The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   "Be patient. It’s going to be okay. We’re being respectful of the franchise.” (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59615)

Shark_Blade 02-19-2018 02:22 AM

"Be patient. It’s going to be okay. We’re being respectful of the franchise.”

Quote:

“Be patient. It’s going to be okay. We’re being respectful of the franchise.”

-Andy Suriano on Rise of the TMNT.
https://twitter.com/tmnt/status/965003377250889728

Thoughts?

newfan 02-19-2018 02:32 AM

As well as a lot of hype they got a lot of negativity too, they are just addressing it.

Not everyone is going to like the new designs and things like the leader shift but 'be patient' might mean it isn't going to be AS different as people think, wait (all the way till autumn) and see first.

Edit: re post below, yeah there's the difference between not liking something/giving an opinion and losing it/trolling etc.

FredWolfLeonardo 02-19-2018 03:20 AM

Haters gonna hate, thats all I gotta say.

Even if I don't find myself interested in Rise, I find no reason to create a storm/flare over it like is being done on Social Media.

Totally superflous but I couldn't care less and find it equally superflous to complain about the negativity as complaining about the show.

plastroncafe 02-19-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfan (Post 1747272)
Edit: re post below, yeah there's the difference between not liking something/giving an opinion and losing it/trolling etc.

There should be a difference. There should be nuance.
Folks should be able to say: This doesn't work for me, and then be able to articulate why it doesn't work, and/or just move on.

Rather than...well, what folks have been saying to garner a response like the one that started this thread.

Are those days gone?
Did they ever exist in the first place?

Heck, I have yet to see people actually define the word: Toxic.

AlZarkovski 02-19-2018 08:14 AM

Of course Andy had to say it. He could not say, "We do not know this franchise and do not understand it, and we did not get enough time to understand and do something right."

This is a standard phrase that they say always. And nothing more.:roll:

sdp 02-19-2018 08:52 AM

Jeeze, the feedback has to be really ugly for they to tweet it out.

Coola Yagami 02-19-2018 09:50 AM

Bebop, Rocksteady and Technodrome. Season 2. As damage control.

IndigoErth 02-19-2018 10:24 AM

Respectful... That remains to be seen until we see a good chunk of the first season.

And a shark could claim that it's being respectful and only just swimming circles around you, but until you know its motives via its actions it's likewise hard to trust... (And if it talks, well definitely don't.)

At this point in time, based on what we've been told, I don't call overhauls of who characters are as people - the deepest fundamental aspects of them that have long developed over time - being respectful. No more than, say, cloning someone post-death but saying, Hey, I think I'll genetically change his/her personality, because why not! I want him/her different.

If it was respectful of the characters (granted they said franchise but that shouldn't mean much different), I wouldn't feel like the guy I relate to most just won't even be there anymore... But we shall see.

CyberCubed 02-19-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1747314)

What a time to be alive.

Andrew NDB 02-19-2018 11:25 AM

The "fandom" is really making itself look really, really bad and really dumb over RotTMNT. At large. For a variety of reasons, some painfully obvious.

CyberCubed 02-19-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1747347)
The "fandom" is really making itself look really, really bad and really dumb over RotTMNT. At large. For a variety of reasons, some painfully obvious.

To be fair it's mostly people on twitter, most people here aren't posting there. The twitter TMNT fandom is pretty vicious, as is the one on tumblr.

I barely use social media so just imagine this place but 10 times worse.

AquaParade 02-19-2018 11:40 AM

I admit to having mixed feelings.

I'm perfectly comfortable in knowing that the show isn't for me. I have no interest in watching it, it's not aimed at me, I need to let people who enjoy it, enjoy it.

That said, I'm sort of elated that this is getting negative feedback, because, idk, to be frank, it just looks really bad to me. Sure, it's fair to wait until the debut to judge it, and I'll even check out the debut episode out of curiosity, but I'm giving my first impressions here.

I think negative feedback can be a healthy thing for the franchise.When it comes to choosing directions for further movies, video games, comics....the success of this take on the TMNT could very well be influential. So I can't deny that I'd be pleased with the fandom giving the message that "Hey, this TMNT Injustice 2 DLC is great, we'll buy this" and "Please try again with the direction of the cartoon".
Then again, maybe the fact that they both can exist despite eachother is enough reason not to worry about "Rise..."

Shellington 02-19-2018 12:26 PM

I'm ready to wait and see how it goes along.

newfan 02-19-2018 12:32 PM

I haven't noticed that Nicks TMNT twitter account has much of a vicious following but not sure about the other TMNT fan twitter accounts.

Agreed with Aquaparade in relation to feedback, generally speaking.

Vegita-San 02-19-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1747302)
Jeeze, the feedback has to be really ugly for they to tweet it out.

I'm honestly shocked at how many on social media seem to HATE these designs. Especially considering how many seemed to love the PD mess.

It must be really bad if they feel the need to address it.

But just one look at the Splinter design makes me think they arn't being respectful to the franchise and are more parodying it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1747347)

I'm shocked your not at the fore front of all the complaining.... this entire series would be like your worst nightmare ;o).

AquaParade 02-19-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegita-San (Post 1747369)
I'm honestly shocked at how many on social media seem to HATE these designs. Especially considering how many seemed to love the PD mess.

It must be really bad if they feel the need to address it.

While these things can be difficult to guage, it wasn't at all my impression that social media loved the Platinum Dune designs.

CyberCubed 02-19-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1747379)
While these things can be difficult to guage, it wasn't at all my impression that social media loved the Platinum Dune designs.

Vegita-san is trolling as usual.

TurtleWA 02-19-2018 02:09 PM

Yeah some fans are not a good representation of the fandom. I’ve seen several good social media posts and contributed several myself. But it’s not easy to balance the scale.

Negativity seems to always get more attention. I wonder how many people want to be positive but don’t have the energy to put up with negative comments about their positive comment. I’ve had people respond to my “good” comment with “bad” comments. But I haven’t seen any “bad” comments replied to with “good.”

Why are negative people always more loud than positive? The new look of the show and toys could actually be really liked by a lot of people. But they just don’t voice their opinions.

Xav 02-19-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1747314)

Damage control for what? The show's target audience isn't going to care about any of that stuff.

NinjaPug 02-19-2018 02:14 PM

Who was the poster on here that got mad at Ciro for basically telling him to **** off after they sent him a message on Facebook about the things they didn't like about his show?