The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Do you get along with your neighbours? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59983)

Prowler 05-18-2018 06:29 PM

Do you get along with your neighbours?

Neighbours... I notice a lot of people seem to have problems with one of their neighbours or eventually gets an annoying/terrible one.

I don't really have any sort of relationship with my neighbours. I know them by face but not by name. I just awkwardly greet them when I run into them and they awkwardly greet me back as well. Then again, I live in a large city, so it's not that common for people to know their neighbours as compared to people who live in smaller towns and in villages.

So I'd say it's fine. I'd take a neighbour whose name I don't even know over an annoying one who makes a ton of noise.

What about you? Does anyone have any bad neighbour stories? I'm curious.

CyberCubed 05-18-2018 07:39 PM

Since I am in an apartment nobody knows each other in the building, neighbors might as well be non-existent. Nobody talks to each other in apartment buildings.

Prowler 05-18-2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1760313)
Since I am in an apartment nobody knows each other in the building, neighbors might as well be non-existent. Nobody talks to each other in apartment buildings.

Yep, same here.

I sometimes think it must be nice to live in a big house, though. Your closest neighbour could live rather far from you and thus you never listen to any noise. And also being able to play music on your speakers past dinner time and not worrying of bothering anyone around you.

MsMarvelDuckie 05-18-2018 08:29 PM

What kind of building do you live in where no one knows each other? I'm in an apartment too, and am on first name basis with just about all of my neighbors. One of them I DO find annoying/a pain, but I get along well with all of them just the same. We've even become friends with a few of our neighbors in the past.

FredWolfLeonardo 05-18-2018 08:32 PM

Quite close to my neighbours. We meet every so often, and other than the whole getting to meet new people, its always nice to have backup incase something goes wrong in your house.

One is really good at repairing furniture, so I went to him after having broken my chair rather than having it repaired at a store for for a high price. All he needed was a six pack of Beer and it was all set :lol:

Prowler 05-18-2018 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1760324)
What kind of building do you live in where no one knows each other? I'm in an apartment too, and am on first name basis with just about all of my neighbors. One of them I DO find annoying/a pain, but I get along well with all of them just the same. We've even become friends with a few of our neighbors in the past.

Well I don't know if some of my neighbpurs know each other by name or not. Some probably do. I don't though.

Most of my neighbours seem to be older (middle aged). There aren't really any circumstances where I could see myself nefriending them. Also, I live in a big city. It's kind of normal for people not to know most of the prople in their area.

MsMarvelDuckie 05-18-2018 08:50 PM

I was mostly replying to Cubed, but I guess it applies equally to you as well. We've had neighbors of varying ages- in fact we are still friends with an older couple who lived next to us until very recently. I just don't understand the mentality of not even nodding or saying hello to your neighbors, even in a big city. Here, people say hi as they pass each other coming home or leaving, we invite neighbors over to parties (like Halloween or the Super Bowl) and we make an attempt to at least get to know each other a bit. It's just common courtesy and being neighborly. Heck, even apartment tenants in tv shows at least know who their neighbors are, even if they might not all be good friends or whatever. That's normal. Never lived anywhere that it WASN'T the case, in fact.

Prowler 05-18-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1760332)
I was mostly replying to Cubed, but I guess it applies equally to you as well. We've had neighbors of varying ages- in fact we are still friends with an older couple who lived next to us until very recently. I just don't understand the mentality of not even nodding or saying hello to your neighbors, even in a big city. Here, people say hi as they pass each other coming home or leaving, we invite neighbors over to parties (like Halloween or the Super Bowl) and we make an attempt to at least get to know each other a bit. It's just common courtesy and being neighborly. Heck, even apartment tenants in tv shows at least know who their neighbors are, even if they might not all be good friends or whatever. That's normal. Never lived anywhere that it WASN'T the case, in fact.

I greet my neighbours(the ones who live in my building) if I run into them. They do the same too. It would be impolite not to do so.

But people who live in other apartments/houses in my area? No. And I don't consider them neighbours.

Sumac 05-18-2018 09:01 PM

I have neighbors?!

MsMarvelDuckie 05-18-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1760333)
I greet my neighbours(the ones who live in my building) if I run into them. They do the same too. It would be impolite not to do so.

But people who live in other apartments/houses in my area? No. And I don't consider them neighbours.

Well, no, obviously not, unless you see them frequently, of course. I was referring more to others who live in close proximity, like in the same building, or the house next door, etc.....

Prowler 05-18-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumac (Post 1760336)
I have neighbors?!

I bet in Russia you can easily live 2 hours away from your closest neighbours :p

ABrown 05-19-2018 11:29 AM

I've got a smokin hot neighbor that ironically is always out on her balcony smoking. Do I get along with her, absolutely.

Prowler 05-19-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1760394)
I've got a smokin hot neighbor that ironically is always out on her balcony smoking. Do I get along with her, absolutely.

How WELL do you get along with her?

Also, smoking is a turn off.

FredWolfLeonardo 05-19-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1760398)
Also, smoking is a turn off.

For women maybe, I've met alot of people who told me that men look cooler when smoking.

newfan 05-19-2018 12:49 PM

I don't like smoking, no offense to the person, they can do that if they want, I just generally I don't like to be around it.

Prowler 05-19-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1760406)
For women maybe, I've met alot of people who told me that men look cooler when smoking.

If that woman is also a smoker than I can imagine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfan (Post 1760407)
I don't like smoking, no offense to the person, they can do that if they want, I just generally I don't like to be around it.

Yep. I hate sitting next to a smoker. The indoor smoking ban law passed in 2007 was one of the best things ever done here. I hated goign to a small café/restaurant and it being filled with smokers.

DarkFell 05-19-2018 09:18 PM

It depends on the neighbors.

If they are friendly, then yes.

If they are ***holes, then no.

Cure 05-19-2018 09:23 PM

I don't know my neighbors.

Sumac 05-19-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1760340)
I bet in Russia you can easily live 2 hours away from your closest neighbours :p

Indeed.
Not in my case, though. I live in apartment complex (I think that's how you called that in US of A), so I do have neighbors living next door to me. In fact, I have three of them, but I am not a people's person, so I know next to nothing about them.

Storm Eagle 05-20-2018 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1760406)

And you believe them?