The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Do you consider you're self to be a good, smart person? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=46990)

fridaynightdestination 04-11-2014 10:27 AM

Do you consider you're self to be a good, smart person?

Do you?

Do you consider yourself to be a good, smart person?

Cure 04-11-2014 10:45 AM

I'm more good than smart, but sure. What an odd thing to ask.

Powder 04-11-2014 10:51 AM

Not sure about good, but I'm smart enough to know the difference between "your" & "you're". :tlol:

JetsAndHeels 04-11-2014 11:08 AM

It depends on the topic. I am smart when it comes to certain things, but not so much with others.

Am I good? Well, that depends on who you ask. :)

Mzx10484 04-11-2014 11:45 AM

Quite generally answered - yes, I do.
But my smartness has its limits somewhere. I'm aware of that, and that's part of my smartness.

Whatswiththeheadbands? 04-11-2014 12:05 PM

Well, that all depends on how you would define good and smart:P

RaphAndDonnie 04-11-2014 12:53 PM

I dont find myself good but others do so take that for what you will. I do think I'm smart, at least when it comes to certain things like reading, writing or art but not other things like math and science.

fridaynightdestination 04-11-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1247225)
I'm more good than smart, but sure. What an odd thing to ask.

This is what happens when you're on spring break and all you're friends are out of town.

Cryomancer 04-11-2014 08:14 PM

Not particularly.

snake 04-11-2014 09:22 PM

I don't know. I'm not super smart and I'm not an idiot. I consider myself a decent person but I guess that's not up to me to decide.

I'd rather have someone else form an opinion of me then just consider myself "a nice guy".

Redeemer 04-11-2014 09:55 PM

My ego says yes, but history says no :lol:
One thing I do notice, I am logical and rational thinker.

Ninjinister 04-11-2014 10:13 PM

BubblyShell22 04-12-2014 09:16 AM

I'm not completely stupid, but there are things I struggle with such as math and science. As for being good, I'm not perfect, but nobody is. Still, I like to think that I'm not truly heartless in most things.

ObiWanFan4life 04-12-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 (Post 1247768)
I'm not completely stupid, but there are things I struggle with such as math and science. As for being good, I'm not perfect, but nobody is. Still, I like to think that I'm not truly heartless in most things.

I thunk this sums me up as well, at least on a personal level.

blindturtle02 04-12-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life (Post 1247771)
I thunk this sums me up as well, at least on a personal level.

I'm with Obi and Bubbly on this. Math has always been a bit visual for me, but I wouldn't say I struggle with it too much. I also like to share my knowledge with others. I'm doing the teacher thing, so I definitely spread knowledge around when I learn something new. If I find out a person already knows such and such, the first thing I like to ask is,"Well what do you think about..." I've never even thought about lording what I know over others. "What? You didn't know so and so about such and such? ha! How stupid can ya be?" That type of bs. So I guess that makes me an ok person. I hate it when people go around belittling others due to how little they may seem to know. Now, if a person isn't applying him/herself, I can see how frustrating that might be. I don't want to be the type of person who spoonfeeds others knowledge if I can help it. It's more fun to watch people discovering something for the first time than just babbling about it to them.

I'm certainly not perfect. Far from it, but I try to do the best I can with what I've got. I like making friends, so I suppose that makes me a good person. There are far too many sick and twisted individuals in the world today who go around performing all sorts of random acts of cruelty, so I do my best to at least try to be nice to folks. Life's too short to go around dogging others down. I'd like to leave this world some day knowing that I was the type of guy who helped things get a little easier for the next person, and who passed on what he learned in order to make this world a bit more of a better place for future generations.

MsMarvelDuckie 04-12-2014 02:20 PM

For the most part, I'd like to say yes to both. I know there are plenty of things I don't know or am not god at- like math, though I LOVE science and am actually pretty well-versed in it- but I try to learn something new whenever I can, and am always interested in new developments, discoveries, and the like. I suppose that makes me smart. I also enjoy discussing all kinds of topics with others, the better to learn, and to understand how others think as well.

Am I "good"? I like to think so, in spite of what some on here might say to the contrary. I can and often DO like to play devil's advocate, however, looking at ALL sides to a discussion or argument, and I can put myself into other people's shoes easily, which in some cases might come off as condoning unpopular or offensive views. But that's okay- I know who I am and what I believe, and I'm not afraid to express ideas that others might not like, even if it's only to point out the narrow-mindedness of some ideals. The world isn't black and white, and I acknowledge and accept that as part of life. Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so. The truth is I try to be accepting and tolerant of ALL people, no matter who they are or where they come from or what they believe. It's something my mother taught me long ago- to be open-minded enough to realize that everyone is different, and to have sympathy for other people, even if I don't personally agree with how they live or what they think. I'd like to think that makes me a "good" person.

On the other hand, I've got a short temper at times, which I've come to terms with, and in my personal life, I despise two things above all- hypocrisy, and blatant stupidity or ignorance. I don't have a problem with people who simply don't know something, but "know-it-alls" who really DON'T, and the willful lack of common sense and simple basic skills or knowledge by some people gets on my nerves like nothing else. We all know the type- the one person who insists they know something about everything, talking about things they really haven't got a clue about, and who try to act as though they know what they are talking about even though they make themselves look like a jacka**. I fully admit to sometimes wanting to line them all up in front of a firing squad. But that's just me, I guess.... :trazz::tgrumble:

PAAATE 04-12-2014 02:49 PM

I think I'm good. I'm probably the least judgmental person I know, to the point where I even annoy others with me not wanting to make assumptions or jump to conclusions, or me not thinking "weird" stuff is weird. I'm definitely tolerant towards others. And patient. Most of us Swedes are very reserved and don't like talking to strangers, me included, but if a stranger talks to me (please don't, seriously), I'll be patient with you. I donate to charities every now and then.

I used to be a horrible person, though. Mean-spirited, bullying sense of humor, no matter whether the other person "deserved" it or not... But I just couldn't stand all the negativity anymore. I definitely prefer inner peace and harmony (but I'm not a spiritual person).

As for smart... There are different types of smarts... I score high on IQ tests, but those are all about pattern recognition, which I'm great at, but when it comes to real-life smarts or general knowledge or whatever... Eh... Definitely varies depending on situation :p

My math skills are... Um... I'm really fast with the basic stuff, like, give me two numbers to add or subtract or multiply or whatever, and I'll give you an answer pretty quickly, but anything more complex... Look, it's been a while since I studied math, and my math skills beyond the ones you use in everyday life are rusty as **** :p

And horrible short-term memory. Like, it's just bad.

Mayhem 04-13-2014 06:08 AM

Smart? Yes. Knowledge? Yes. Wisdom? Yes. Good? There's a reason my RPG characters normally end up in the chaotic neutral spectrum. Unfortunately in today's world, you have to think about yourself more often than I would prefer because no one else will. Cynical? Maybe. But there are still plenty of good people out there who compliment me well. Like my other half. Even though I'm the one with the unlimited patience and she blows up like the fuse is half an inch long...

Prowler 04-16-2014 05:41 AM

How to answer this without sounding arrogant...

Peanut 04-16-2014 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1250412)
How to answer this without sounding arrogant...

Pssst....you can't!