The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Official Episode Discussion: #25 "Booyakasha Showdown" (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=43934)

Machias Banshee 08-02-2013 10:20 PM

Official Episode Discussion: #25 "Booyakasha Showdown"

"Booyakasha Showdown" Thursday Aug 8 @ 8PM

Thank you Youtube!

Wow, it's amazing to think we've already come to the end of our first season. And a LOT has happened!

We've met our newest version of the turtles. A little younger, but still your friendly neighborhood turtles from the past. They've gotten new weapons, new skills, new weird head splortches for their emotions. :embarass: Leo is just a beginner in the world of leadership, and Splinter is a tough teacher. Donnie is quite the journeyman in countless backgrounds, whether if it's metal fabrication (shellraiser), genetic testing (Parasitica) and Robotics (Metalhead)... yet he's powerless against the will of the heart. Raph is still the local hothead and sarcastic turd ever ready to give his brothers a hard time. And then Mike, who... looks like he's been licking the pipes a little too much. But he still has his moments of clarity..

We've met a new Splinter. Hamato Yoshi, a proud Clansman and brand new father who is violently stripped of his livelihood and family, because of a fierce rivalry that we know sadly so little about, other than some tidbits of story and a mysterious picture... He tries to start over anew in New York. A simple trip to the pet shop to adopt some baby turtles puts his life in a direction nobody could have ever predicted. Torn between man and beast, he clings to his humanity and tries to pass it to his children.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...inalePhoto.png
If we could only just see him get Involved with his children's battles... it IS all connected to his own actions in Japan. Let's hope that we see Splinter get up and help the boys this time. It sounds like they're going to have their hands full... A real "Sins of the Father" type situation. WHY is he doing nothing to help them?

Then we have April... she's been an interesting version, to say the least. Almost Mary Sue-ish in many ways - too conveniently perfect for completely unpredictable situations. She seemed just a random person stolen from the street with her dad, but they are far from random. We've seen her do everything with them from helping with snooping on Shredder's henchmen staff meetings to talking to animals and hearing voices from giant pearly balls found hidden in the sewers. Plus now Splinter's trying to train her to be a kunoichi, because of some natural gift of hearing the universe. Somehow she can hold her own against even someone as skilled as Karai.. hopefully Karai doesn't employ any tree soldiers.
http://i.imgur.com/N4aH53W.gif
Thanks Martinf!

Now there's a possibility she could be some sort of hybrid experiment blending Earth and Dimension X genetics..? Let us not forget this past week's episode...Donatello rescues her scientist dad from a Detention Center (which he really emphasizes for some strange reason), and has been fashioned with a newfangled port in his neck. He could either be a Kraang-made human, or a brainwashed zombalien/puppet that can be plugged into your iPhone to play music. April's a weird one this time, but seeing her training and using the weapons has been fun... AND the puppy crush with Donnie. This new communication ball - pearl - turnstone a la the Archies Universe. What is her connection with the Kraang? HOW does she and her Dad fit into all of this?

The evil union of the Kraang and Shredder just makes things more complicated. The Kraang have done some strange things to the sewer water, burned a giant hole into the crust of the earth to create a volcano (?), brought Dimension X atmosphere and natives to earth (Traag!), and have experimented with ooze on some of the local flora and fauna (Poor Justin...). The Kraang are gearing up to do some sort of invasion, and somehow the Foot Clan is helping, maybe in funding, maybe in arms trade... who knows. Money and weapons are flying around, and people are dying in growing numbers...
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...aiShredder.jpg
Thanks TheCollector!
Karai's been at the head of finding out about the Kraang and their usefulness, but she's a family-sized can of worms as it is. There's been controversy about her even before the show had started, with the assumption that she is in fact the lost daughter of Hamato Yoshi, plucked from the fires and raised to hate her own birth father. Not that she doesn't give her current father crap for a time or two... besides, what she doesn't know won't hurt her, right?

There's just so much to expect in this season finale, I'm glad that the writers decided to make it an hour long special. And then, we won't have to wait long for the next season. :)

So...

WILL WE FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO DR KIRBY?!
DOES KARAI FIND OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT HER PARENTS?!
IS SPLINTER GOING TO FINALLY STAND UP AND HELP HIS SONS?!
WHAT THE HECK IS APRIL AND WHY IS SHE SO IMPORTANT TO THE KRAANG?!
IS LEONARDO GONNA NEED A SPATULA TO GET SCRAPED OFF OF THE SIDEWALK?!

Stay Tuned!

Machias Banshee 08-08-2013 07:03 PM

Poll on it's way!

Donatello19 08-08-2013 07:04 PM

I don't even know what to say....words cannot describe how good that was. I had this stupid smile on my face the whole time.. :D :D :D

miru 08-08-2013 07:04 PM

I loved this episode! They confirmed Karai was Miwa, killed Traag (that means no toy!), and had tons of cameos! I love Metalhead!

Coola Yagami 08-08-2013 07:05 PM

I honestly don't want to be here when Cybercubed sees that Kraang Prime's robot had a tuning fork on its head.....

Zany Orange Dude 08-08-2013 07:05 PM

THAT WAS ONE AWESOME SEASON FINALE!:tgrin:

snake 08-08-2013 07:06 PM

That. Was. AWESOME!!!!!!! IM FANGIRLING OUT AND IM NOT EVEN A GIRL!!!!!
The Splinter VS Shredder fight was amazing!
It was all just PERFECT!!! Also, that dance at the end! Although, it should've debuted a new ninja rap.

10/10 episode!

JTH 08-08-2013 07:07 PM

We Saved The World = Do The Funky Chicken!!!

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...97-d6g2zpk.gif :lol:

LH 08-08-2013 07:07 PM

That was... Wow... AMAZING!!!!!!! :tgrin:

So much to take in! With the the battle in TCRI was fantastic, and it was really cool to see so much action happen within minutes of entering TCRI!

So Traag is toast?... It would seem Leatherhead has been avenged... :tsmile:

I'm very interested to see where Karai's story is going... How Splinter can convince her of the truth...

The animation was incredible as usual... Those water shots... :tcool:

Haha! That dance scene was great! Metalhead doing the robot! :tlol:

The Technodrome... Whoa... It looks like we'll be spending a good amount of time exploring this place next season... Could Leatherhead be trapped inside...?

Overall an astounding series finale!!! Now, on to season 2!!! :tgrin:

dudeabides 08-08-2013 07:07 PM

Splinter went through the whole non-Kraang bad guy lineup (that he wasn't related to) by himself who needs turtles?

sirroscoe 08-08-2013 07:09 PM

Whoa...........

Captain PunchYouHard 08-08-2013 07:09 PM

The Leo and Raph moments just slew me. Sigh.

EDIT: I mean as in brotherly love.

Slade 08-08-2013 07:09 PM

Loved it, exciting and kinda sad at the same time. Felt a little bad for Splinter, but he sure kicked some butt.

Overlordofnobodies 08-08-2013 07:09 PM

THAT WAS THE BEST END I HAVE EVER SEEN IN A TV SHOW EVER!!
Really it was so good to see them act like teen after saving the world. I just love when they did the robot and April was so cute when she dance.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 08-08-2013 07:10 PM

Still haven't seen it... :tcry:

ctt4lfecw 08-08-2013 07:11 PM

That was incredible. My hats off to all the people who work on the show for all their hard work in entertaining us TMNT fans. They gave us what we wanted. Here's to Season 2 and many more to come!

Desslok 08-08-2013 07:11 PM

Fantastic episode! I loved everything about it, the action was spectacular, the reveals were nice but left enough to find out later. I cannot wait for that season 2 opener! :thyper:

DonatelloNinja82 08-08-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***The One True Shredder*** (Post 1137140)
Still haven't seen it... :tcry:

Dont feel bad, neither have I...dont have cable :(

snake 08-08-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 (Post 1132882)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jth (Post 1137132)
We Saved The World = Do The Funky Chicken!!!

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...97-d6g2zpk.gif :lol:

Drome dance party!!!!!

DonatelloNinja82 08-08-2013 07:13 PM

OMG Look at Raph!! HAHAHAHA