The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What will happen to Baxter in the IDW TMNT? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=36144)

Andrew NDB 01-15-2012 01:10 PM

What will happen to Baxter in the IDW TMNT?

Just for fun, let's take it to the polls and see what you guys think (and who will turn out to be right).

This is not an opinion poll of "What's your favorite Baxter," only what you think will emerge at IDW.

hudemx 01-15-2012 01:23 PM

I would love to see him turn into a Fly, but not in the way as it was in the OT, rather in a way like in the Fly Movie with Jeff Goldbloom as The Fly.

I Imagine that Baxter infects himself with the strange substance which turned the Turtles & Splinter (let's not say mutagen for once ;)) into humanoid forms, but slowly turns his Body into one of a fly (in the same fashion as the Movie) - that would look awesome ^^

CyberCubed 01-15-2012 01:49 PM

The IDW series almost seems like its becoming a reimagining of the original cartoon for me.

Waltz said issue 7 would have something for Fred Wolf fans. Given we have a panel of Baxter looking scared and being held up by someone, I wonder.

The only other thing I can think of is Krang's full reveal or something to do with Traag/Rock Soldiers/Dimension X.

Hermano Dyvas 01-15-2012 03:55 PM

I have a strong suspicion Krang is going to do something to Stockman to punish him for failing him. Maybe he'll imprison Stockman and use him as a guinea pig for some nasty experiments.

Donnie 01-15-2012 08:06 PM

There is so much OT influence in characters that I have a feeling we'll be seeing a re-working of the Fly Baxter. I'm not opposed if done right. It actually has a lot of potential.

Archon_Turtle 01-15-2012 08:26 PM

I was going to give a snarky answer...but then I started to actually think about it.

Based on seeing how much love they are having for the MWS Characters... I wouldn't be surprised if we see a return of the fly!

MikeandRaph87 01-15-2012 08:32 PM

I was thinking Baxter Stockman might turned into a fly in the Nick cartoon but become a cyborg in the IDW comics. While it looks like the Stockronics lab experiments that Baxter is conducting for General Krang will lead to more mutants like Apolex and who knows maybe Leatherhead and others but if we want to limit it yet have more than say just Leatherhead like Peter perferred it would be best for him to be a cyborg. I admit that my choice for the coic is normal human and in the Nick show mutant fly and cyborg being my third choice but even if it happens I will be fine with it.

Jester 01-15-2012 08:35 PM

SUGAR!!!!

My money's on fly guy.

MikeandRaph87 01-15-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 901471)
SUGAR!!!!

My money's on fly guy.

Me thinks he needs an alien super computer to help his revenege schemes work with his mind slowly being lost in mutant form.:tsmile:

CyberCubed 01-15-2012 10:22 PM

My guess is he'll experiment with cyborg parts first to get his revenge on Krang and THEN get mutated.

Metropoliskid41 01-16-2012 06:34 AM

I'm going to say that Krang punishes him mob boss or bookie style, maybe takes off an arm or a leg, and then we see Baxter after a while try to build some cybernetic parts for himself. But at the same time start experimenting on himself with the mutagen, so we'll get a cyborg Fly combo. Otherwise I guess I can see him maybe trying to do a Doc Connors, forget the cybernetics and use the mutagen and reptillian DNA in an attempt to grow back his lost limbs and turn into a full on Mutant Iguana or something. I was really hoping he'd get to stay Human, at least for a while but that doesn't seem like it'll be happening.

ToTheNines 01-16-2012 03:23 PM

He'll be mutated into an Ottsel.

http://www.blogsmithcdn.com/avatar/i...3630087_50.jpg

Matches Malone 01-16-2012 03:37 PM

He'll be mutated into... the white Baxter Stockman?

CyberCubed 01-16-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matches Malone (Post 901688)
He'll be mutated into... the white Baxter Stockman?

So in other words he'll be like Michael Jackson?

Matches Malone 01-16-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 901698)
So in other words he'll be like Michael Jackson?

Michael Jackson wasn't a mutant... OR WAS HE?:teek:

Fugitoid Jones 01-17-2012 04:38 AM

I could totally see him being turned into a fly, which I like. And I can see them taking the fly mutation aspect in a different direction, something darker or possibly more werewolf-ish (or the Lizard or Man-Bat). It would be nice if Baxter does turn into a fly that he can also turn back to normal, that way we kinda have a regular Baxter and a mutated one.

Metropoliskid41 01-17-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matches Malone (Post 901712)
Michael Jackson wasn't a mutant... OR WAS HE?:teek:

No no no didn't you see that episode of Robot Chicken? The real Michael Jackson was snatched when his hair caught fire and replaced with imposter White Michael Jackson by aliens who were plotting to take over Earth.

saber16 08-22-2017 12:27 PM

Sorry to revive such an old topic, but I've been wondering for a while now if anything happened to Baxter in the IDW series. I've looked online, but I can't find anything and I havent had the time to catch up on the comic. Any chance an IDW reader can fill clueless yutz in?
Personally, I was hoping to see him combination of the fly mutation and the cyborg transformation, like the 80s Fly remake.

snake 08-22-2017 12:33 PM

He's still a human, surprisingly.

Utrommaniac 08-22-2017 12:38 PM

He's remaining human and will probably stay that way.

Both the fly and cyborg elements have been reimagined accordingly as something he created.

It's better that way too. As a fly he was a yellow-bellied wimp and as a cyborg he was a kiss@ss. I'd rather see him remain human and a self-serving egotist. And it looks like the writers would rather see it that way too. I see no reason in the narrative to mutate him either.

Now, I could see him with a cybernetic limb, but not a full-on cyborg. He's running TCRI, which is a bit of a change from the usual tmnt status quo, making it a human-run organization like in the 90's movie (but not calling it TGRI???) rather than the base for the Utroms in...every other version it's been in.