The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What is Splinter in the Upcoming 2018 Series? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59600)

matteso586 02-15-2018 12:44 PM

What is Splinter in the Upcoming 2018 Series?

As the title implies, what do you think 2018 Splinter is? And by 2018 series, I mean Rise of the TMNT. Just so we're clear.

CyberCubed 02-15-2018 12:58 PM

I think Rob Paulsen said he was human? I don't know for sure though.

His hairstyle looks like a Feudal Japanese man's, so who knows.

FredWolfLeonardo 02-15-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1746440)
I think Rob Paulsen said he was human? I don't know for sure though.

His hairstyle looks like a Feudal Japanese man's, so who knows.

Rob Paulsen said he has always been a Mutant Rat, most likely misunderstanding the question.

I think he will be a normal rat this time after the Nick toon made him a human originally like the Original Cartoon.

newfan 02-15-2018 01:42 PM

Don't remember hearing Yoshi mentioned in that reveal but the word Human came up, I don't want to ask a stupid thing like: Is it safe to assume it would be Yoshi (If he was human) given the origin is supposed to be different? or is that going too far into 'not TMNT' territory here? Yoshi's father?

neatoman 02-15-2018 01:55 PM

Since Rise seems to... ahem... wear it's influence on it's sleeves, I'd say it fairly safe to assume he started out as a rat.

Vicky82 02-15-2018 02:01 PM

As the new villain Baron Draxum turns humans into mutants, looks like Splinter used to be human.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-15-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1746479)
As the new villain Baron Draxum turns humans into mutants, looks like Splinter used to be human.

I've heard rumours about the turtles starting as humans in the 2018 series too. Maybe it's true.

newfan 02-15-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1746492)
I've heard rumours about the turtles starting as humans in the 2018 series too. Maybe it's true.

Well if that was the case, imagine they looked more human and had hair etc, those designs wouldn't have gone down well.:lol:

CyberCubed 02-15-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1746492)

No they are not, nothing was ever said about that. Stop believing random speculation people on social media say.

Vicky82 02-15-2018 02:31 PM

As the Turtles are different species and if they were human, then that means they could still be brothers by blood and Splinter is there biological father.

FredWolfLeonardo 02-15-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1746499)
As the Turtles are different species and if they were human, then that means they could still be brothers by blood and Splinter is there biological father.

Thats a great idea! :D

I would love to see them all being humans originally. Its also a perfect set up to make Baron Draxum the big bad.

CyberCubed 02-15-2018 02:40 PM

They are not humans, the Turtles being different Turtle species already makes it obvious they started as Turtles.

newfan 02-15-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1746504)
They are not humans, the Turtles being different Turtle species already makes it obvious they started as Turtles.

4 different turtles species being mutated or 4 humans being mutated with different turtles species could both work ... but, I don't think they were human either...
Plus I'd kinda feel bad for them if they were.

FredWolfLeonardo 02-15-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Its possible they all had pet turtles originally and merged with them or something.

We'll find out soon enough.

Vicky82 02-15-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Jesus Cube are you afraid of this becoming real or something. We are only speculating or are we not not allowed to do that here.

I'm only going by this theory of the Turtles and Splinter used to be human because of this.

Quote:

He'll play an original villain named Baron Draxum, an alchemist warrior mutant who seeks to turn all of humanity into mutants.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...lodeon-1073610

So if you don't like us talking about the turtles used to be human theory, then put us on ignore.

Powder 02-15-2018 03:10 PM

He's just concerned about people spreading false rumors, which happens a lot, & mostly generates outrage in the fandom.

FredWolfLeonardo 02-15-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1746521)
Jesus Cube are you afraid of this becoming real or something. We are only speculating or are we not not allowed to do that here.

I'm only going by this theory of the Turtles and Splinter used to be human because of this.

Since Baron Draxum can turn humans into magically, he could've easily mutated 4 human brothers into different species of turtles just for fun, thinking that "these guys can't touch me".

I'm really interested in seeing how on Origin without Shredder turns out if thats the case.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-15-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1746525)
I'm really interested in seeing how on Origin without Shredder turns out if thats the case.

Or if Shredder will appear at all.

victory_angel 02-15-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1746525)
Since Baron Draxum can turn humans into magically, he could've easily mutated 4 human brothers into different species of turtles just for fun, thinking that "these guys can't touch me".

Splinter is discribed as being their teacher and father figure. So if they did start out as human the four Turtles wouldn’t have been able to go home to their parents and instead were taken in by a man who had been subjected to the same mutation they had and trained in Ninjitsu.

It’s likely that Draxum may have created the Turtles and Splinter as an experiment years prior to the series beginning. Which would mean the Turtles would have still been in diapers if they had been human.

sdp 02-15-2018 08:53 PM

I keep hearing there are leaks of the TMNT being humans in this version. #readyforthenewnew