The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - More 'Tales' on DVD...'Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady'! (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58162)

Luke795 06-26-2017 04:57 PM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - More 'Tales' on DVD...'Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady'!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage...cksteady/23410

CyberCubed 06-26-2017 05:03 PM

Looks like more episodes will be released on DVD before they air on TV, just like the first 4 eps of Season 5.

Looks like this will be Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady's final episodes of the show. I wonder what will happen to them.

FredWolfLeonardo 06-26-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1693851)
Looks like this will be Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady's final episodes of the show. I wonder what will happen to them.

I think they will most likely return to their former life of crime like Fishface but I'm more excited to see how they will interact with their 80s counterparts. I can see them getting along even better than PD Bebop and Rocksteady, who were literally inseperable.

That's one thing I like about Bebop and Rocksteady over other mutant duos is that they get along so well and are always best buddies till the point where I find them likeable compared to Dogpound and Fishface who were pretty hostile towards each other.

CyberCubed 06-26-2017 05:13 PM

I think they might just be arrested.

Chris 06-26-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1693851)
Looks like more episodes will be released on DVD before they air on TV, just like the first 4 eps of Season 5.

Not necessarily. There's time between the Usagi arc and this DVD release for the episodes to air. Or they could release this whilst the episodes are in the middle of airing (like the first arc).

Be interesting to see how many episodes are on this release. The Super Shredder collection was 11 episodes.

Going in airdate order seems most likely - Worlds Collide (2), Usagi (3), Crossover (3) - for a total of 8 episodes and also leaving 8 for the final volume.

Production order would be 10 episodes (leaving 6 for the last volume) & would mean that we'd definitely get the Monster arc on DVD before TV.

As much as I would love this (I'd much prefer intended order vs air date order for DVD) I think air date order is more likely simply because it's a more even split of episodes.

CyberCubed 06-27-2017 02:07 PM

It's also a good thing the show continues to be released on DVD, there will probably be one more release after this and then all 124 episodes will be on DVD. And in proper order too, unlike the messed up order of the 4kids DVDs.

ToTheNines 06-27-2017 02:16 PM

I don't know about proper order. But close enough.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 06-27-2017 03:27 PM

Is this a marketing thing, to make you buy the DVD to get episodes quicker?

Chris 06-27-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1694043)
I don't know about proper order. But close enough.

Yeah this disc will almost certainly not be in proper order (it'll be airdate rather than production) but we'll definitely get the full series on DVD.

I'd love full 5 season blu-Ray set once it's all done but sadly that doesn't seem likely.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 06-28-2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1693854)
I think they will most likely return to their former life of crime like Fishface but I'm more excited to see how they will interact with their 80s counterparts. I can see them getting along even better than PD Bebop and Rocksteady, who were literally inseperable.

That's one thing I like about Bebop and Rocksteady over other mutant duos is that they get along so well and are always best buddies till the point where I find them likeable compared to Dogpound and Fishface who were pretty hostile towards each other.

Don't care, also Bebop and Rocksteady never turned human again for good in the original series or the Archiverse so it wouldn't surprise if they don't do it this time.

ToTheNines 06-28-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 1694095)
Yeah this disc will almost certainly not be in proper order (it'll be airdate rather than production) but we'll definitely get the full series on DVD.

I'd love full 5 season blu-Ray set once it's all done but sadly that doesn't seem likely.

It's possible this next release goes:

Splinter flashback
Monster arc
When Worlds Collide
80's crossover

That'd be 10 episodes and in the right order.

Metalwolf 06-28-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1694235)
Don't care, also Bebop and Rocksteady never turned human again for good in the original series or the Archiverse so it wouldn't surprise if they don't do it this time.

Maybe they might pull an Archieverse where one of the dimensions that open up is one where New York (and most of the rest of the country) remained 'wild?' I could see them getting pulled into this dimension and finding it appealing to their mutant 'instincts,' thus stripping themselves of their human items and living 'wild.'

DestronMirage22 06-28-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalwolf (Post 1694242)
I could see them getting pulled into this dimension and finding it appealing to their mutant 'instincts,' thus stripping themselves of their human items and living 'wild.'

That wasn't the only thing they stripped themselves of. :lol:

Chris 06-28-2017 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1694236)
It's possible this next release goes:

Splinter flashback
Monster arc
When Worlds Collide
80's crossover

That'd be 10 episodes and in the right order.

Yeah, I said that earlier and I would love this to be the case. I just think that a split of 8 & 8 in airdate order is more likely than 10 & 6 in the right order. Really do hope it's 10/6 though as that's the proper order (plus we'd get the Monster arc early as well)

Storm Eagle 06-28-2017 05:36 PM

There's an Amazon listing for it now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073F7SN53...=Ninja+Turtles

ToTheNines 06-28-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 1694423)
Yeah, I said that earlier and I would love this to be the case. I just think that a split of 8 & 8 in airdate order is more likely than 10 & 6 in the right order. Really do hope it's 10/6 though as that's the proper order (plus we'd get the Monster arc early as well)

Ah, almost directly above my first post lol. My bad man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1694429)
There's an Amazon listing for it now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073F7SN53...=Ninja+Turtles

Hmmm. 17 dollar MSRP makes it seem like a larger episode count.

Chris 06-29-2017 01:19 AM

Haha, no worries. With that higher MSRP really hope it is 10 episodes!

CyberCubed 06-29-2017 01:22 AM

There's only 16 episodes of Season 5 left. I seriously doubt this disc has 10 or more episodes, because then the last disc would only have...6 episodes.

So it's going to look rather lopsided if this release has a large chunk of episodes, and the last DVD only has a handful.

ToTheNines 06-29-2017 03:26 AM

Don't be a fool. There's already been several 6-7 episode releases.

Plus it can have bonus features like the music video, some shorts, and whatever else.

Vicky82 07-06-2017 03:05 PM

More info

http://www.newtechreview.com/newtech...sp?NewsID=8870

Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady - When 80’s Shredder and Krang appear in our dimension, they employ Bebop & Rocksteady and find their plans are succeeding better than ever.

The Foot Walks Again! - The Turtles must train their ‘80s counterparts to face a greater threat than they’ve ever encountered.

The Big Blow-Out - The Turtles enlist the help of the Mighty Mutanimals to stop Bebop and Rocksteady.

Also Lone Rat and Cubs will also be on the DVD

Lone Rat and Cubs - When Splinter is first mutated, he must learn to survive the life of a mutant on the run while also protecting four baby mutant turtles.

The Ice Cream Kitty Music Video will be on it too.