The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   April 2018 Solicitations (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59456)

bushido 01-24-2018 04:17 AM

April 2018 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #81

(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (A/CA) Dave Wachter

"Kingdom of the Rats," Part 1. New York City is in ruins after the Triceraton Invasion. Various groups jockey for control in the power vacuum. But there is one who doesn't care about power, only chaos... the Rat King! Will the TMNT be able to stop him from doing the unspeakable?

Bullet points:
• A haunting tale of intrigue and deception!
• Variant cover by Mark Torres!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #21

(W) Paul Allor (A) Mark Torres (CA) Freddie Williams II

Find out what became of the Triceratons after the Invasion! Will they get along with their new neighbors or become the first victims of a new villain?

Bullet points:
• Major story ramifications for the TMNT!
• Variant cover by Nathan Greno!

BATMAN / TMNT II #6

(W) James TynionIV (A/CA) Freddie Williams II

It's the final battle as the Bat-family and the Turtles face off against Bane and the Foot Clan on Liberty Island. With America's great symbol of freedom watching over them, the Dark Knight and the Heroes on a Half-Shell must bring Bane's tyrannical rule over New York to an end. And don't forget about Shredder. What role will that deadly villain have to play in all of this? It's all-out action in this exciting series conclusion.

Tales of TMNT Omnibus TP Vol 01

(W) Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Steve Murphy (A) Ryan Brown (A/CA) Jim Lawson

The Tales of the TMNT series presents short, one-issue stories that give readers an in-depth look at Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, Casey Jones, and Splinter, while also delving into the stories of background characters like Nobody, Rat King, and Savanti Romero. Collects issues #1-7 of the original series, Tales of the TMNT, and issues #1-8 of the 2004 re-launch, Tales of the TMNT Volume Two. Presented in all-new color.

Bullet points:
• Advance solicited for May release!
• Classic tales featuring a variety of creators.

TMNT Adventures TP Vol 15

(W) Dean Clarrain (A) Chris Allan (CA) Steve Lavigne

The all-ages action continues in "Dreamland!" In the future, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have become the Cyber Samurai Mutant Ninja Turtles. The brothers have new powers and new allies, and they're going to need them to face some new enemies in this time-hopping story from the world of tomorrow! Collects issues #62-66 of the Archie Comics series.

Bullet points:
• Reprinting stories from the classic Archie Comics run, TMNT Adventures reflects the style made popular by the original ‘90s cartoon!

MikeandRaph87 01-24-2018 07:14 AM

So the Triceratons move to Burnow Island where the utroms are and will meet Ch'rell and things will not go over too well.

ProphetofGanja 01-24-2018 07:17 AM

I always love getting the solicits for the upcoming comics but I'd already seen most of these this time, oh well.

I wonder if the Triceratons' new neighbors could be the Utroms? Burnow Island could be facing a real estate boom

AlZarkovski 01-24-2018 07:29 AM

Other covers:

bushido 01-24-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlZarkovski (Post 1741611)

Thanks I just updated.

Shargor 01-24-2018 07:40 AM

Also, CBR mentions Dave Wachter as an interior artist for TMNT #81.

bushido 01-24-2018 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shargor (Post 1741616)
Also, CBR mentions Dave Wachter as an interior artist for TMNT #81.

Comixology too so I updated again :trazz:

AquaParade 01-24-2018 07:55 AM

I love the “neighborhood watch” sign on Kevin’s cover. It’s cute.

But why is there a giant turtle fist coming out of the top left corner of the cover? Is that a stamp of some kind?

oldmanwinters 01-24-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1741618)

But why is there a giant turtle fist coming out of the top left corner of the cover? Is that a stamp of some kind?

I noticed that too, but thought it was just my eyes playing tricks.

bushido 01-24-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZhwyI6cffQ...s1600/51-1.jpg

A reference?

Powder 01-24-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

I'd guess the logo was ripped from another issue & somebody forgot to fix that.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 01-24-2018 08:41 AM

Jennika and Jones, badass allies with arms crossed. :tlol: I love it.

Also, yeah... Burnow Island, much? Sending the Triceratons to live with their former overlords isn't a great solution. It's a BAD solution.

Utrommaniac 01-24-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushido (Post 1741592)
Will they get along with their new neighbors or become the first victims of a new villain?

No sh!t the second thing is going to happen! I'm a...little disappointed that Ch'rell is emerging on a Universe issue instead of a main line one, but man. This is going to be...bad for everyone involved and both sides will owe Don a very strong coffee at the least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1741624)
Jennika and Jones, badass allies with arms crossed. :tlol: I love it.

Also, yeah... Burnow Island, much? Sending the Triceratons to live with their former overlords isn't a great solution. It's a BAD solution.

Um yeah, who in the world thought that was a good idea?
...Probably Ma'riell. She hasn't really been making the best decisions in making amends with former/potential enemies. From the way that sounds, Ch'rell's not going to let that fly. I'm not going to feel too bad for Ma'riell if Ch'rell takes control from her, especially if she makes a "third strike" in bad decisions. "Excuse me, Krang-senpai brought us to this place to get away from the Triceratons."

Just...give them their own darn island, man. Hawaii's got one they're not using. There's plenty in the Pacific ocean.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 01-24-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1741676)
No sh!t the second thing is going to happen! I'm a...little disappointed that Ch'rell is emerging on a Universe issue instead of a main line one, but man. This is going to be...bad for everyone involved and both sides will owe Don a very strong coffee at the least.

...Probably Ma'riell. She hasn't really been making the best decisions in making amends with former/potential enemies. From the way that sounds, Ch'rell's not going to let that fly.

Just...give them their own darn island, man. Hawaii's got one they're not using. There's plenty in the Pacific ocean.

Hey, Bishop's first story arc was in Universe! Null's only appearances have been in Mutanimals and Universe! Don't knock the side series...

Also, why not give the Triceratons Detroit? Maybe they can fix that place up. :trazz:

neatoman 01-24-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushido (Post 1741592)

Tales of TMNT Omnibus TP Vol 01

(W) Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Steve Murphy (A) Ryan Brown (A/CA) Jim Lawson

The Tales of the TMNT series presents short, one-issue stories that give readers an in-depth look at Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, Casey Jones, and Splinter, while also delving into the stories of background characters like Nobody, Rat King, and Savanti Romero. Collects issues #1-7 of the original series, Tales of the TMNT, and issues #1-8 of the 2004 re-launch, Tales of the TMNT Volume Two. Presented in all-new color.

Bullet points:
• Classic tales featuring a variety of creators.

"All-new color" as in all-new, or the same "all-new color" from 4-6 years ago?

Utrommaniac 01-24-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1741680)
Hey, Bishop's first story arc was in Universe! Null's only appearances have been in Mutanimals and Universe! Don't knock the side series...

...Good point.
I think the difference is that Bishop arrived without a main-universe preview (as far as I remember) and Ch'rell did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1741680)
Also, why not give the Triceratons Detroit? Maybe they can fix that place up. :trazz:

That's not bad :lol:

CyberCubed 01-24-2018 12:51 PM

So the Triceratons are staying on Earth? It shouldn't be too hard to find them a suitable planet in Dimension X, right?

MikeandRaph87 01-24-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1741676)

...Probably Ma'riell. She hasn't really been making the best decisions in making amends with former/potential enemies. From the way that sounds, Ch'rell's not going to let that fly.

It might be one of those leave your brain in the other room and enjoy it even if it does not make sense in the universe logic from which it is established. At this point is hard to see why that would be allowed after what happened. Fresh start and co-existence? No. I don't care how peaceful they seem to want to be, history repeats itself its not in the past.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 01-24-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1741682)
...Good point.
I think the difference is that Bishop arrived without a main-universe preview (as far as I remember) and Ch'rell did.

Actually, Darkwater and Bishop both were seeded a couple of times in the #51-55 arcs, observing the mutants and Burnow Island.

Utrommaniac 01-24-2018 01:10 PM

Yes, I remember now!

It's still kind of a weird way to introduce major villains, but I guess when people are busy on the other side...

Speaking of that, what's taking them so long in acting on Burnow? Especially if the Triceratons are going to go there.