The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNT #102 Preview and Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=62034)

TigerClaw 11-07-2019 05:02 PM

TMNT #102 Preview and Discussion

Here's info and the cover for issue #102.
https://www.idwpublishing.com/produc...a-turtles-102/

Spoiler:
The Turtles are separated, each trying to find their own way forward. With their absence, Old Hob fills the power vacuum with the help of some very unusual new mutants!

https://rzzy0b736k-flywheel.netdna-s...2-cover-v2.jpg

CyberCubed 11-07-2019 05:48 PM

Does Old Hob ever take a breather...really, he goes from one crazy scheme to the next.

miru 11-30-2019 01:00 PM

I expect Hob to be the new main villain, and the next few issues to be a "monster of the day" breather series, as we get settled with the new status quo.

TigerClaw 11-30-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miru (Post 1827484)
I expect Hob to be the new main villain, and the next few issues to be a "monster of the day" breather series, as we get settled with the new status quo.

Or Mutant of the Day rather.

daggio 11-30-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1827496)

Heck, we might see some old faces from Fred Wolf and Archie......maybe Wyrm will return :o

ChosenOne 11-30-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1827496)

This reminds me, I wonder if the day when all those New Yorkers were mutated will get an in-universe nickname?

hypered1 11-30-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggio (Post 1827499)
Heck, we might see some old faces from Fred Wolf and Archie......maybe Wyrm will return :o

Calling it now that Ol' man Rupert is gonna be Pizza Face and we'll see Muckman and Joe Eyeball

TigerClaw 12-15-2019 11:45 AM

Found this other image for issue 102.

MikeandRaph87 12-15-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1829187)
Found this other image for issue 102.

Holy 4th wall break! Its an IDW comic on an IDW comic and playing Manhattan Project!

TigerClaw 12-15-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1829192)
Holy 4th wall break! Its an IDW comic on an IDW comic and playing Manhattan Project!

Are you sure its Manhattan Project? It looks like the bridge level from Turtles In Time.

MikeandRaph87 12-15-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1829197)
Are you sure its Manhattan Project? It looks like the bridge level from Turtles In Time.

It could be that too. My mind immediately jumped to the third level of Manhattan Project with the extensive battered bridge that has Slash as a mini-boss and Ball & Chain Swinging Bebop as the level boss.

Powder 12-15-2019 03:51 PM

It's Big Apple, 3AM. If you don't recognize that, you get your shell card revoked. :tlol:

PApagreg 12-15-2019 09:15 PM

God I just love Mona Lisa's design in this series and that cover page just works wonders for her on a side note its really weird seeing Jennika playing video games with the turtles.

Redeemer 12-15-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1829199)
It could be that too. My mind immediately jumped to the third level of Manhattan Project with the extensive battered bridge that has Slash as a mini-boss and Ball & Chain Swinging Bebop as the level boss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1829213)
It's Big Apple, 3AM. If you don't recognize that, you get your shell card revoked. :tlol:

Also TMNT Manhattan project was only two player, where as TMNT in time was 4 on the arcade machine.

AquaParade 12-15-2019 10:14 PM

The thing with Jennika that feels off to me is the idea that she is really just another ally of the turtles, like Casey, April, or even other mutants, but because she has a turtle body she gets a special mask and a "fifth beetle" type position?

I haven't read every issue, so please correct me if I am misinterpreting but it feels a bit stretched to me.

Wentos 12-16-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1829230)
The thing with Jennika that feels off to me is the idea that she is really just another ally of the turtles, like Casey, April, or even other mutants, but because she has a turtle body she gets a special mask and a "fifth beetle" type position?

I haven't read every issue, so please correct me if I am misinterpreting but it feels a bit stretched to me.

No, you're right. Her position as "the fifth turtle" is underdeveloped and completely unearned. It's just one of a million other ideas that's been thrown in the stew and just kind of forgotten about.

What's really baffling is how hard Waltz was pushing Jennika on social media when she first mutated, as if she was the biggest contribution he was ever going to make to the TMNT mythos. I was convinced at the time that she was going to be a major focus and that he was going to work overtime convincing the fanbase that she deserved her spot.

It did not go that way.

Mayhem 12-16-2019 01:28 AM

That image is... I think the BTC issue #102 variant cover iirc.

MikeandRaph87 12-16-2019 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wentos (Post 1829239)
No, you're right. Her position as "the fifth turtle" is underdeveloped and completely unearned. It's just one of a million other ideas that's been thrown in the stew and just kind of forgotten about.

What's really baffling is how hard Waltz was pushing Jennika on social media when she first mutated, as if she was the biggest contribution he was ever going to make to the TMNT mythos. I was convinced at the time that she was going to be a major focus and that he was going to work overtime convincing the fanbase that she deserved her spot.

It did not go that way.

There is the mini-series of her own, though time will tell. I do agree she is just another ally who fights alongside them in battle like Casey Jones, Mondo Gecko, etc. as Campbell expands on the character.

lonewarrior20 12-16-2019 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1829213)

Not to mention their playing on the super nintendo. The only other tmnt game on there is tournament fighters. Man I can't wait to start reading in on mona in January.

MikeandRaph87 12-16-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 (Post 1829252)
Not to mention their playing on the super nintendo. The only other tmnt game on there is tournament fighters. Man I can't wait to start reading in on mona in January.

It does appear #101 was delayed to January 8th.:trazz: