The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Music (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Electronic Music Corner (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=50603)

Amaranthus 01-02-2015 02:31 PM

The Electronic Music Corner

I sure hope this isn't against the rules.
But this pretty much is a thread to discuss all sorts of electronic music.
I made this because there's a lot of electronic artists out there that aren't well-known enough to make a thread about here.
So, have fun, and again, I hope this isn't against the rules.

Powder 01-02-2015 03:39 PM

I listen to a lot of electronic music, including things that aren't under the genre's banner but are very much in the vein of it (like video game music/chiptunes, trip-hop, & j-pop).

Amaranthus 01-14-2015 07:54 AM

Going to buy Syro by Aphex Twin.
After that I'm buying The Church by Mr. Oizo.

Whatswiththeheadbands? 01-14-2015 11:02 AM

The only Electronic music I listen to is Video game music.

Leo656 01-14-2015 10:20 PM

I like KMFDM and that's kinda it.

I spent a lot of time listening to all the Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack CDs, and that's about as deep as I get into that kinda music.

Wingnut 01-14-2015 10:49 PM

I like house music.

My half-brother had an incredible stash of original Chicago house vinyl, worth a small fortune nowadays. No telling what's happened to all of them :ohwell:

I can dig it (EDM and the like), but it pisses me off when some 17 year old with a Macbook wants to be called a "musician" just because they've learned sampling and how to piddle on ProTools. DJ's are making all the money and getting all the bookings in the music business nowadays, can't argue with that. I just hate how it's been at the expense of real musicians they're sampling from...In most cases.

ToTheNines 01-17-2015 08:07 PM

Neon Indian for me. One of my favorites regardless of genre.

Also really like Washed Out. Other than that I'm not too versed in any other acts.

Machias Banshee 01-17-2015 09:27 PM

I'm not good with titles of groups... but there's a performing duo called Robot Boys from Europe that perform to their own electronic music that I Really like...

Venom 01-19-2015 06:17 PM

I **love** EDM!!!

Anyone who enjoys electronic music owes it to themselves to download the Digitally Imported app!!

Every subgenre of electronic around has a channel there!

I enjoy Future Synthpop, Deep Tech House...actually, you know what, I enjoy most EDM,regardless of genre.

TigerClaw 01-19-2015 06:20 PM

I listen to electronic music all the time, Trance, Techno, House and Progressive.

Amaranthus 01-21-2015 01:25 PM

Syro arrived.
It's great so far. I love the album cover.
One thing I don't understand though. When you google pictures of the cover, you see the green Aphex Twin logo on it. But in my package, the logo was a sticker on the plastic the album was in. So it's not on the actual cover.
I'm confused.

Sofistocat 01-21-2015 01:54 PM

Cool thread idea. Been listening to dance music since the early 90's. Played Techno at some NYC clubs in the early 2000's. Detroit MotherFu**ing Techno represent...

Strings of the Strings of Life(i don't know how to post the video here, html not agreeing with me)

Some stuff I've made over the years... Not finished, mastered, or tasteful. FU*K IT!
MY SOUNDCLOUD

Amaranthus 02-03-2015 12:11 PM

Update: Syro is a great album and Aphex Twin is my new lord and saviour.

mexichrist83 02-05-2015 01:51 PM

I worked for KMFDM for several years. Still good friends with them.

Juno Reactor are a fantastic electronic band. One of my favorite electronic albums is "Dead Cities" by The Future Sound of London. "Second Toughest in the Infants" by Underworld and "Risotto" by Fluke are a couple of great electronic albums as well.

Master Splinter 02-07-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 1409169)
I **love** EDM!!!

Anyone who enjoys electronic music owes it to themselves to download the Digitally Imported app!!

Every subgenre of electronic around has a channel there!

I enjoy Future Synthpop, Deep Tech House...actually, you know what, I enjoy most EDM,regardless of genre.

Tell me more about this app... I love EDM music (dubstep, trap, dance, house, etc).

-ms

TigerClaw 02-07-2015 09:29 AM

I'm watching a live broadcast of A State of Trance 700 right now, If you guys like Trance music. :)

TigerClaw 02-15-2015 02:14 PM

I love this track!

Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat!

Roland 02-16-2015 12:32 PM

My favourite electronic/instrumental band is Planet X. I also like the electronic tunes on need for speed 2.

I'm also a nut for collecting mod ( aka tracker files) music (it like midi files except you provide samples or synths). It can be used to get the exact 16-bit or 8-bit feel for music to match what old console used to produce. One I mod file I really like is The unstoppable mech. Check the mod file out here Modarchive.org

Amaranthus 05-27-2015 04:48 AM

I seriously can't be the only one that nearly cries when listening to Xtal by Aphex Twin.

Powder 05-27-2015 04:50 AM

It's a favorite of mine, & it resonates with me emotionally, but not to that extent. The video for it on YT is pretty powerful in conjunction with the music, though.