The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Rise of the TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New Show coming in 2018 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57475)

Andrew NDB 03-03-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatello19 (Post 1664754)
We've had our fair share of "serious" TMNT (comics, most of the movies, the 2003 series, 2012 series, etc) so I think a humor focused show could actually be a nice change of pace.

All of those you list are humor-focused. They certainly aren't anything else-focused. I mean there's action, but that's peripheral.

And haven't we already got a "Rise"?

http://www.postpostmoderndad.com/wp-...of-turtles.jpg

neatoman 03-03-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1664756)
All of those you list are humor-focused. They certainly aren't anything else-focused. I mean there's action, but that's peripheral.

Not as a series name though.

Though I'm not sure what we'll call the current show though, we can't call it the Nicktoon anymore since it's only the first Nick produced show. Tales, maybe? Since it's the name it'll conclude with.

Then we'd have:
Fred Wolf
Next Mutation
4Kids
Tales
Rise

Andrew NDB 03-03-2017 01:38 PM

Nick1, Nick2.

inaheap 03-03-2017 02:01 PM

I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. At least it probably means we have a few more years of turtle mania.

plastroncafe 03-03-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1664764)
Not as a series name though.

Though I'm not sure what we'll call the current show though, we can't call it the Nicktoon anymore since it's only the first Nick produced show. Tales, maybe? Since it's the name it'll conclude with.

Then we'd have:
Fred Wolf
Next Mutation
4Kids
Tales
Rise

OT
NM
2k3
2k7
2k12
Which would make the new show the Nick Toon, or 2k18.

snake 03-03-2017 02:17 PM

I call the Nick show either "The Nick Show" or "2k12". It fits.

CyberCubed 03-03-2017 02:20 PM

I actually wish they held off until at least 2020 for a new cartoon. Feels too soon to start it right after the current series.

I also liked how each decade of kids had a different show to grow up with:

80's/90's kids = Original cartoon

Early 2000's kids = 4kids series, as it started in 2003 and ended in 2009

2010's era kids: Nick which started in 2012 and may end in either late 2017 or early 2018.

IndigoErth 03-03-2017 03:03 PM

I will be sad if this is aimed just at little kids and is unappealing to older audiences. I can appreciate cute kid stuff to some extent, but some of the stupidness other Nick shows like to aim for... ugh. Please no. Even if young, it just better be cute and still a decent enough representation, seeing how this one will likely be my nephew's introduction until he's old enough to watch repeats/video of the other three.

If this is kiddie stuff though, when many would very gladly see them continue to get past the "kid's thing" stigma (not losing it entirely, just expanding)... seriously, Nick/Viacom, you owe us a grown up TMNT one day. Viacom's got other channels they could do a mature cartoon on... (Heck, their channel Spike recently got rebranded as "The Paramount Network". Could run an older series a little hand-in-hand with future movie iterations.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by METALHEAD (Post 1664635)
Young pups want april black.

...i'm kinda hoping they make her Hispanic just for the nice change of individuality.

Or like a lot of people these days and in the future, maybe mixed? Her dad's an Irish O'Neil (gotta get that name from somewhere) and her mom, who we haven't (ever in any version? not counting Mom-thing) met, is Hispanic?

Either way I'd at least like to have April back as an adult.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1664663)
I know Nick is pretty crappy when it comes to the home video department, but they'd be foolish not to release the 2012 series as a full box set when it's all said and done..right?

I would not be surprised at all if at some point they do a plastic Shellraiser case akin to the Turtle Van case that exists for the original cartoon.

Vegita-San 03-03-2017 03:16 PM

i just want it to have some kind of good vision.
choose one person to run it, not five, and keep playmates as far away as possible.

oh, and make sure the people in charge of it aren't jerks this time ;o)

plastroncafe 03-03-2017 03:17 PM

^^^^^^^^^
this
^^^^^^^^^

CyberCubed 03-03-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegita-San (Post 1664810)
i just want it to have some kind of good vision.
choose one person to run it, not five,

TV shows aren't your little fanfiction. One person can't run a show direction/writing wise all by himself.

snake 03-03-2017 03:44 PM

How were the Nick crew jerks?

ToTheNines 03-03-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Obviously there are plenty of exciting new directions one could take TMNT in, but... This kind of stuff makes me think Viacom is running out of ideas

What do we call our Bayturtles sequel? Let's name it after that video game we made 2 years ago.

What do we call our new cartoon? Let's name it after the first episode of its direct predecessor.

Powder 03-03-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1664823)
How were the Nick crew jerks?

By not appreciating being hit up on Facebook constantly... :tlol: :roll:

oldmanwinters 03-03-2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Exactly! The Amazon search results are gonna get all jumbled up next year!

Freeman 03-03-2017 06:03 PM

I'm most certain they'll realise the miss-information this would create and change it: it's the working title and they've got more than a year ahead.

Ninjinister 03-03-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1664850)
By not appreciating being hit up on Facebook constantly... :tlol: :roll:

The only people who had problems with the crew, that I saw, were the ones who were antagonistic to them in the first place.

Aaronardo 03-03-2017 06:40 PM

Oh, right, because rebooting it with another show the year the other show ends won't saturate sh*t. :roll:

God help us all if this is Teen Titans Go for TMNT, which is exactly what this sounds like. Granted, we're going off a couple sentences here, but I'm really not a fan of those couple of sentences. If they can make it funny, then it'll be all good, but if it's a response to TTG, a show that derives its entire sense of humor from being over-the-top-bonkers all the time, I just can't see it working.

Even if you enjoy that kind of humor, it's the kind of humor you can't quite replicate if the right people aren't put on it (Ren & Stimpy, Shrek).

CyberCubed 03-03-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronardo (Post 1664874)

God help us all if this is Teen Titans Go for TMNT, which is exactly what this sounds like. Granted, we're going off a couple sentences here, but I'm really not a fan of those couple of sentences. If they can make it funny, then it'll be all good, but if it's a response to TTG, a show that derives its entire sense of humor from being over-the-top-bonkers all the time, I just can't see it working.

Well that type of show will work, it just won't be for us. Teen Titans Go was a massive success for Cartoon Network, hence why they marathon it on their schedule all the time and why so many other shows are trying to copy it.

MikeandRaph87 03-03-2017 07:02 PM

Is this restart in response to the deaths? Why not just revive them in-story and light up the tone? Seems a more cohesive approach.