The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Potentional for Turtle Warriors? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57888)

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 05-06-2017 08:23 AM

Potentional for Turtle Warriors?

Do you think the Turtle Warriors appearing in the Blue Door script https://archive.org/stream/pdfy-EqA_...cript_djvu.txt have any potentional for teaming up with the turtles in upcoming versions, as long as they have no connection to the backstories of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Splinter?

Remember that the turtles are special on Earth, the Turtle Warriors are of a species on a planet in Dimension X. I can see that, if the "Planet of the Turtles" appears again in some later versions.

Panda_Kahn_fan 05-06-2017 08:33 AM

This was a sketchy idea to begin with. I'd say if you had to use them,reuse the planet of the turtles from the OT, and make slash one of them, along with any other turtle anthros you need to use.

neatoman 05-06-2017 10:11 AM

Well, Laird's interpretation of them is great.

But joking aside, this whole script seemed like an awful idea. The final movie, reshoots and all, was a better than this. Even the second movie, as much as it made my blood boil, is better than this script.

It's like they watched the first season of the Fred Wolf cartoon, sucked out any identity it had and replaced it with every sci-fi action movie cliché in the book. The result is something so far off from the original comics (or even the FW cartoon) I can't honestly connect to TMNT.

BTW:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Script
BEBOP , a WARTHOG-SHAPED MUTANT WITH RAZOR SHARP TUSKS
PROTRUDING FROM AROUND HIS MOIST PIG'S SNOUT FITTED WITH A
GOLD RING . He stands upright at over-six-feet-tall, and
wears his trademark PURPLE MOHAWK and SLOTTED SHADES.
Beside him, a bit shorter but much beefier, is ROCKSTEADY. A
RHINO-LIKE MUTANT WITH THICK SILVER-BROWN SKIM AMD A HEAVY
HORN PROTRUDING FROM HIS FACE . CAMOUFLAGE PANTS and an ARMY
HELMET complete his look.

THICK CURVED BLADES EJECT THROUGH SCHRADER' S SKIN - HIS BODY
IS SUDDENLY COVERED WITH THEM . WTF?!? Raph is BLOWN BACK by
the force of them, giving Schrader the upper hand. . .
A LARGE FLAP OF SCHRADER' S SKIN HANGING LOOSELY FROM WHERE
RAPH HIT HIM —
Frustrated, Schrader grabs the skin, peeling away half of his
face and FURTHER REVEALING: Schrader' s not a man at all,
he's something else entirely, as evidenced by —
JAGGED BLADE TEETH are set into a mouth so wide it nearly
wraps around his head, which is covered in PALE YELLOW SKIN.
And HIS EYES (the one that's now visible) BURN FIRE RED

So Shredder is not a ninja, not wearing an outfit that resembles his classic design and his fake human identity isn't even named Oroku Saki or something similar. He's some creature vaguely described as being covered in blades and very little else connecting him to any previous version of the Shredder. Why isn't he just Traag? That would make more sense.

Yet in all of this, Bebop and Rocksteady look like they're supposed to? What makes them so damn sacred?

IndigoErth 05-06-2017 01:32 PM

Teaming up... eh. Maybe as foes. Remember the turtle concept art that looked rather alien? I still really want those to come back as turtle-like aliens our boys end up fighting. (Or at the very least be forced to make a questionable, untrustworthy alliance.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan (Post 1681038)
and make slash one of them

Yes! Slash could very easily be one of among those I'd like to see as aliens. Maybe take a cue from Nick as well and make him the leader of that alien group.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 05-28-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan (Post 1681038)
This was a sketchy idea to begin with. I'd say if you had to use them,reuse the planet of the turtles from the OT, and make slash one of them, along with any other turtle anthros you need to use.

Either Slash, or those two professional wrestlers from the Planet of the Turtles.

miru 09-16-2018 04:28 PM

They'd probably work well as making the Turtles question their status as accidental creations...

Heck, we could have one be a manipulator of the Turtles, making them believe in a false destiny, trying to lead them to their side. Maybe they could meet counterparts of themselves, which underwent a mutation themselves... combining the Dark & Super Turtles together, their mutation may have turned them more primal on top of their superpowers, making them a hinderance as much as they are an ally.

They'd not be an actual alien race per se, but rather, the mutated forms of non-sapient alien turtles, of whom the manipulator is willingly in denial of. Perhaps this is why the Neutrinos take such a liking to them?