The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Rise of the TMNT comic to debut earlier than the tv series (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59829)

Shark_Blade 04-10-2018 05:16 PM

Rise of the TMNT comic to debut earlier than the tv series

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles @TMNT Comic to Debut @IDWPublishing in Advance of TV Series

https://www.cbr.com/rise-of-teenage-....co/LPkA28Oa1v

Nickelodeon’s upcoming Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series has drawn a vocal response from fans, who have been both intrigued and skeptical about the radically redesigned versions of Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird’s Heroes in a Half-Shell.

While the show won’t debut until September, the latest iteration of the pop culture mainstays will first debut in comic book form, and CBR has details of the project, first announced this past weekend at C2E2 in Chicago. The Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #0 one-shot is scheduled for release in July, from current TMNT license-holder IDW Publishing. It’s written by Matthew K. Manning, who wrote 2016’s Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures miniseries, and illustrated by Chad Tomas, a veteran of multiple TMNT animated adaptations at IDW.

It’s not yet clear what IDW’s plans for Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are beyond the #0 issues, but a follow-up series certainly seems like a safe bet.

First announced in March 2017, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is set to reinvent the TMNT mythos in several ways, along with the visual changes: the main four Turtles will have “mystic ninja powers” and tweaked weapons, and April O’Neil is depicted as an African-American girl. Pro wrestling superstar John Cena will voice one of the series’ villains, Baron Draxum. Nickelodeon’s previous TMNT series, simply titled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (billed as Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in its fifth and final season), wrapped its five-year run this past November.

Solicitation information for IDW’s Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #0, and Chad Tomas’ cover, follow below.

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #0

Matthew K. Manning (w) • Chad Thomas (a & c)
A new age of mutant madness begins with the Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! This special zero issue is your very first look at the new adventures the guys in green will be getting into this fall! Will the TMNT be able to master their new weapons, or will the weapons master them?!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Excited for the new upcoming TMNT new animated series Rise of the TMNT? Catch the comic first!

Papenbrook 04-10-2018 05:20 PM

They're either hyping all of us up or doubling down on damage control.

Either way, I'm excited for this! :D

TurtleWA 04-10-2018 05:27 PM

I might like this. I like Batman/TMNT Adventures by Manning. I’m confused on if this will be an original story or one loosely based on the first episode?

CyberCubed 04-10-2018 06:13 PM

This is very similar to the Nick 2012 free comic book day issue they launched a few months ahead of making Nick Animated Adventures a regular monthly comic.

I expect the same here. We'll most likely see a Rise monthly comic after the show starts

Lordmylar06 04-11-2018 11:10 AM

I'm really hoping they give Chad Thomas the sort of freedom with the art that he had with TMNT Amazing Adventures.
You could tell with the Adventures title before that he was held to a strict "on model" art style. With Amazing Adventures, the art quality was better. I think if they let him use his own style it'll look great and possibly win over some people that don't necessarily enjoy the art style used for the show.

Papenbrook 06-21-2018 01:31 AM

Here's one of the alternative covers.

neatoman 06-21-2018 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1766012)
Here's one of the alternative covers.

Why are they all making rape faces?

Papenbrook 06-21-2018 12:50 PM

Just ... why?

Why would you say that, neatoman?

neatoman 06-21-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1766124)
Just ... why?

Why would you say that, neatoman?

Because their expressions look weirdly threatening and horny.

Papenbrook 06-21-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1766147)

What?! Like ... how?!

neatoman 06-21-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1766203)
What?! Like ... how?!

One is biting his lip while flexing, another is licking his mouth and they're all staring directly at the viewer. I get that they're meant to look at the pizza but the perspective on the eyes is skewed, making it look less like they're drooling over a pizza and more like they're lusting for the person presenting the pizza.

TurtleTitan97 06-21-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1766147)

Oh great, now I can't unsee it. I hope you're happy. :lol:

Coola Yagami 06-24-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1755337)
They're either hyping all of us up or doubling down on damage control.

Either way, I'm excited for this! :D

Yep, Don looks like 'why hello there....'. Leo and Mike look lustful, Raph looks like YOU GON GIT GOT.

Papenbrook 06-30-2018 12:58 PM

Here's another alternative cover.

CyberCubed 06-30-2018 01:23 PM

Looks like yet another cockroach-type mutant, funny how they're so common in TMNT.

Papenbrook 07-08-2018 06:27 AM

So, when are we getting a preview?

bushido 07-08-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1768429)
So, when are we getting a preview?

Few days before the release so the next weekend I think.