The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Revisiting Turtles Forever Film (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58165)

Rise1184 06-26-2017 10:13 PM

Revisiting Turtles Forever Film
 
As I'm sitting here watching the movie with my son, I began to imagine when I was kid watching the original series. It's a dream come true to see how fun and exciting they merged the universes, going back and forth attempting to defeat Shredder and his villains. I try not to overkill by watching too much, but when I do, I always feel nostalgic.

Anyone else enjoy this film as much as I do? I have all the movie comics, I wish they did one for this film. It also would be pretty cool if there was a live action version, or a storyline similar in the future.

neatoman 06-27-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise1184 (Post 1693897)
As I'm sitting here watching the movie with my son, I began to imagine when I was kid watching the original series. It's a dream come true to see how fun and exciting they merged the universes, going back and forth attempting to defeat Shredder and his villains. I try not to overkill by watching too much, but when I do, I always feel nostalgic.

Anyone else enjoy this film as much as I do? I have all the movie comics, I wish they did one for this film. It also would be pretty cool if there was a live action version, or a storyline similar in the future.

Please, delete this thread as soon as you read my post. Trust me, discussion of it will only lead to people bitching about the "unfair" treatment of cartoon characters, you don't want that.

Andrew NDB 06-27-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise1184 (Post 1693897)
It's a dream come true to see how fun and exciting they merged the universes

They did?

Quote:

It also would be pretty cool if there was a live action version, or a storyline similar in the future.
I think a live-action version would be a pretty awful idea. It might have been neat if the 1-3 movie Turtles showed up in the movie, though, for a few scenes and it'd be like... reverse Roger Rabbit or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1693943)
Trust me, discussion of it will only lead to people bitching about the "unfair" treatment of cartoon characters

How true.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 06-27-2017 12:18 PM

I like separate toyboxes and generally loathe crossovers.

I do not like Turtles Forever, Sam I Am. :trazz:

plastroncafe 06-27-2017 12:25 PM

The unabridged version of that cartoon is some of the greatest fan-service ever created, and I love it unconditionally.

And I will slake my thirst on the salty salty tears of people who speak ill of it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 06-27-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1693993)
The unabridged version of that cartoon is some of the greatest fan-service ever created, and I love it unconditionally.

And I will slake my thirst on the salty salty tears of people who speak ill of it.

#thirstyplastron

plastroncafe 06-27-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1693994)
#thirstyplastron

https://media.tenor.com/images/98b6d...04aa/tenor.gif

FredWolfLeonardo 06-27-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1693943)
Please, delete this thread as soon as you read my post. Trust me, discussion of it will only lead to people bitching about the "unfair" treatment of cartoon characters, you don't want that.

I don't think that will happen since the OP is not asking about that and just sharing a personal experience. Anyways, despite my complaints about it, I still love and enjoy Turtles Forever. As someone who grew up with 4kids and later started watching FW, the nostalgia was pretty intense and just seeing the two worlds collide was fantastic.

Rise1184 06-27-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1694021)
I don't think that will happen since the OP is not asking about that and just sharing a personal experience. Anyways, despite my complaints about it, I still love and enjoy Turtles Forever. As someone who grew up with 4kids and later started watching FW, the nostalgia was pretty intense and just seeing the two worlds collide was fantastic.

Thank you.

inaheap 06-27-2017 02:26 PM

I have only seen a few of the 4 kids shows. That said I liked this movie. I hope they do more like this as more TMNT shows come out. I think it is fun to see the different versions interact.

FredWolfLeonardo 06-27-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inaheap (Post 1694030)
I have only seen a few of the 4 kids shows. That said I liked this movie. I hope they do more like this as more TMNT shows come out. I think it is fun to see the different versions interact.

You're in luck, because we're getting another big crossover soon.

Andrew NDB 06-27-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1694037)
You're in luck, because we're getting another big crossover soon.

For real? More Fred Wolf worship in the Nick show?

ToTheNines 06-27-2017 03:39 PM

I wouldn't call the last one "worship". Even if that's exactly what their nostalgia-zombie fans did.

FredWolfLeonardo 06-27-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1694050)
For real? More Fred Wolf worship in the Nick show?

We'll probably get more mirage too.

Krutch 06-27-2017 04:22 PM

I got nuthin' but love for Turtles Forever :tcool:

CyberCubed 06-27-2017 04:59 PM

Fun Fact: There's a Tiger mutant in the background towards the end of the movie where all the mutants were out in the open, and he looks similar to Tiger Claw but pre-dates him by about 4 years.

Chris 06-27-2017 06:28 PM

Yep, love Turtles Forever. It was a great way to end the series and a really nice end to the whole Mirage Studios era as well. Loved the Kevin & Pete voice overs at the end with the comic art.

dragonside 06-27-2017 08:53 PM

Turtles Forever, will forever be the entity to set the fire to light the torch on these crossovers on TV.

I love it too - I bought the cut version and also imported the UK uncut dvd too since I loved it so much.

Ulisa 06-28-2017 12:07 AM

While it's not perfect, it's pretty damn close.

I had a lot of fun with this special and I really appreciate the attention to detail with the animation. Most notably in the FW world and of course, all the multiverse looks we got. I actually went and looked up the few I didn't recognize after the special.

I've always been a fan of crossovers in general so this was really a treat to watch. Given that I enjoy both the 2k3 series and the FW series, it was neat to see them interact with one another and I like how in the final battle, each of the different sets of turtles had something to contribute, it was just in their own style.

pferreira 06-29-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1694037)
You're in luck, because we're getting another big crossover soon.

Do you have a link? I'm interested in maybe seeing the FW TMNT with better animation this time.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.