The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Official Episode Discussion S4 Ep 23: Tokka vs The World (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57337)

Vicky82 02-05-2017 01:45 AM

Official Episode Discussion S4 Ep 23: Tokka vs The World

TMNT returns and in English too :P

Quote:

Raphael's bonding with little Chompy gets interrupted by the invasion of Tokka, who has come to Earth searching for him.
The episode is up on ITunes.

MCLeo28 02-05-2017 01:52 AM

It's about d*mn time. I'm so excited for this!

CyberCubed 02-05-2017 02:14 AM

Also for those of you who saw the following Season 4 eps, please don't spoil anything in this thread in what happens in the next 3 episodes. Many of us did not watch the Korean episodes and don't wish to be spoiled.

People will be banned if they intentionally post spoilers from the other Season 4 eps in this thread.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-05-2017 02:35 AM

I don't think anyone should be banned. People enter these discussions at own risk. It would've been worse with films, but when the 2014 and 2016 films were new, I made sure not entering those discussions until I'd seen them (which I did as quick as possible).

But when it comes to this, it's better to take out all frustration on producers instead for first airing in South Korea.

Vicky82 02-05-2017 03:03 AM

Awww such a cute, light tone episode with happy feels, needed this as the the last 2 episodes are pretty dark. Tale of Tiger Claw is more of a serious tone episode but not as dark as Requiem and Owari.

Chompy is so cute.

Hope we see more of that new character General Griffin in season 5.

Poor Mikey seemed to get a lot of torture in this episode, he got punched by Raph and then nearly dissected/liversected.

Casey was awesome in this episode, he had a **** first half of season 4 but he's now a lot better in the 2nd half of season 4.

Good explanation on why April wasn't in this episode, she's still recovering from the previous episode, which was months ago :lol:

Powder 02-05-2017 03:30 AM

Strong return.

ssjup81 02-05-2017 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1657868)
TMNT returns and in English too :P

The episode is up on ITunes.

Sucks I can't use iTunes. No credit card. I have iTunes points, but can't use them, apparently, for this type of purchase. -_-

MarsicornYT 02-05-2017 04:25 AM

Raph was awesome in this episode. ^_^

I can't wait for the last few episodes, by what everyones saying who have seen the korean eps, they're going to be really dark and I love it when Nick does those kind of eps, they're always really good.

ToTheNines 02-05-2017 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1657871)
Also for those of you who saw the following Season 4 eps, please don't spoil anything in this thread in what happens in the next 3 episodes. Many of us did not watch the Korean episodes and don't wish to be spoiled.

People will be banned if they intentionally post spoilers from the other Season 4 eps in this thread.

Quoting to reiterate.

ObiWanFan4life 02-05-2017 07:08 AM

Feels good to be back! So far so good for this episode.

Aaronardo 02-05-2017 07:34 AM

Wow. That was a blast. There wasn't much to dislike about this episode, I mean there were some things it could've done better (like I feel the Chompy Tokka scene at the end could've been wordless), but for the most part it was a pretty great episode :thumbsup:

It is about time we got more Bishop, and he was great in this episode. Looks like we're finally get Tiger Claw's back story, so it looks like this part of the season is going to be "everything we had to throw aside for the Space stuff and the useless Karai stuff."

In that case I'm waiting for Mutagen Man /s

GoldMutant 02-05-2017 07:37 AM

Both action packed and emotional. I... liked this episode? :o

All seriousness, only issue I can think of is Griffin. He wasn't there too much for me. Also, anyone know his voice actor?

Otherwise, this was the best Raphael episode since Slash and Destroy (I've been rethinking on Dinosaurs Seen in Sewers! personally). See writers of the Mona episodes, this is how to make Raph soft without making him irritating.

Give it between a 7.5 and an 8, this was one of the best episodes by far this season.

pannoni1 02-05-2017 07:38 AM

I'm a traditionalist with regards to viewing, so its nice to see new episodes return! A good invasion theme for Tokka's arrival, and good to see that human vs. human fights can still work (Griffin is just another mad scientist-type character otherwise), and having Casey/Michelangelo free themselves before being recaptured shortly after was also a nice unexpected move. A very cute ending to the episode as well with Tokka's pet son as well.

Redworld96 02-05-2017 07:51 AM

Chompy has been so cute during all the episode. And it was interesting to know more about the alliance between Earth's military and Utrom.
Btw, my favourite line of the episode:

Raphael: We should steal a Kraang ship fast! But, which ship should we use?
Donatello: Dont worry guys, everything is under control … *getting serious* :
~Eenie meenie miney mo, catch a Tiger Claw by the toe!~ THAT ONE!

Leo/Raph/Probably the whole fandom:
https://68.media.tumblr.com/51226c35...rbtpg9_540.png

Donnie:
https://68.media.tumblr.com/9ab48fa1...rbtpg9_540.png

ToTheNines 02-05-2017 08:45 AM

Yes, a great Raph episode indeed. Very touching.

I'm loving all the jabs at Bayturtles lol.

Interesting that Bishop is not hiding his identity. Did he come to Earth after "War for Dimension X"? Or has he been heading the EPF since before season 2?

And now that Chompy is staying on Earth, I don't care how contrived and silly it is, but I NEED him to get mutated in season 5 and have some sort of misadventure with Bradford. The current disconnect between Tokka and Rahzar is killing me lol.

PApagreg 02-05-2017 10:09 AM

Not bad, while I don't really like how the EPF was handled in this episode(seriously an organization that has links with the federal government and this is what we're getting). I'm glad that we did get a Raph episode thats not centered on his anger problems or his bug issues.

6/10

BubblyShell22 02-05-2017 10:35 AM

I really liked this episode a lot. Raph's bond with Chompy was sweet and I like how Tokka decided to let her baby stay with Raph. Also loved seeing Bishop and I did like Griffin as a bad guy though I'd love to see more of him in future episodes if possible. Casey really was good in this episode and I liked how he did have two good ideas. Overall, a very decent way to come back from a hiatus.

LeotheLateBloomer 02-05-2017 10:47 AM

Pretty good episode. Everyone ended up happy in the end.

Vicky82 02-05-2017 10:56 AM

I laughed when he said TMNT returns in United States, so he knew about the episodes airing in South Korea :lol:

Jester 02-05-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjup81 (Post 1657876)
Sucks I can't use iTunes. No credit card. I have iTunes points, but can't use them, apparently, for this type of purchase. -_-

Google Play has it too. I used my $1.99 worth Play Rewards to buy it.