The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FW 87 TMNT complete series dvd in turtle van box. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38904)

Venom 11-13-2012 12:51 PM

Got mine in from Amazon a couple hours ago!

It looks awesome! The wheels roll good, too, so I had to revert to being 8 for a moment and take it for a spin around the living room. :D

The lid just sits on the top, though, and is easily knocked off if you're not careful so don't get too rowdy with it.

The only glaring error is "Yosagi" on the back on the box. >_>

CyberCubed 11-13-2012 03:30 PM

Do the discs get scratched sitting in the case?

Storm Eagle 11-13-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 1021595)
Got mine in from Amazon a couple hours ago!

It looks awesome! The wheels roll good, too, so I had to revert to being 8 for a moment and take it for a spin around the living room. :D

The lid just sits on the top, though, and is easily knocked off if you're not careful so don't get too rowdy with it.

The only glaring error is "Yosagi" on the back on the box. >_>

So it doesn't come with a booklet of some sort? Most of us were thinking that's what this was.

DF619 11-13-2012 05:44 PM

Mine's coming in on Thursday.

One of my hopes is that this sells well enough that Shout Factory or whoever owns the DVD distribution rights to the 4Kids series decides to release a series set of the 4Kids show.

TheCanadiandrome 11-13-2012 07:28 PM

Yeah I should have mine by Thursday also

alliance 11-13-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1021673)
So it doesn't come with a booklet of some sort? Most of us were thinking that's what this was.

i always thought that was a mouse pad lol

GodzFire 11-13-2012 09:04 PM

I HATE that via this release, Lionsgate essentially said "Yea even though you already paid a crapload of money from our previous subpar releases, we had a bunch of backstock which we don't want, so here's a plastic van to put them in for another 80 bucks. Oh yea, we're not gonna fix anything like the episode order, lol that would require actual work. Just give us your money"

Jester 11-13-2012 09:09 PM

People still use mouse pads?

Powder 11-13-2012 09:23 PM

Were we supposed to man up and just use the desk surface in 2012? I never got the memo. :trazz:

TheCanadiandrome 11-13-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1021777)
Were we supposed to man up and just use the desk surface in 2012? I never got the memo. :trazz:

No kidding I could scratch the finish :tlol: :twink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 1021766)
People still use mouse pads?

What and u don't? :trazz:

CyberCubed 11-13-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodzFire (Post 1021765)
I HATE that via this release, Lionsgate essentially said "Yea even though you already paid a crapload of money from our previous subpar releases, we had a bunch of backstock which we don't want, so here's a plastic van to put them in for another 80 bucks. Oh yea, we're not gonna fix anything like the episode order, lol that would require actual work. Just give us your money"

Uh...no. This release isn't aimed at the people who picked up the DVD singles.

This release is for people who NEVER picked up the old DVDs or the new fans/kids watching the Nick show who stumble upon this in stores.

Sure some people will double dip, but there's no real reason to bother unless you just want the Turtle Van case.

cammy85 11-13-2012 10:46 PM

Here's the review some of you may have already seen on Rangerboard:

I found several copies of the Complete Series today in Winnipeg!! The copy I got was $99.99 but after buying that I found one at Costco for $30 cheaper. It's a Turtle Van with all the discs stacked together (no packaging) and a booklet listing all the episodes and features. Exactly like the prior original releases from what I can tell so far.

The book could've been proofread:

Leatherhead, Terror of the Swamp was simply Leatherhead
The Ice Cream Cometh???
Donatello's Badd Time (understandable)

Some of the episodes (at least on my laptop) look grainy but that could be VLC. The S2 episodes look great so far. I noticed Disc 1 doesn't have chapters so that's annoying. I'm checking out the special features too. I guess the extra episodes count for the three hours. Planet of the Turtleoids is all one episode even if the chapter breaks are in the wrong places. I'll post more as I go along.

CyberCubed 11-13-2012 10:56 PM

Just curious are the bonus season 10 eps still on the first disc?

nelodiavolo 11-13-2012 11:23 PM

Yes! My package came in today as well...Still in the box though. I'll get to it later this week. Pretty excited to rewatch these classics. Last time I seen many of these was in the 80's.

Oh and as a gamer, I still rely on a good mouse pad. Desktop surfaces are terrible IMO...well that and my mouse was 130 bucks, so its pampered.:tlol:

cammy85 11-13-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1021797)
Just curious are the bonus season 10 eps still on the first disc?

Yup!! We have them twice. :p I have yet to check and see if "Plan Six From Outer Space" appears twice as well since it shows up on the last episode of Season 3 and IIRC at the beginning of the Season 4 set originally.

You just reminded me of another mistake: The book mentions that the missing episodes were from Season 4. Technically Once Upon a Time Machine could be from S4 since the Technodrome was in Dimension X but Planet of the Turtleoids definitely is not.

prophecy718 11-14-2012 07:25 AM

could someone post some pics of that booklet? I'm curious to see if its as detailed as the ghostbusters booklet...probably not lol...but i'm curious to see

TheCanadiandrome 11-14-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1021789)
Sure some people will double dip, but there's no real reason to bother unless you just want the Turtle Van case.

pretty much. i plan to keep it sealed and watch my single releases

Sword Slicin' Leo 11-14-2012 12:40 PM

This is BS!!! atfer all the money you pay your should get the damn box for free!!! i will steal it before i oay 2 times for the same thing

Jephael 11-14-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword Slicin' Leo (Post 1021919)
This is BS!!! atfer all the money you pay your should get the damn box for free!!! i will steal it before i oay 2 times for the same thing

I agree. As much as I'd love that Turtle Van boxset, I'd rather spend $100 on a vintage Playmates Turtle Blimp than buy extra copies of the same episodes I already have! EPIC FAIL on Lionsgates' part!

CyberCubed 11-14-2012 12:56 PM

How many times does it need to be explained that this Turtle Van boxset is NOT aimed at the people who bought the single releases!

Are some of you stupid enough to believe that everyone bought all the individual DVDs that started back in 2004? Do you realize how long ago that was?