The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   It: Chapter Two (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59838)

Andrew NDB 04-12-2018 07:56 PM

It: Chapter Two
 
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ja...el-1202749616/

So far McAvoy (for Bill), Hader (Richie), and Chastain (Beverly) are in talks to play the grown up kids. I'm still betting the farm they go with Chris Pratt or Channing Tatum for Ben.

I also think it's a mistake to not go with Amy Adams for Beverly. She is the splitting image of an older version of that kid in the first.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-12-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1755601)
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ja...el-1202749616/

So far McAvoy (for Bill), Hader (Richie), and Chastain (Beverly) are in talks to play the grown up kids. I'm still betting the farm they go with Chris Pratt or Channing Tatum for Ben.

I also think it's a mistake to not go with Amy Adams for Beverly. She is the splitting image of an older version of that kid in the first.

I would not have thought of McAvoy for Bill, but since I read the article, I'm quite intrigued. I think he could do well for that... relatable, a kind leader, but with a core of steel.

Can't say I'm thrilled with Bill Hader for Richie, though. I guess Hader's got comedy cred, but... I don't see him for the role. Not at all.

MikeandRaph87 04-12-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1755603)
I would not have thought of McAvoy for Bill, but since I read the article, I'm quite intrigued. I think he could do well for that... relatable, a kind leader, but with a core of steel.

Can't say I'm thrilled with Bill Hader for Richie, though. I guess Hader's got comedy cred, but... I don't see him for the role. Not at all.

I don't know anything about James McAvoy so I am open to what he would do in the role.

Bill Hader I am on board with. The only better choice would have been putting Seth Green in the role that he played the 11 year old version of in the previous version. That fun connection bit and the fact i think Green could nail it.


Not keen on Chastain. Never been wowed by her in Zero Dark Thirty or Interstellar. I have to agree about Amy Adams.

What about Ben? I am curious who would take the role previously portrayed by the late John Ritter. I always liked Ben the best of the group,but felt there was a playboy aspect to Ben that did not make sense in John Ritter's version's background.

PApagreg 04-12-2018 09:51 PM

I was really hoping they picked Seth Green for Richie

Andrew NDB 04-12-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PApagreg (Post 1755612)
I was really hoping they picked Seth Green for Richie

Wouldn't that have been great?

Quote:

Can't say I'm thrilled with Bill Hader for Richie, though. I guess Hader's got comedy cred, but... I don't see him for the role. Not at all.
Yeah. They need someone far mousier in the role. I don't know who, though. Like... Skinny Jonah Hill or something.

Maybe the Hader thing falls through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1755610)
What about Ben? I am curious who would take the role previously portrayed by the late John Ritter. I always liked Ben the best of the group,but felt there was a playboy aspect to Ben that did not make sense in John Ritter's version's background.

I'm telling you. Tatum or Pratt. I'd bet money. And they probably approach them in that order.

Andrew NDB 05-16-2018 04:08 PM

James Ransone is Eddie in "It: Chapter Two."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/james-ra...t-chapter-two/

On that note, I have no idea who James Ransone is.

newfan 05-16-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1759931)
James Ransone is Eddie in "It: Chapter Two."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/james-ra...t-chapter-two/

On that note, I have no idea who James Ransone is.

LOL, Andrew I was thinking the same thing.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-16-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1759931)
James Ransone is Eddie in "It: Chapter Two."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/james-ra...t-chapter-two/

On that note, I have no idea who James Ransone is.

Damn, me neither! Does anyone? :tlol:

MikeandRaph87 05-16-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1759938)
Damn, me neither! Does anyone? :tlol:

Not everyone is known in film roles. Breakout role for him. Eddie is also the least memorable of the six adults.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-16-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1759939)
Not everyone is known in film roles. Breakout role for him. Eddie is also the least memorable of the six adults.

You're wrong. That'd be Stan. :trazz:

MikeandRaph87 05-16-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1759950)
You're wrong. That'd be Stan. :trazz:

Stan is dead so I said six. Of the six that count Eddie was the least interesting.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-16-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1759954)
Stan is dead so I said six. Of the six that count Eddie was the least interesting.

Oh, my bad. :tlol:

Cure 05-16-2018 09:30 PM

Watch The Wire, people, damn.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-16-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1759977)
Watch The Wire, people, damn.

Have they cast Idris Elba as Mike!? :teek: :trazz:

Andrew NDB 05-18-2018 10:29 AM

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/80020

In another round of "Who the hell is that?" Andy Bean has been cast as adult Stanley.

Andrew NDB 05-23-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1755601)
I'm still betting the farm they go with Chris Pratt or Channing Tatum for Ben.

Damn! I'm wrong. I'm not even close. It's just another unknown for Ben:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/jay-ryan...t-chapter-two/

Jay Ryan.

Is all their budget going to Jessica "Miscast" Chastain or something?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-23-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1761222)
Damn! I'm wrong. I'm not even close. It's just another unknown for Ben:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/jay-ryan...t-chapter-two/

Jay Ryan.

Is all their budget going to Jessica "Miscast" Chastain or something?

I know, right? McAvoy and Chastain must've drained the casting budget already. :tlol:

MikeandRaph87 05-23-2018 06:58 PM

I would have tapped Jerry O'Connell, former chunky kid turned fit actor married to a model.Reminds you of Ben in a sense. Ah,well. I will give it a chance. I don't want the one night stand with Beverley and Bill included. It cheapens Ben getting together with Beverley in the end. Not to mention undermines Bill's desperate search and rescue of his catatonic wife. A simple conversation would suffice.

I also wonder how the spider form will be dealt with. Campy? Creepy? Something else other than a mutant spider?

Andrew NDB 05-23-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1761237)
I know, right? McAvoy and Chastain must've drained the casting budget already. :tlol:

It's unfortunate to me. I was hoping for like... remember when Inglorious Basterds was first announced? And all those rumors were flying around about Arnold and Stallone and Seagal and such? And then it all turned out to be fake, even after years? I was thinking they were going to do something similar here... but with late 30s, 40s guys who are immediately relevant.

Guess not.

Andrew NDB 06-09-2018 04:50 PM

Another unknown for It: Chapter Two, this one for Mike. Isaiah Mustafa, best known as the Old Spice Man.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/i...afa-1202838872


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.