The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   The Technodrome News (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New TMNT 2007 Poster (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=12750)

Nturtle 06-01-2005 01:31 PM

New TMNT 2007 Poster

There is a new, crisper, better saturated poster for the new TMNT movie with Leo's eye slightly visible in the upper right corner. Very cool.

[Thanks to Rat King for the link!]

Mecha Cow 06-01-2005 02:25 PM

Yeah, I saw that too a while ago. Can't say I like it much.

Buslady 06-01-2005 06:05 PM

I hate these teases. I think his leg's a little too underbuilt, needs more beef in em. upper arms too. shoulders but he does look bad-ass. im freaking drooling over Leo...this is not right!

GK Punk 06-01-2005 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buslady
I hate these teases. I think his leg's a little too underbuilt, needs more beef in em. upper arms too. shoulders but he does look bad-ass. im freaking drooling over Leo...this is not right!

I think they'll look right by the time the movie comes out. That's probably just a sample art kinda thing. I just hate waiting the 2 years!

Spitfire 06-01-2005 07:41 PM

I dont like his eyes....but it still looks cool

tOkKa 06-01-2005 10:38 PM

!!

-->> http://www.mikeystmnt.com/tmnt-teaser2.jpg
..2 MORE YEARS !? ..THAT'S TOMMOROW, THIS IS GONA BE GREAT !! :D

Dinny 06-02-2005 12:02 AM

His legs and arms make him look like a Ninja frog. What the hell could a Ninja Frog do, I guess he could jump real high...and swim pretty fast...oh, oh and maybe it could wrap it's big tongue around the Foot and squeeze the living bejesus out of them...GODDAMMIT THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

Mecha Cow 06-02-2005 04:48 AM

I don't see his upper arms and legs changing. This design is obviously based on that of the early issues of Mirage, where the TMNT weren't exactly bodybuilders.

With the exception of that crappy-looking eye, I think he looks great. I don't see what muscle has to do with his ablities anyway.

zkarlette 06-02-2005 09:21 AM

[QUOTE=Mecha Cow]I don't see his upper arms and legs changing. This design is obviously based on that of the early issues of Mirage, where the TMNT weren't exactly bodybuilders.

Im honestly kind of dissapointed I hope they change their mind or something if is this is the way theyre going to look like Im not that amuzed .... I really like them like they look now ....at least they should look a little bit like on the past movies ....and on top of that we have to wait 2 years :sick:

Leonardo_the_sword_master 06-02-2005 12:25 PM

2 years.... TWO YEARS!!!! :x I cant make it!!!! And to top that off i have to wait till septmember to see Season 4!!!!!! I guess ill just watch the ones i taped.

LAXtitan99 06-02-2005 12:36 PM

I really wish that the CG turtles didnt have pupils and just had the white eyes like the new show. They look so much better that way.

Tinuvielsdreams 06-02-2005 04:26 PM

I wish I could see the character turn arounds...

I appreciate what LAXtitan said about leaving the eyes white. Its really all about the eyes when it comes to a characters expression. The white is great for the Cartoon. I kinda feel for live action they probably need some sort of pupil. I can't get over the quality of the eyes in the live action movies, incredibly expressive. I think the pupils need to be very large and watery if this CGI is striving for realistic texturing.

The arm does bother me it must be the wrist section, Modeling character muscles in A program like Maya for computer animation is ridiculously time consuming from the little bit I have done. Maybe they be taking the easy road. Leaving bulk for illusion of muscle beyond the upper bicep. They made them so muscly in the new show maybe they are trying to find a medium between that and the early comic? Wow I need to see more! :o

The background is looking good.

Aztec General 06-04-2005 05:27 PM

Rumor has it, at the San Diego Comic Con (7/14-17) a promo video for the movie will be shown.

Prowl 06-04-2005 07:49 PM

I worked on the poster a little to give a glimps of that the entire turtle will look like, but I'm not sure how to share it with you guys. Can I email it to someone and them post it?

Dragnskull 06-04-2005 09:06 PM

considering we lived without the turtles for what...like...7 years... i think we can handle a 2 year wait.

i personally want a new movie, not cgi based.... cause those costumes are freggin awsome...

Barkworm 06-04-2005 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rat King
Rumor has it, at the San Diego Comic Con (7/14-17) a promo video for the movie will be shown.

What are they supposed to show? They barely started working on this project!

Buslady 06-05-2005 01:09 PM

I was working with my turtles today and i paid notice to their limbs...i think now if they go with the big forarms and big feet, they look more turtle. Turtles have big feet, where they're aquatic or semi-aquatic...red ear sliders have HUGE feet...makes sense. My wood turtle Donnie has weak looking upper arm and as the arms goes down it widens into big front hands. So the design does make sense. And he is STRONG. He can almost lift his own weight with his arms.

Leonardo Mystic 06-05-2005 09:49 PM

The white pupils effect is great for the cartoon, and it really is cool, but I'd prefer to actually see their eyes in this movie as with all the other movies. From the looks of the poster, it'd be wonderful, and they are so expressive anyway. If you think about it, it'd really be even more effective like that.

Aztec General 06-06-2005 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkworm
What are they supposed to show? They barely started working on this project!

Well, they have plenty of test shots. This is from the people who were selling the stills from the production on ebay. They claim that and SDCC a promo short will be shown.

Prowl 06-07-2005 09:21 AM

I hope it's up for download if this is true.