The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Questions/Comments/Suggestions (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Question] Password problem --Urgent (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60174)

Klunk1234 07-02-2018 12:21 AM

Password problem --Urgent

I tried to help a friend of mine; his name is Donny's computer84. He absolutely can't enter into the forum. No matter what kind of password you have send to him, the site said is it the wrong one when its not. I'm getting frustrated because I'm not able to help him. If he re- register he will lose his current account. He and I were joined this forum back in November 2012.
Any suggestions Krang?

Casey 07-02-2018 01:05 AM

I don’t mean to be a downer, but my roommate has been trying to get her account activated for over a month. I’m wondering how many other people are.

MikeandRaph87 07-02-2018 07:08 AM

Someone really needs to gwt a line to Krang. He logs in to mark the Halloween adversary of this site and that is it. He does not even log on to fix usernames for people any more. Last new person he granted to register was 4 months ago. If one of the active moderators have an email to him its the best chance.

Klunk1234 07-02-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1767759)
Someone really needs to gwt a line to Krang. He logs in to mark the Halloween adversary of this site and that is it. He does not even log on to fix usernames for people any more. Last new person he granted to register was 4 months ago. If one of the active moderators have an email to him its the best chance.

What about that Jester guy, one of the moderators? Is he still active? If Krang won't take his responsibilities, then it's time for him to go away so other moderator can take his place..

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-02-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klunk1234 (Post 1767763)
What about that Jester guy, one of the moderators? Is he still active? If Krang won't take his responsibilities, then it's time for him to go away so other moderator can take his place..

Krang's not a mod, he's THE guy. I don't remember the specific title.

But nobody else has his abilities, so unfortunately, you're SOL for now. :tsad:

Cure 07-02-2018 08:15 AM

Administrator is the word for which you're looking.

MikeandRaph87 07-02-2018 08:47 AM

I hate autocorrect on phones. Anniversary not adversary.:roll:

Yes, its like assistant principals opposed to principals. They have some authority over others but are limited. Its like the assistant principal can give give a ban/suspension, but cannot give a ten day or longer. The three things the website administrator Krang can do that no moderator can do is 1. permanent ban users 2. change usernames 3. approve people attempting to register.

One thing that might restrain new registered users is the last time Krang approved a batch it did not go over very well. We had three banned members return under new aliases and maybe one other person who did not stick around along with Dan Slott himself who had to wait a full calendar season. Who knows if Mew Goku,and Commentator42 are among the users awaiting approval again? It would seem like Krang sees it in his email opposed to logging in here and it would not take long to do so I am not sure why the particular hold up, but the last time he did I can understand why.

Casey 07-02-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1767759)

I reached out to Jester and another mod. They sent emails too. How can you see the 4 months thing?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-02-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1767769)
Administrator is the word for which you're looking.

That's the one! Gracias

MikeandRaph87 07-02-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey (Post 1767782)
I reached out to Jester and another mod. They sent emails too. How can you see the 4 months thing?

It has more than 3 months since the last person made a thread in the Introduction section.

Redeemer 07-02-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klunk1234 (Post 1767763)

You realize Krang is the administrator and owner of this site right??? He has run this site since the beginning giving up his time and even money so that we can have this community right??? He unfortunately has not been around for the last year or two, but he probably got busy with life.

Unfortunately Krang is the only one who has access to everyone's accounts.

Klunk1234 07-02-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 1767787)
You realize Krang is the administrator and owner of this site right??? He has run this site since the beginning giving up his time and even money so that we can have this community right??? He unfortunately has not been around for the last year or two, but he probably got busy with life.

Unfortunately Krang is the only one who has access to everyone's accounts.

I know that very well. Ok? But if he can't run this site anymore, at least he can have the Courtesy of let us know. He can't throw current members or potential new ones under the bus.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-02-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klunk1234 (Post 1767792)
I know that very well. Ok? But if he can't run this site anymore, at least he can have the Courtesy of let us know. He can't throw current members or potential new ones under the bus.

Well, if he ever comes back, you be sure to tell him that. :trazz:

I prefer to think of it as a gated community, keeping the Three Stooges out.

Klunk1234 07-02-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1767794)
Well, if he ever comes back, you be sure to tell him that. :trazz:

I prefer to think of it as a gated community, keeping the Three Stooges out.

I did. I sent that message directly to him. Also, I sent a message to Jester to reach Krang out.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-02-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klunk1234 (Post 1767796)
I did. I sent that message directly to him. Also, I sent a message to Jester to reach Krang out.

Good luck!

Klunk1234 07-02-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1767797)
Good luck!

Thank you so much.

Powder 07-02-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klunk1234 (Post 1767792)

They really don't owe anyone anything. The fact they still pay to keep this site running despite the fact its been nearly burned to the ground by people who shove their identity politics into every single thread is a miracle in itself. One I'm extremely grateful for, mind you. Jester & the other mods don't have their powers, either, & I'm not even sure they can be granted them as they are not administrators/site owners. Additionally, I doubt they want the additional responsibility as their real lives have proven busy enough to keep them from here in their current capacity as it stands.

Your "friend", eh? When y'all first joined, everyone was certain that was actually you on a dupe account, because you always posted at the same time, said similar things, & you even mistakenly commented on his profile using the wrong username, outing yourself. You explained this away by saying you were "brothers". Hmm... :tlol: Anyway, I doubt anything can be done for him, it's not like Krang is just gonna open an account to someone who claims they're the owner, they'd need solid proof. They're not being "thrown under the bus" if the problem cannot be resolved.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-02-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1767842)
Your "friend", eh? When y'all first joined, everyone was certain that was actually you on a dupe account, because you always posted at the same time, said similar things, & you even mistakenly commented on his profile using the wrong username, outing yourself. You explained this away by saying you were "brothers". Hmm... :tlol: Anyway, I doubt anything can be done for him, it's not like Krang is just gonna open an account to someone who claims they're the owner, they'd need solid proof. They're not being "thrown under the bus" if the problem cannot be resolved.

I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

IndigoErth 07-02-2018 06:46 PM

Understandable that life changes, people get busy, and interests change... but he really should have maybe considered handing that access over to someone trustworthy who at least is still interested enough to stop by the site now and then.

TurtleWA 07-02-2018 09:28 PM

Maybe just double check your junk/spam folder in email. Just in case an activation link snuck in. Idk :tsmile:

FredWolfLeonardo 07-02-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleWA (Post 1767887)
Maybe just double check your junk/spam folder in email. Just in case an activation link snuck in. Idk :tsmile:

First time I joined the forums the email sent to me by the forums also went straight to the Junk/Spam folder.

TurtleWA 07-02-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1767889)
First time I joined the forums the email sent to me by the forums also went straight to the Junk/Spam folder.

Yeah it’s weird sometimes the most legit email can end up in that folder.

DarkFell 07-03-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleWA (Post 1767898)
Yeah it’s weird sometimes the most legit email can end up in that folder.

That can happen with any type of email message, regardless of where it comes from.

I really don't remember if the 'Click To Join' link for this forum went to my Spam Folder or not. But, it's rather clever if you think about it because if you click to activate your account, that link (even if it's activated just for that one time), is pretty much useless afterwards and it's just waiting for you to delete it, along with any actual spam that you might receive.

TurtleWA 07-03-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkFell (Post 1767927)
That can happen with any type of email message, regardless of where it comes from.

I really don't remember if the 'Click To Join' link for this forum went to my Spam Folder or not. But, it's rather clever if you think about it because if you click to activate your account, that link (even if it's activated just for that one time), is pretty much useless afterwards and it's just waiting for you to delete it, along with any actual spam that you might receive.

Yeah. It’s worth checking that folder every once in awhile. I never know what I’m going to find.

Klunk1234 07-06-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1767842)
They really don't owe anyone anything. The fact they still pay to keep this site running despite the fact its been nearly burned to the ground by people who shove their identity politics into every single thread is a miracle in itself. One I'm extremely grateful for, mind you. Jester & the other mods don't have their powers, either, & I'm not even sure they can be granted them as they are not administrators/site owners. Additionally, I doubt they want the additional responsibility as their real lives have proven busy enough to keep them from here in their current capacity as it stands.

Jester and Krang know that Donny's and I have different accounts, Ms/ Mr.Powder, I assume you are a girl or a very young boy (age 10) because of your username. My username is after a cat, (Mikey's cat) and also is the name of my kitty. So, little Miss/ or little boy don't assume what you don't know. And the relationship that I have with Donny's computer84 is not your business.

Powder 07-06-2018 10:15 PM

I'm merely stating facts and observations, comrade. Dunno what's with the borderline sexist comments, though.

ProphetofGanja 07-06-2018 10:15 PM

Wtf is even going on in this thread...

But this makes me think of a real question: when this site eventally shuts down where is everybody gonna hang out at? What other decent forums are left now days?

FredWolfLeonardo 07-06-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja (Post 1768301)
Wtf is even going on in this thread...

But this makes me think of a real question: when this site eventally shuts down where is everybody gonna hang out at? What other decent forums are left now days?

There is the Discord server atleast.

Klunk1234 07-06-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1768300)
I'm merely stating facts and observations, comrade. Dunno what's with the borderline sexist comments, though.

Wait a minute! What the heck are you taking about?. I don't know if I'm talking to a guy or a gal. I'm a gal by the way. Sorry "comrade"

CyberCubed 07-06-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klunk1234 (Post 1768305)
Wait a minute! What the heck are you taking about?. I don't know if I'm talking to a guy or a gal. I'm a gal by the way. Sorry "comrade"

Powder is a guy in his mid 20's, I don't see what it has to do with anything though. Most people don't know each others genders online unless we say so, etc.

As for the forums, my guess is it's on its last legs as Krang has probably finally lost interest. I imagine they'll still be up to about 2020, but I dunno about how long after.

Leo656 07-06-2018 11:08 PM

Make him an offer.

Candy Kappa 07-07-2018 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klunk1234 (Post 1768305)

That makes this jerkface moment okay?:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klunk1234 (Post 1768298)
little Miss/ or little boy .

nice try to belittle someone:roll:

Klunk1234 07-10-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1768309)
Powder is a guy in his mid 20's, I don't see what it has to do with anything though. Most people don't know each others genders online unless we say so, etc.

As for the forums, my guess is it's on its last legs as Krang has probably finally lost interest. I imagine they'll still be up to about 2020, but I dunno about how long after.

You are right, Cyber about people's usernames. Without Krang this forum is basically headless. He is responsible to continue it or close it for good. The forum is 19 years old. Will be 20 next year. Let's see what happen.

Krang 09-26-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klunk1234 (Post 1767745)
I tried to help a friend of mine; his name is Donny's computer84. He absolutely can't enter into the forum. No matter what kind of password you have send to him, the site said is it the wrong one when its not. I'm getting frustrated because I'm not able to help him. If he re- register he will lose his current account. He and I were joined this forum back in November 2012.
Any suggestions Krang?

So he's getting an incorrect password error? Has he tried resetting his password? Has he tried a different web browser?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey (Post 1767747)
I don’t mean to be a downer, but my roommate has been trying to get her account activated for over a month. I’m wondering how many other people are.

I approved hundreds of accounts over the last few days, and I implemented a new process to help make approval faster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1767778)
One thing that might restrain new registered users is the last time Krang approved a batch it did not go over very well. We had three banned members return under new aliases and maybe one other person who did not stick around along with Dan Slott himself who had to wait a full calendar season.

That's true, but the even bigger problem is spammers. It's not as easy as it used to be to tell them apart from legitimate users, and that's the biggest issue that's slowing down approvals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1768309)

The forums are here to stay.