The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Another movie from Platinum Dunes in the works - new writer hired (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60133)

NinjaPug 06-20-2018 01:08 PM

Another movie from Platinum Dunes in the works - new writer hired

Platinum Dunes is still involved but not sure if this new movie is connected to the two previous abominations.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true

Papenbrook 06-20-2018 01:16 PM

Here we go again. :roll:

IndigoErth 06-20-2018 01:17 PM

Interesting news... Not gonna get my hopes up. I'm used enough to the PD Turtles that I'd be fine with seeing more of them (and dammit I do want more of this Leo I admit), but I'd be very surprised if it was the same version. Still sore of the fact that they should have gotten new writers for this last one...and a bit concerned that this sounds like they're trying to keep in a serious comedy direction. (Or should I say seriously comedic.) Maybe even more-so? (Not familiar with this guy's work.)

But at the very least maybe they've decided that it was them, not the Turtles, who blew it in this last round and they're still a viable franchise.

AquaParade 06-20-2018 01:17 PM

So many emotions. Definitely surprised Platinum Dunes is still involved. The article mentions a new chairman being with the company. Hopefully that makes some type of difference. I mean, they did release A Quiet Place recently, which seemed to be a step above all their previous releases. Perhaps there is some hope. I'm going to look into this writer they've supposedly hired.

Krutch 06-20-2018 01:19 PM

It's too early to tell anything, but I liked Bad Words for whatever that's worth.

AquaParade 06-20-2018 01:22 PM

I suppose it doesn't mean much when a writer is announced this early on. There's still the huge matter of a director being hired and how he feels about the script. Then come the re-writes.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 06-20-2018 01:22 PM

Oh no... I am not optimistic.

AquaParade 06-20-2018 01:25 PM

It's at least worth acknowledging that these are the same producers as before. They seem willing to shift direction when something doesn't pan out.

I saw a Post-Out of the Shadows interview where they stated they thought they had the right ingredients (yikes), but that the audience wasn't there to support it. So they at least know they screwed up. If we are lucky, they'll once again pivot, perhaps accidentally, into something that's actually good.

It's sort of like watching one of those dvd-screensavers, where the logo helplessly bounces from corner to corner, rarely ever fitting perfectly into the edges of the screen. Every once in a while though...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 06-20-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1765812)
It's at least worth acknowledging that these are the same producers as before. They seem willing to shift direction when something doesn't pan out.

I saw a Post-Out of the Shadows interview where they stated they thought they had the right ingredients (yikes), but that the audience wasn't there to support it. So they at least know they screwed up. If we are lucky, they'll once again pivot, perhaps accidentally, into something that's actually good.

It's sort of like watching one of those dvd-screensavers, where the logo helplessly bounces from corner to corner, rarely ever fitting perfectly into the edges of the screen. Every once in a while though...

It'll be kiddie fair. They won't try to jump onto the comic book movie adaptation bandwagon (like they should have done in the first damn place), they'll go for full My Little Pony animated movie broke. Or animated Sponge Bob movie. Or whatever.

It'll be trash. TMNT fans get no respect, and TMNT comics don't get recognized.

IndigoErth 06-20-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1765812)

:lol: Good analogy.

Come on, you can do it!

Autbot_Benz 06-20-2018 01:30 PM

Oh boy sees new Ninja Turtles movie. Still Sees its produced by Platinum Dunes

https://i.imgur.com/BLPYUDQ.gif

Vicky82 06-20-2018 01:31 PM

Damn I was so excited until I saw that Platinum Dunes is involved as well. :ohwell:

IndigoErth 06-20-2018 01:43 PM

According to insiders, they are hoping to elevate the quality seen in the previous two films produced by the studio with this relaunch.

Quote:

However, both were made before the arrival of chairman Jim Gianopulos, who has made it a priority to clean up the studio’s slate and refocus its franchises.
I'm at least glad the Turtles are wanted as one of those franchises. Likewise apprehensive about PD and these producers being involved still. If they'd just stay out of the way it might be for the best.

edit: Oh, yeah... And if it's still the PD Turtles, can we get someone else to play April? (Likewise Casey or fix the character.) Just saying.

TurtleTitan97 06-20-2018 01:45 PM

Nooooooooooo!!!!

Autbot_Benz 06-20-2018 01:46 PM

ya Don't bring back Stephen " I was a terrible Casey Jones just like I am a Terrible Green Arrow" Amell. I don't want Casey to be a whiny cry baby cop who got scared at the first time seeing the turtles

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 06-20-2018 01:51 PM

Full reboot or GTFO. No Amell, no Fox, no Arnett, none of those same sh!tty writers or producers...

But that's too much to ask, isn't it? Platinum Dunes is still involved.

Sumac 06-20-2018 01:52 PM

As long as they redesign Turtles into less hulking abominations and not center movie on April, I am on board.

syk_skillz 06-20-2018 02:00 PM

Sucks that it's PD doing it although with give it a chance since they have a new chairman now. I really hope for a reboot so we get new better designs (5ft-ish, not so ugly, skinnier frame turtles), better actors for Casey/April, Actual reason for Splinter/Shredder feud, and competent good plot.

bushido 06-20-2018 02:03 PM

A new tmnt movie! :teek: ... still produced by Bay, Form and Fuller :tmad:

AquaParade 06-20-2018 02:16 PM

I'm currently under the assumption they are going to reboot, new designs, actors, and all.

Fans did not show up to support them after their first attempt. They know something has to change fundamentally.