The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   NAACP president says racist cop pulled him over, lies to media (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60041)

Andrew NDB 06-01-2018 12:40 PM

NAACP president says racist cop pulled him over, lies to media

http://wpde.com/news/local/timmonsvi...hows-otherwise

Body cam footage cleared the officer. It turns out that none of what the NAACP president was saying was true and the officer was actually super polite the whole time.

I wonder why that guy would want to fan the fires of "there's racism everywhere!"?

BartAllen 06-01-2018 01:21 PM

Shock.

Between this and the African American woman who said the cop raped her (it also didn't happen). The cams are only going to show that some folks have a problem with telling the truth.

We need to get these vest cams on all the police officers in the US.

plastroncafe 06-01-2018 01:22 PM

Good luck getting that past the Police Union, they hate these cameras.

Redeemer 06-01-2018 01:43 PM

I am absolutely shocked that this has not been in the news...... sarcasm.....

Its a shame that stuff like this is not covered by the news, but all the bad stuff cops do is. I agree with others I wish body cams would be mandatory.

Sumac 06-01-2018 02:06 PM

I wonder how internet-lefties might spin it?
CGI? Cops forced to make another video? Body double? :lol:

FredWolfLeonardo 06-01-2018 02:48 PM

Cops are the good guys man.

plastroncafe 06-01-2018 02:51 PM

They can be.
But they can also not be.

Bad apples, and all that.

FredWolfLeonardo 06-01-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1762587)
They can be.
But they can also not be.

Bad apples, and all that.

In general though,

I'm perfectly willing to put my trust in someone who has been extensively trained to help keep my country safe and be loyal to its ideals. Especially if it happens to be the best country in the world.

Krutch 06-01-2018 03:05 PM

Despite my own experiences (every single interaction i've had with the police in my life have been negative) I still believe the bulk of any police force are good people. Maybe I'm just being naive, though.

PApagreg 06-01-2018 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1762589)
Especially if it happens to be the best country in the world.

I personally would't call a country wit most incarcerated per capita great but okay.

Sumac 06-02-2018 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PApagreg (Post 1762656)
I personally would't call a country wit most incarcerated per capita great but okay.

By this logic there are no "best countries" in the world. You can always find something bad in any place.
Just saying.

PApagreg 06-02-2018 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumac (Post 1762662)
By this logic there are no "best countries" in the world. You can always find something bad in any place.
Just saying.

WOW its almost like the concept of "best country" is subjective

Sumac 06-02-2018 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PApagreg (Post 1762671)
WOW its almost like the concept of "best country" is subjective

It's like its always necessary to piss on someone else's parade, when they doesn't conform to your cynical worldview.

Andrew NDB 06-02-2018 03:50 AM

To me this is like the worst, scariest thing ever. Well, it's on the short list. There is justifiably examples of horrible cops approaching African American guys in cars and just shooting them unjustly. In some examples, horrifiably. I've seen so many it's crazy, many of them so visceral. A good portion of those omit some important initial minutes leading up... but many still, it's like, wow, why would the cop do that? And it's ridiculous... those cops should be criminalized.

That said, this particular thing is vehemently stupid. It's angering. This is a guy... no, not just a guy, the NAACP president, for chrissakes... that's telling the world that he got pulled over and was read the riot act about drugs and why he is in this neighborhood, badgered based on race. And what would come of this if the truth didn't come out? If his social media outcry (that he deleted, btw) continued out there if that cop hadn't had his chest cam? I mean, yikes. It was all FAKE, what he was saying, all of it. Virtually every word, and he's the NAACP president.

Black Lives Matter is important, but the popular idea that police are like the #1 killer in these matters is quantifiably false. It's not even close. And guys like this guy only perpetuate a new generation of fear, a generation throwing their hands up going, "Well, not much I can do because the odds are rigged against me. The police will just pull me over someday and murder me. I'm not even going to try." So now the new generation is apt to do nothing because why would they? The system is rigged/gunning against them, it appears. And it's all untrue on a very basic level. The most basic of all levels.

In a way it is good this story has been swept under the radar. But not for the reasons that matter.

Sumac 06-02-2018 03:56 AM

Internet-lefties would have crucified you for this words: those dumbos live in perpetuate belief that all cops are bad, either by being killers themselves or by hiding truth about crime of others.

AT-Man 06-02-2018 05:22 AM

Please do not use Dumbo's saintly name in any kind of hateful manner.

https://media.giphy.com/media/quiT74iUUtfzO/giphy.gif

Sumac 06-02-2018 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AT-Man (Post 1762679)
Please do not use Dumbo's saintly name in any kind of hateful manner.

https://media.giphy.com/media/quiT74iUUtfzO/giphy.gif

Sorry. Didn't want to offend any elephants. :lol:

Redeemer 06-02-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PApagreg (Post 1762656)

You know.....

-The U.S is the Richest Country
-Has one of the easiest paths to citizenship
-Have a 100% volunteer military
-Have more Freedom than most countries.
-Have a large "welfare net"
-Retirement and healthcare plans for our citizens unlike most countries.

I could keep going on and on, but yea....... we definitely are not one of the most blessed/best nations to live in on earth :lol:

The Deadman 06-02-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 1762565)
I am absolutely shocked that this has not been in the news...... sarcasm.....

Its a shame that stuff like this is not covered by the news, but all the bad stuff cops do is. I agree with others I wish body cams would be mandatory.

Anything against the cops doesnt fit the anti-police agenda.

Mayhem 06-02-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 1762692)
I could keep going on and on, but yea....... we definitely are not one of the most blessed/best nations to live in on earth :lol:

No statutory minimum vacation time
No statutory maternity leave (only three other democratic countries do not have this!)
You get seriously ill, you are probably in debt for the rest of your life
The gap between rich and poor is arguably the widest of any democratic nation