The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   July 2018 Solicitations (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59861)

AlZarkovski 04-18-2018 06:19 AM

July 2018 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #84

(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (A/CA) Dave Wachter (CA) Michele Pasta

"Kingdom of Rats" Part 4. The TMNT come face to face with possibly their most powerful adversary yet-- The Rat King! Will they be able to defeat him before he makes all of NYC his twisted domain?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #24

(W) Ryan Ferrier (A) Freddie Williams II (CA) Pablo Tunica

Michelangelo and Mondo must make a difficult decision to save a friend's life... and their own!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Urban Legends #3

(W) Gary Carlson (A/CA) Frank Fosco

In this issue, Leonardo desperately seeks out the lost Master Splinter and the badly wounded Donatello via the Astral Plane, while Mikey and Raph are caught in a fight for their lives against Pimiko and her attacking minions!

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #0

(W) Matthew K. Manning (A/CA) Chad Thomas

A new age of mutant madness begins with the Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! This special zero issue is your very first look at the new adventures the guys in green will be getting into this fall! Will the TMNT be able to master their new weapons, or will the weapons master them?!

ChosenOne 04-18-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlZarkovski (Post 1756147)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #84

(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (A/CA) Dave Wachter

"Kingdom of Rats" Part 4. The TMNT come face to face with possibly their most powerful adversary yet-- The Rat King! Will they be able to defeat him before he makes all of NYC his twisted domain?

That Rat King cover... Cannot unsee.

AlZarkovski 04-18-2018 08:04 AM

Added new cover in #1 post.

AquaParade 04-18-2018 08:13 AM

Great job, IDW. I have no interest in “Rise” but seeing it’s comic alongside Image reprints and IDW, really highlights how much variety they are trying to bring to the table.

spookycookies 04-18-2018 09:05 AM

Looks like Mikey and Mondo are trying to save Slash..love that third cover!

I have zero interest in Rise I guess it’s good to have a book for kids who do watch it to get into comics and maybe pick up the main books later on.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-18-2018 09:15 AM

Awesome stuff, one and all.

Except for Rise, which doesn't interest me. but hopefully it makes some bucks for IDW.

Utrommaniac 04-18-2018 12:44 PM

That was...quick to face the Rat King. Kinda thought they'd go through the line of siblings first. Unless they do several at once in the last few.

Agreeing that the the M Boys are trying to save Slash. Which should be interesting.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-18-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1756190)
That was...quick to face the Rat King. Kinda thought they'd go through the line of siblings first. Unless they do several at once in the last few.

Agreeing that the the M Boys are trying to save Slash. Which should be interesting.

Yeah, I really thought we'd be seeing Jagwar in this one...

And yeah, it's about time the Mutanimals tried to rescue Slash!

ChosenOne 04-18-2018 01:01 PM

Is Kingdom of Rats a 4-parter or a 5-parter? Do we know?

CyberCubed 04-18-2018 01:03 PM

Is this the first time Mike and Mondo teamed up in the IDW universe? It's about time.

TurtleWA 04-18-2018 01:30 PM

The Rise cover looks very uninspired. I think it’s straight copy and paste from other promotional art. Sad!

Universe #24 cover is cool. Reminds me of all the Archie covers with Mikey and Mondo.

Utrommaniac 04-18-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1756198)
Yeah, I really thought we'd be seeing Jagwar in this one...

Give us the cat lady!

I did realize that...why didn't they go to Aka first thing? She's already taken their side on multiple occasions and would be agreeable to helping with the Rat King right away.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-18-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1756215)
Give us the cat lady!

I did realize that...why didn't they go to Aka first thing? She's already taken their side on multiple occasions and would be agreeable to helping with the Rat King right away.

Oooh, good point...

Utrommaniac 04-18-2018 02:11 PM

I think it's because Toad Baron is the only one they know absolutely sure of his location. And story-wise, Aka would make things too easy.

She'd probably just get up and drag Rat King away from New York bridge by the ear :P

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-18-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1756218)
I think it's because Toad Baron is the only one they know absolutely sure of his location. And story-wise, Aka would make things too easy.

She'd probably just get up and drag Rat King away from New York bridge by the ear :P

Or maybe we'd get a hellacious plot twist where Rat King murders Aka.

Don't count out the Rat King... dude's evil. :tgrin:

Utrommaniac 04-18-2018 02:23 PM

It IS the Pantheon, who've been murdering each other for ages, so...hmmm.

Ninjinister 04-22-2018 05:39 PM

That regular cover for 84 is creepy as hell. I love it.

Joey Kamikaze 05-28-2018 10:36 PM

Is it just me, or is that cover for TMNTU a homage to TMNTA #18? I mean, with Mikey and Mondo skateboarding.

I will probably pick up Rise of the TMNT for my six year old niece. I've already managed to turn her into a Star Wars nut with Adventures, so maybe it's time to pass on another nerdy obsession. :)