The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NECA 1/4 Scale 90's Movie Shredder & Foot (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58360)

Coro 11-29-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmaga123 (Post 1731704)
Trevor has been working on the sculpt and Shredder is looking incredible! We will be getting the cape as well in fact Trevor asked me my thoughts on what the material used in the movie is. Any thoughts?

Do we get to see how incredible it looks?

d_osborn 11-29-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmaga123 (Post 1731704)
Trevor has been working on the sculpt and Shredder is looking incredible! We will be getting the cape as well in fact Trevor asked me my thoughts on what the material used in the movie is. Any thoughts?

I'm pretty sure I have some reference... will have to dig around. It's essentially a 90s fever dream zebra pattern of black and metallic/shiny silver.

Bmaga123 11-29-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coro (Post 1731797)
Do we get to see how incredible it looks?

I wish I could share the pictures but I was told I cannot share them yet I'm sorry. When he gives me the ok I will share them immediately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_osborn (Post 1731815)
I'm pretty sure I have some reference... will have to dig around. It's essentially a 90s fever dream zebra pattern of black and metallic/shiny silver.

Awesome thanks this seems to be the toughest part of his outfit to figure out for 1/4 scale. Shredder is actually being sculpted in 1/6 scale then will be scaled up to 1/4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1731755)
Always thought it was garbage bag plastic on top of a wire frame to further the gritty, lacking in resources image the Foot Clan has in the movies. :tlol:

I can totally see that as well!

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 11-30-2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmaga123 (Post 1731893)
Awesome thanks this seems to be the toughest part of his outfit to figure out for 1/4 scale. Shredder is actually being sculpted in 1/6 scale then will be scaled up to 1/4.

That's interesting. They're going to scale it up using a 3D printer or something?

Coro has more Trenchcoat Raphael and Casey Jones prop replica masks stocked, so while these were supposedly delayed, maybe they are trying to drop them by Christmas. Word on the street is that NECA has received their boxed Trenchcoat Raphael sample and he will ship anytime.

Leotheleader 11-30-2017 10:25 AM

arent they doing the "baby turtles" 4 pack as well, lots in interesting stuff from Neca coming out.

RaphaelinSTL 12-01-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leotheleader (Post 1731949)
arent they doing the "baby turtles" 4 pack as well, lots in interesting stuff from Neca coming out.

Yep ... I'm not sure when that is going to drop as that was expected in an "accessory" pack that included Mikey's nunchuck hand.

Leotheleader 12-01-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1732163)
Yep ... I'm not sure when that is going to drop as that was expected in an "accessory" pack that included Mikey's nunchuck hand.

right on can't wait for that.

AquaParade 12-11-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1731755)
Always thought it was garbage bag plastic on top of a wire frame to further the gritty, lacking in resources image the Foot Clan has in the movies. :tlol:

As a kid, I always just assumed it was some kind of hybrid trashbag-cape. As ridiculous as it sounds, I thought it was sort of cool. It just fit the aesthetic I suppose.

The Shredder was taking the children from home's in which they were considered trash and treasuring them as part of his Foot Clan. There.

RaphaelinSTL 12-23-2017 02:05 PM

Anyone know of any more updates for these guys? I know Trevor has been working on the sculpts, but I'm way too excited and hoping for some news soon!

Like most have said already, I'm assuming Toy Fair at this point.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 01-02-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1732163)

It is slated for March. You can pre-order it from Coro, or from me on my eBay page.

Disappointing that we haven't seen any prototype pictures yet.

Coro 01-02-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1737494)
It is slated for March. You can pre-order it from Coro, or from me on my eBay page.

Disappointing that we haven't seen any prototype pictures yet.

Just an FYI my site, SpaceMonkeyToys.com, is moving to a free shipping model in the US for 2018 and beyond. You can see the details on my home page. Take advantage of this for the 1/4 scale stuff you might need or any other awesome TMNT stuff. The accessory packs are now available there.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 01-02-2018 07:49 AM

Will you be offering more Casey Jones masks?

Coro 01-02-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1737497)
Will you be offering more Casey Jones masks?

The order cut off from NECA is long past. If they re-supply I can order more if there is a demand. I basically carry this stuff for myself and my dromers-it doesnt really fit my marvel legends stuff which is my primary business.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 01-02-2018 01:20 PM

As a seller this stuff is hit or miss. I sold a ton of Casey masks but only one Ooze canister. I hope you'll order a lot of Shredders and Foot Soldiers when they become available for pre-order.

Coro 01-03-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1737607)
As a seller this stuff is hit or miss. I sold a ton of Casey masks but only one Ooze canister. I hope you'll order a lot of Shredders and Foot Soldiers when they become available for pre-order.

I plan to do 10-20 of shredder depending on how it turns out, but wont go over 10 on the foot.

mikemgmve 01-03-2018 11:32 AM

Curious if anyone has any defective issues with their Henson Turtles?

I pre-ordered and received all 4 directly from Entertainment Earth over he last year and a half. They've been great - even replacing my Leonardo who had a paint rub from the factory.

I recently noticed my Raphael has developed moisture on the inside of the package. All 4 were left at my doorstep - completely in the shade, all 4 have been stored in the same place in my apartment - not in any direct, or really any indirect sunlight - and he's the only one that's developed this.

I have an email out to EE customer service to see if they would offer a replacement when the next batch is released in February - but am prepared for them not to offer that as well. No harm in asking. If not, I might reach out directly to NECA.

My assumption is somewhere in the manufacturing/distribution/shipping process - he was left in a very hot place for a long time and some degradation to the plastic/paint occured? Just curious if it happened to others, etc.

RaphaelinSTL 01-03-2018 11:43 AM

A little over a month away from Toy Fair where I'm sure we'll see some new updates on the Shredder and the Foot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemgmve (Post 1737776)
Curious if anyone has any defective issues with their Henson Turtles?

I pre-ordered and received all 4 directly from Entertainment Earth over he last year and a half. They've been great - even replacing my Leonardo who had a paint rub from the factory.

I recently noticed my Raphael has developed moisture on the inside of the package. All 4 were left at my doorstep - completely in the shade, all 4 have been stored in the same place in my apartment - not in any direct, or really any indirect sunlight - and he's the only one that's developed this.

I have an email out to EE customer service to see if they would offer a replacement when the next batch is released in February - but am prepared for them not to offer that as well. No harm in asking. If not, I might reach out directly to NECA.

My assumption is somewhere in the manufacturing/distribution/shipping process - he was left in a very hot place for a long time and some degradation to the plastic/paint occured? Just curious if it happened to others, etc.

Not so much with these figures as I've opened all of them ... but something similar happened to one of my Dark Knight collection Movie Masters figures when I left them in the box. The Joker started getting some weird moisture throughout his right leg and arm and it's still pretty bad actually. I'm not the expert, but that situation can just happen sometimes from what I understand.

d_osborn 01-03-2018 10:21 PM

Could you guys shove some tiny silica gel packets without breaking the tape or messing up the boxes? Might help with the moisture.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 01-14-2018 08:55 AM

I am surprised we haven't gotten any WIP pics yet in all honesty.

xZAOx 01-14-2018 07:43 PM

ToyFair next month. I'd expect to see reveals then. Or at least some updates.