The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Original Toon Season 8 Announced - Sept. 1 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=27498)

soccerstud652 06-08-2009 12:47 PM

Original Toon Season 8 Announced - Sept. 1

Bodacious! The 25th Anniversary of everyone's favorite martial arts master Turtles continues with the first-time ever DVD release of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 8 from the classic TV series. Grab some pizza and watch as Leonardo™, Michelangelo™, Raphael™ and Donatello™ take adventure to the max in these eight shredding episodes from the classic TV series. Lionsgate Home Entertainment is offering the DVD as part of a year-long shell-ebration for the heroes-in-a-half-shell just after the franchise announced plans to release a live-action film set to debut in 2011. The DVD is packaged in a neon O-card and is competitively priced for fans of all ages!

Break out of your shell with the Complete Season 8 in these ninja powered adventures! The Green Machine is back with heart-pounding, pizza-munching, right-outta-the-sewer ninja action! The gang's all here - Michelangelo™, Leonardo™, Raphael™, and Donatello™ - and their wise sensei, Splinter, as they battle enemies from our time, and beyond, to protect the citizens of the city they call home, even banishing archenemies, Shredder™ and Krang™, to Dimension X™. Discover the intriguing, darker atmosphere and new theme song that defined this groundbreaking season. These eight dynamic adventures will get your pulse pumping with mutant power!

Edit: More info

Quote:

Lionsgate has announced that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Season 8 is on the way to DVD this September 1st. All 8 episodes of the short season from this classic '80s series are included: "Get Shredder!", "Wrath of the Rat King", "Cyber-Turtles", "State of Shock", "Cry H.A.V.O.C.! (Part 1)", "H.A.V.O.C. in the Streets (Part 2)", "Enter: Krakus (Part 3)" and "Turtle Trek". Video is full frame, and audio is English 2.0 on a single disc. Running time is 176 minutes, and the cost is $14.98 SRP. Package art isn't available just yet, but stay tuned!
Edit: Artwork

http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/TMNT_S8.jpg

DonatelloFan 06-08-2009 12:55 PM

I'm sure the first question on many people's minds will be 'I wonder if they have the lost episodes on there?'

I don't care, but I'm glad to know when the next season is being released. Only two more to go. You would think that they would just release the last three seasons at once, in different packages, on the same day. At least I think they should. But just two more left. Yay, almost complete!!

Edit: And what the hell is a Neon 'O' Card? Is it going to be packaged really cheaply, since it says it will be affordable for everyone? I'm sure we'll learn more and more the coming months, though.

soccerstud652 06-08-2009 01:07 PM

Retail price is $14.99, so I am guessing it will cost $9.99 at Amazon and Best Buy like the Season 7 "slices".

The press release does not mention bonus materials, so I guess the "lost" episodes are still in limbo.

Quote:

Lionsgate has announced that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Season 8 is on the way to DVD this September 1st. All 8 episodes of the short season from this classic '80s series are included: "Get Shredder!", "Wrath of the Rat King", "Cyber-Turtles", "State of Shock", "Cry H.A.V.O.C.! (Part 1)", "H.A.V.O.C. in the Streets (Part 2)", "Enter: Krakus (Part 3)" and "Turtle Trek". Video is full frame, and audio is English 2.0 on a single disc. Running time is 176 minutes, and the cost is $14.98 SRP. Package art isn't available just yet, but stay tuned!

oldmanwinters 06-08-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerstud652 (Post 697572)
The DVD is packaged in a neon O-card and is competitively priced for fans of all ages!

TVshowsonDVD.com is saying $14.98. Hopefully Wal-Mart and Amazon will offer it for an even more competitive price like they did with the last season. :-)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tee...Season-8/12060

EDIT:
Beaten to the punch!

CyberCubed 06-08-2009 01:13 PM

Wow, Season 8 already! Awesome.

Although we still need to get Lionsgate to release, "Once upon a time machine" and "Planet of the Turtleoids" on DVD.

Someone...we're dying here.

gobo 06-08-2009 01:16 PM

I'm fairly certain that this news suggests that those missing episodes will be saved for Season 10. It just makes more sense to use them as a purchase-incentive when their best-selling volume already has half of that season included.

Anyhow, thanks for that news, stud. :)

DonatelloFan 06-08-2009 01:43 PM

For only 8 episodes, which I'm assuming will be on just one disc, I won't pay $15. $10 seems like a decent price, but $15?

Thanks for the episode list, too. I can't wait for this season to be released. Not that I think I'll like it, I just want to go ahead and get every season in my collection. Amazingly, I STILL don't have Season 5. Don't know why, but I just never have gotten it.

Dom 06-08-2009 02:28 PM

I wish these would come out in the UK:ohwell:

gobo 06-08-2009 02:54 PM

Why does this thread now say September 8th? TSoD says the 1st. Where was the 8th mentioned? Other than here, I mean.

soccerstud652 06-08-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobo (Post 697601)
Why does this thread now say September 8th? TSoD says the 1st. Where was the 8th mentioned? Other than here, I mean.

Typo on my part.

Edit: Can a mod change the title so it will appear correctly in the forum? I tried, but it won't update the date.

CyberCubed 06-08-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonatelloFan (Post 697589)
For only 8 episodes, which I'm assuming will be on just one disc, I won't pay $15. $10 seems like a decent price, but $15?

The season 7 slices only had like 6-8 episodes a piece for the same price. Its no different than the last release.

DonatelloFan 06-08-2009 03:05 PM

I paid $10 a piece for each Season 7 release, so if YOU paid more than that, you got duped in my opinion. But if you don't care to pay that for it, go right ahead. I just personally won't pay more than $10 for that many episodes.

Edit: And Sept. 1st instead of Sept. 8th, that's awesome. Even sooner...

CyberCubed 06-08-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonatelloFan (Post 697605)
I paid $10 a piece for each Season 7 release, so if YOU paid more than that, you got duped in my opinion. But if you don't care to pay that for it, go right ahead. I just personally won't pay more than $10 for that many episodes.

I got them for $9.99 too. I'm sure this will be $9.99 as well online at least.

GodzFire 06-08-2009 03:12 PM

Of course, it'd kill them to include the 3 episodes they've forgotten to make it a total of 11 and actually worth the price.

ToTheNines 06-08-2009 03:29 PM

What the **** is going on? I just checked my calendar and it has NOT been over a year yet!!!!

TheUltimateShredhead 06-08-2009 03:34 PM

What's up with all tm's?... anyway, glad to hear the new season is coming this year, whould appriciate some source though.

Ioz 06-08-2009 03:53 PM

It is nice to see season 8 coming out so quickly. It is too bad we probably aren't getting any of the missing episodes as a "bonus" on it. Hopefully, the season 10 set has the 3 missing episodes since some episodes of season 10 have already been released on DVD.

TheUltimateShredhead 06-08-2009 04:22 PM

I would hope for the missing eps on there own dvd, but i have mentioned that before though. I'll guess we have to keep bringing it up in some form untill something done about it.

VaughnMichael 06-08-2009 05:51 PM

Ohhh i'm so excited, but I do hope they make some nice box art to reflect the change in the tone and look of the series.

Dark 5cythe 06-08-2009 07:59 PM

how many seasons was th show anyway? 11?