The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   TMNT 3 turns 25 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59724)

Autbot_Benz 03-17-2018 06:07 PM

TMNT 3 turns 25

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/975114599245676546

neatoman 03-17-2018 06:20 PM

Happy birthday, you unfunny slow drag of a movie. Seriously, this has to be the most boring movie out of all six. The only nice I can say about it is that it's better than OotS, since some parts of 3 were at least a little entertaining. Which says very little, given how much of a moldy dogturd OotS is.

RaphaelinSTL 03-17-2018 07:11 PM

The Batman & Robin of the TMNT movie franchise.

IndigoErth 03-17-2018 07:38 PM

I half want to say "Already?" and half want to say "Is that all?"

Well, happy 25th to it. Too bad it couldn't have been done better. Esp those costumes... but at least they provided that suitable pic to use; not sure other movie versions could top that.

d_osborn 03-17-2018 08:29 PM

I've always loved the illustrated poster art. It's a shame the first two movies didn't get a similar treatment.

https://i.imgur.com/595ByLP.jpg

FredWolfLeonardo 03-17-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1751946)
Happy birthday, you unfunny slow drag of a movie. Seriously, this has to be the most boring movie out of all six. The only nice I can say about it is that it's better than OotS, since some parts of 3 were at least a little entertaining. Which says very little, given how much of a moldy dogturd OotS is.

I personally like this film much more than 2007 and 2014, even think it has some pros over Secret of the Ooze, only majorly let down by the costumes and some of the characters like Walker.

I love AVGNs review of the film as well and some of the lines will always forever make me a smile ("help, I'm a turtle and I can't get up!" and "Sleezball" are my favourites)

Shark_Blade 03-18-2018 12:01 AM

Despite the costume, the story and setting is pretty good.
Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1751949)
The Batman & Robin of the TMNT movie franchise.

The worst one is Secret of the Ooze tbh.

newfan 03-18-2018 02:44 AM

This is the only movie I haven't yet seen, I been told I'm not missing much and that seems to be the general consensus so I haven't raced to find it yet

....those suits.....

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-18-2018 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfan (Post 1751976)
This is the only movie I haven't yet seen, I been told I'm not missing much and that seems to be the general consensus so I haven't raced to find it yet

....those suits.....

Watch it for its 25th anniversary.

TheBlueTurtle1 03-18-2018 07:36 AM

I don't hate this movie, but I can't say I liked it much either. It's way better than the dreadful bay movies:ohwell:

LeotheLateBloomer 03-18-2018 08:09 AM

I think we can all agree that this movie has been surpassed by the two PD films for the most dumpster fire of the series. So Happy Birthday you!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-18-2018 10:09 AM

I first watched it in a cinema back in August 1993.

RaphaelinSTL 03-18-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1751970)
Despite the costume, the story and setting is pretty good.

The worst one is Secret of the Ooze tbh.

Eh. I wholeheartedly disagree with that one and that could be because I think Secret of the Ooze has more history with me. While SOTO is a lot more watered down than the original movie, I still feel like I'm watching the same TMNT universe established in the first film. Sure, the lighting is brighter and everything feels more slick (unlike the grime and dirt that I adored so much from 1990) but by the time you get to TMNT 3 ... the new suits and the overall vibe of the film is just so off it's hilarious. I don't think the story or the setting of the film is that great either. Secret of the Ooze is a silly movie, but why I feel TMNT 3 is like Batman & Robin is that it's a movie to watch while drinking with friends and laughing at how cheap it looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer (Post 1751992)
I think we can all agree that this movie has been surpassed by the two PD films for the most dumpster fire of the series. So Happy Birthday you!

... Exactly. Even with my lukewarm opinion about TMNT 3, I still find would rather put that one on compared to 2007's TMNT or those terrible, terrible Bay films.

RaphaelinSTL 03-18-2018 10:46 AM

Also - TMNT 3 has easily the worst soundtrack of the trilogy! Even as a kid, I remember thinking how much my cassette soundtrack was a disappointment.

Though this movie intensified my love of ...

d_osborn 03-18-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1752009)

Same here. Classic song! :D

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-18-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_osborn (Post 1751956)
I've always loved the illustrated poster art. It's a shame the first two movies didn't get a similar treatment.

Wasn't it set in 1603, and the comic adaption set in 1593? Or maybe it was the other way?

neatoman 03-18-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1752009)
Also - TMNT 3 has easily the worst soundtrack of the trilogy! Even as a kid, I remember thinking how much my cassette soundtrack was a disappointment.

Yeah, it's a pretty entertaining part of the movie.

The-Shredder 03-18-2018 01:54 PM

The redeeming aspect of this movie is that the Turtles actually fight with their weapons, which really surprised me the first time I saw it after Secret of the Ooze. Also, Casey Jones babysitting the samurais dancing to Tarzan Boy. :tgrin:

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-18-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Shredder (Post 1752022)
The redeeming aspect of this movie is that the Turtles actually fight with their weapons, which really surprised me the first time I saw it after Secret of the Ooze. Also, Casey Jones babysitting the samurais dancing to Tarzan Boy. :tgrin:

I always liked the ice hockey scenes.

LeotheLateBloomer 03-18-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1752008)
... Exactly. Even with my lukewarm opinion about TMNT 3, I still find would rather put that one on compared to 2007's TMNT or those terrible, terrible Bay films.

2007 really? I mean the plot was barebones and the focus was all over the place but I at least applaud the movie for trying to shy away from FW elements in favor of something a little more darker (sort of). I'd say it's mediocre at best.