that's the end game really in his mind. To make sure not to lose that battle.

turtle1237 09-06-2017 06:17 AM

I don't think we go to war with NK. To much is at stake, No one wants to see South Korea or Japan get nuke or missle in the process. But at the same time, I don't think much will change, NK will still try to push it to the edge short of war, and America will either opt for peace talks or put sanctions. The only way for a war to happen is if NK attacks one of our Allies, but China will intervene sooner or later on the side of the North as they did in the 1950's.

TurtleWA 09-06-2017 11:20 AM

Seems like China might be the most powerful component in this entire mess. Most likely China likes to keep US distracted with NK and also doesn't want NK and SK united because then they would have another competitor.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...h-korea-2017-3

The above article raises several points including "If China unilaterally denuclearized North Korea to head off a US strike, this would only vindicate that claim, and raise questions as to why China allowed North Korea to develop and export dangerous technologies and commit heinous human rights abuses." And that "China could bring forces into North Korea to act as a tripwire." You know, stuff that makes you shake your head.

A side note not directly related to the article: I'm not sure how debt works exactly when is comes to what the USA owes China. The U.S. debt to China is $1.102 trillion, as of May 2017. According to Google. I mean if China does not have the US back 100% could we not just say forget about ever seeing one cent of what we owe you?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-06-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleWA (Post 1711933)
A side note not directly related to the article: I'm not sure how debt works exactly when is comes to what the USA owes China. The U.S. debt to China is $1.102 trillion, as of May 2017. According to Google. I mean if China does not have the US back 100% could we not just say forget about ever seeing one cent of what we owe you?

That's called crashing the national--if not global--economy, bubba. We try to avoid that.

plastroncafe 09-06-2017 11:27 AM

Let's face it, whether we go to war with Korea depends on largely whether China will allow it.

Don't they have the largest standing army on earth right now?

Quote:

1 China 2,333,000
2 United States 1,492,200
3 India 1,325,000
4 North Korea 1,190,000
http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/2...the-world.html

TurtleWA 09-06-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1711936)
That's called crashing the national--if not global--economy, bubba. We try to avoid that.

Yeah I know zero about economics. I'll be the first to admit that. So it's not as simple as what I'm thinking most likely. I just figured if the US says to China no more money whatsoever, including debt payments and buying goods, China would hurt deeply. A war with dollars and not bullets. That might be more intimidating to some leaders than a nuke. Also less casualties.

The Deadman 09-06-2017 11:39 AM

China's already said that if the US hits North Korea first, they're jumping in...but if North Korea hits us first, they're staying neutral.

plastroncafe 09-06-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleWA (Post 1711940)
Yeah I know zero about economics. I'll be the first to admit that. So it's not as simple as what I'm thinking most likely. I just figured if the US says to China no more money whatsoever, including debt payments and buying goods, China would hurt deeply. A war with dollars and not bullets. That might be more intimidating to some leaders than a nuke. Also less casualties.

Not doing business with China would hurt us more than it would hurt them.
We uh...don't exactly make a whole lot of stuff in the US anymore.