The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bill and Ted 3 is Officially Happening has Director (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59929)

TigerClaw 03-25-2019 03:41 PM

Rufus will not be recast in the movie. They responded to a fan asking if there will be a George Carlin Tribute.
https://twitter.com/BillandTed3/stat...13725175332864

He's so deeply missed by all who worked with him on the previous two films. His character will not be recast, but his absence will be a part of the whole third movie - including what is possibly the most emotional scene of the film.

Leo656 03-25-2019 03:43 PM

Yeah, I wondered how that would be addressed. I assume it will be tasteful and respectful.

I theorize that Rufus maybe died "too soon", and without his guidance Bill & Ted were incapable of fulfilling their destiny. Just a theory but we'll see what happens.

Andrew NDB 03-25-2019 03:50 PM

What do you guys think? Would it be ghoulish if they actually brought George Carlin to life with CGI? Like at the end, presiding over B&T as they play their song to a crowd or something?

Leo656 03-25-2019 03:57 PM

Yeah. I wouldn't wanna see that.

Some flashback scenes set to some poignant music would be more than enough.

TigerClaw 03-25-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1800732)
What do you guys think? Would it be ghoulish if they actually brought George Carlin to life with CGI? Like at the end, presiding over B&T as they play their song to a crowd or something?

One way to approach this. If they cast someone who can play as a Son or Daughter of Rufus.

Leo656 03-25-2019 04:52 PM

Apparently they're going to be popping into scenes from the first two films a'la Back to the Future II. I can dig that.

MsMarvelDuckie 03-25-2019 06:45 PM

I loved those scenes in BttF. Made the whole time-travel thing more weirdly crazy!

Leo656 03-25-2019 06:53 PM

They're gonna have a helluva time cleaning up the old footage to make it match current visual standards, though.

Keep in mind, for as good as it looked, those BttF2 scenes were a living hell to actually put together. I'm sure they have more tricks to work with nowadays, though. I can't wait to see what comes together.

MsMarvelDuckie 03-25-2019 06:55 PM

They were also all filmed close together, so getting the props, etc wasn't an issue. Wonder how BnT will manage that?

TigerClaw 03-25-2019 08:05 PM

With the advancements in the de-aging technology. I'm sure they can make Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter look younger in those scenes.

Leo656 03-25-2019 08:33 PM

Still waiting for one of those scenes that doesn't like like total ass.

This movie doesn't have an MCU or Star Wars budget, guy. They've all publicly declared that everyone involved in the making of this thing is doing it out of the kindness of their heart and making approximately $0 on it.

Adjust expectations accordingly.

Roseangelo 03-25-2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1800779)
This movie doesn't have an MCU or Star Wars budget, guy. They've all publicly declared that everyone involved in the making of this thing is doing it out of the kindness of their heart and making approximately $0 on it.

Adjust expectations accordingly.

So instead of being filled with CGI crap it'll use practical effects combined with some standard green screen, basically just like the original movies? Pretty sure that's what everyone's expecting.

Andrew NDB 03-25-2019 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseangelo (Post 1800790)
So instead of being filled with CGI crap it'll use practical effects combined with some standard green screen, basically just like the original movies? Pretty sure that's what everyone's expecting.

Yeah, no problem with this at all.

snake 03-26-2019 12:21 AM

They might as well just reshoot the old scenes with younger actors just to have them look on par with the rest of the movie. Isn’t that what BTTF2 did anyway, but with the same actors? I’ve never really looked into it.

Andrew NDB 03-26-2019 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1800766)
They're gonna have a helluva time cleaning up the old footage to make it match current visual standards, though.

What does that mean? The masters for either Bill and Ted movie are like... well, any movie shot on film. In that it exists in resolution well beyond 1080p. It just needs to be re-processed. Though for the sake of the new movie I'd avoid any shots where we see special effects in old footage from the old movies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1800797)
They might as well just reshoot the old scenes with younger actors just to have them look on par with the rest of the movie. Isn’t that what BTTF2 did anyway, but with the same actors? I’ve never really looked into it.

NO! We do not want that. We want the seed of the old into the new.

snake 03-26-2019 12:28 AM

Listen, the fact that we’re even getting B&T3 is seed enough. I never would’ve realistically thought this would happen.

drgon78 03-26-2019 05:21 AM

I am happy we are even getting a B&T3.

Speaking of the de-aging technology, what movie(or movies) do you think did it best?

Candy Kappa 03-26-2019 05:24 AM

Haven't seen Capt. Marvel yet, but Young Fury looks really good. I also think Young Hank Pym looks decent and Rogue One did fairly good, but RO is a different beast in comparison.

Young Tony in Winter Soldier looks really off though.

Xav 03-26-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1800797)

Well yeah. Except they had to replace Crispin Glover.

TigerClaw 03-26-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xav (Post 1800851)
Well yeah. Except they had to replace Crispin Glover.

I remember Crispin Glover suing the makers of Back To The Future Part 2 for using his likeness without his permission and won that case.