The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bill and Ted 3 is Officially Happening has Director (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59929)

Leo656 06-10-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1847993)
Hmmm, I dunno. The teaser just felt kind of "meh to me. They both really look their age, like aging has-been rockers who just can't seem to realize that they have gotten old and are no longer "cool". Kind of like G&R or some other 80's bands that haven't aged well. I might see it, but so far, doesn't look like anything special.

You've completely missed the entire point of the exercise, apparently...

Andrew NDB 06-10-2020 11:14 PM

The trailer actually tells us a lot. There's clearly the bringing in of historical figures again (a split second, you can see someone in like Roman armor appear on the street)... and apparently they must DIE at some point (maybe after that prison scene) because we see them in what looks like Hell talking to the Grim Reaper. I'm glad they put the Grim Reaper in the trailer.

MsMarvelDuckie 06-11-2020 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1848049)
You've completely missed the entire point of the exercise, apparently...

No, no, I GET it, it just didn't really reach out and grab me. Looked very vanilla, at best, maybe even just plain unflavored ice cream. I was expecting to at least be a little excited by it. I wasn't. Perhaps I should say that after waiting 30 years for this, I was hoping for something a bit "more".

Coola Yagami 06-12-2020 05:20 PM

So I guess the common consensus so far is Winter is Bill, like he is is Bill, while Keanu feels more like Keanu trying to act like Ted.

Autbot_Benz 06-12-2020 10:48 PM

Allegedly the movie has been bumped up to August 14th in theaters. but I wouldn't hold your breath with all the other movies getting pushed back a year pushed to new 2020 release dates or pushed to streaming and not every theater will be open around then

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/bi...irus-pandemic/

Leo656 06-13-2020 12:56 AM

Yeah, I'd love for it to come out in theaters but it all seems like wishful thinking right now.

drgon78 06-13-2020 05:37 AM

I hope that is true, it would be the only movie who's release date got moved up.

Coola Yagami 06-13-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drgon78 (Post 1848278)
I hope that is true, it would be the only movie who's release date got moved up.

Um... Black Widow?

Cure 06-14-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1848289)
Um... Black Widow?

Black Widow has never been moved up.

Autbot_Benz 07-22-2020 05:47 PM

Alex Winter Face with medical mask
@Winter
?
1m
I saw the final, totally finished version of

@BillandTed3
today for the first time. Incredibly proud of the film that director Dean Parisot made and all of our work in it. Now it's over to all of you! News on the release plan is *imminent*. GuitarGuitar
#BillandTed3 #FaceTheMusic

Leo656 07-22-2020 06:05 PM

Can't wait! Also can't wait to do a binge-watch of the entire trilogy.

I hope the soundtrack is great. The first and second movie's soundtracks were amaaaaaazing, two of the best soundtracks I own. So I really hope this one follows suit.

Roseangelo 07-22-2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1853755)
Can't wait! Also can't wait to do a binge-watch of the entire trilogy.

I hope the soundtrack is great. The first and second movie's soundtracks were amaaaaaazing, two of the best soundtracks I own. So I really hope this one follows suit.

Bogus Journey is one of my favorite and most-played albums of all time. I really hope #3 delivers.

Leo656 07-23-2020 12:18 AM

Would you believe that album was my introduction to Megadeth, Primus, Steve Vai AND Faith No More?! 9-year old kids aren't supposed to have such great taste in music, and if not for that movie, I wouldn't have!

Some people are like, "How can a dumb movie like that change a life?" YOU DON'T KNOW, MAN! YOU WEREN'T THERE!

I owned the Bogus Journey soundtrack way before the Excellent Adventure one, and although they're totally different and the first film's album is considerably "light and fluffy" by comparison, there's some very underrated cuts on there. "In Time" and "Walk Away" will always snap me out of a funk, no matter how deep. "Break Away" can get me pumped up for anything. Even the cheesier, stereotypical 80s hair metal stuff isn't even "bad", it's just "of its time". I'm actually kinda glad that for that one, they didn't have the budget to put any really well-known bands on songs on the record. It gives that album an identity all its own, and I relate the songs more to the movie itself, and the feelings they stir in me, than I do to things like, "Hey, that song was on the _______ album!", the way I can't help but do with some of the songs on the Bogus Journey record.

MsMarvelDuckie 07-23-2020 06:41 AM

I still crank up God Gave Rock and Roll to You on a fairly frequent basis....

Autbot_Benz 07-23-2020 09:50 AM

Bill & Ted 3
@BillandTed3
The Wyld Stallyns are back, and they’ve expanded their act! Behold the new poster for Bill & Ted Face the Music, available On Demand and in select theaters September 1. Watch the all-new trailer now:

Leo656 07-23-2020 12:58 PM

I am SO goddamn hard right now.

You didn't ask, but that's what's goin' on. :lol:

Autbot_Benz 07-23-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1853924)
I am SO goddamn hard right now.

You didn't ask, but that's what's goin' on. :lol:

September 1st can't come fast enough.

XERO 07-23-2020 01:34 PM

Smiled the entire trailer. I can't wait.

drgon78 07-23-2020 01:34 PM

Wow, a new trailer.

Coola Yagami 07-25-2020 12:08 AM

While I feel kinda bad that the wives have taken the guys to couples counseling (boy they sure adapted to modern day), I am overjoyed to see the daughters act just like their dads. I'm glad they weren't like the 'modern millennial' that rolls their eyes at their dad's antics, they clearly love and idolize their folks and think they're the coolest thing since sliced bread.

I'm surprised Ted eventually told his dad everything, unless it happens earlier in this movie.