The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FW 87 TMNT complete series dvd in turtle van box. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38904)

zodiac brave 01-31-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1050125)
Still would've liked a Technodrome package! Would've been cool to get a choice, either turtle van or the Drome

that woulda been cool! online it could've been made to order. that isn't too much of a stretch, seeing as how warner bros has a HUGE chunk of their properties at the warner archive thing, where all the dvd sets are made to order. i doubt they woulda tossed that much money at the production of the set anyway, though.

snake 02-03-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1050125)
Still would've liked a Technodrome package! Would've been cool to get a choice, either turtle van or the Drome

I would've bought the drome.

shreddinghead 02-03-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 988105)
And just when I bought each DVD as they came out...

Same here.

Longview01 02-05-2013 10:55 PM

Mine turned up yesterday

Yorae 02-05-2013 11:02 PM

Hm, I still having an internal struggle on whether to get this or just complete my single DVDs collection. (I have up to season 5 in individual releases)

I guess not having seperate DVD covers for the discs is a turn off for me.

joefsas 02-12-2013 05:31 AM

Sorry to ask this as i'm pretty sure it's been discussed already but i'm not reading through 16 pages lol.
Is this available in the UK?

Hardshell 02-12-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorae (Post 1053800)
Hm, I still having an internal struggle on whether to get this or just complete my single DVDs collection. (I have up to season 5 in individual releases)

I guess not having seperate DVD covers for the discs is a turn off for me.

The collection really is worth it, especially if you don't have all of the single-discs. I actually like the more uniformed disc art with this release too.

pferreira 02-14-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefsas (Post 1057429)
Sorry to ask this as i'm pretty sure it's been discussed already but i'm not reading through 16 pages lol.

Unfortunately it's not. :cry:

CyberCubed 02-15-2013 10:06 PM

Did this come down in price over the new year?

zodiac brave 02-16-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1059531)
Did this come down in price over the new year?

https://www.google.com/

i mean, you do have net access right now.

Pterobat 02-16-2013 01:05 AM

I'm glad this thing came out, just as I was getting back into TMNT.

I have season 1 and 2 on their separate DVDs, and went through a phase where I thought I would not need to see all of the OT, just the episodes I thought I would like. But as time went on, I realized I should try to watch all of it, and therefore acquire all of it.

(And the bizarre arrangement of the original episode sets was an influence there, too).

So this came out. I prefer the Party Van set over a Technodrome set because reasons, but I agree it's not the sturdiest DVD packaging, and I've moved my disks to a CD wallet and keeping the Party Van as a display case.

Also, thanks to a hot tip from these forums, I got it discounted at Costco. :)

Tuxedo Moroboshi 02-16-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pterobat (Post 1059568)
Also, thanks to a hot tip from these forums, I got it discounted at Costco. :)

What price did you get it for? Also, is it their normal price or is it a temporary sale?

Pterobat 02-16-2013 05:13 PM

I got mine for $63.99 Canadian or so. Actually, I suggested it to my family for a present, and didn't go there to get it myself, since it was the holiday season, and Costco is difficult for my carless self to get to.

I assume it would be the regular price for the set at that store, given that Costco is a discount/overstock chain (I once got the Andrews and McMeel hardcover Calvin and Hobbes collection for half price). I have no idea if they are still selling them, however, since Costco has a fast turnover rate.

dudeabides 02-19-2013 09:09 PM

I'm loving my van collection, I watch a couple episodes every night after work. I'm glad they put them all together since I had not bought the season sets. The packaging is cool looking but you have to pull the top off to explain every time someone sees it that it isn't a toy. I get really careful going from one disc to another in that van, especially in the dark because it's kinda like that old operation game trying not to let any of the discs touch.

Storm Eagle 03-20-2013 11:29 PM

The set looks like it has been discontinued now. This link to the DVD Empire listing says it is.
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...tem_id=1626795

Not even Amazon looks like they're selling it anymore.
http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...=Ninja+Turtles

That was fast.

TheCanadiandrome 03-20-2013 11:51 PM

Ah well, here's hoping it sold well

Storm Eagle 03-21-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1074039)
Ah well, here's hoping it sold well

Hopefully they'll re-issue it with a different kind of packaging. One that's more reasonable, and can actually fit on a shelf the way regular packaging for DVD sets do.

Longview01 03-21-2013 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefsas (Post 1057429)

Sorry its not, i'm from the UK myself and used some guy on ebay to get it sent over

ryukenden 03-21-2013 09:34 AM

This was certainly a nice keepsake. I happen to have my Turtle Van set right next to my TMNT Classics as well.

Gwydion 03-21-2013 07:08 PM

Aw crud, I still haven't gotten my hands on it - only found out about it a couple of weeks ago and I was hoping to hold off until June when I would have a little extra cash.